Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

You obviously do, mate. Everton won't be finishing anywhere near 12th.

Why do you think so highly of Everton? If you are basing this off today's performance, it was much more a case of Chelsea misfiring than anything special from Everton. Their goal was a gift and none the opposing attacking players did anything to test them.

I think they will struggle for incisiveness upfront, Baines will leave in January, and they also lack depth in defence along with having players and a keeper who are prone to shipping cheap goal. They are a team with talent, but several flaws, just as Newcastle. Where do you think they will finish? I would guess somewhere between 8th and 12th.

The previous 3 games this season we have dominated lesser opposition but struggled to take our chances because Kone and Jelavic. The signing of Lukaku should put a stop to those draws. Against Chelsea we put in a great defensive showing in the first half & the latter stages of the second, showing we can still grind out a win which was really encouraging for me. Still played some nice stuff at times too.

I think Baines going in January is about as likely as Barca coming in for Tony Hibbert. If he was going, it was gonna be in the summer.

Baffled by your comments on our defence! Would love to know who the error prone players are? We had the 2nd best defensive record last season iirc and despite the fears that we would fall apart defensively under Martinez, we've clocked up 3 clean sheets in 4 league games. Our depth in defence is actually very good apart from at right back. Stacked at centre back and Oviedo is a good understudy at left back. You're not far wrong on Howard tbh but he's been ok to start with this season.

I would be shocked if we finished outside the top 10 and see no reason we shouldn't aim for 6th even if we end up a place or two lower. The squads a bit better than last year and I'm not worried that Moyes has gone.

As for Newcastle, your first XI is up there but your manager will hold you back.

Do you think Martinez is planning to go to a back 3 at some point? And could it work with your players?

He tried it at times in pre-season but seemed to settle on a back four.

I think we could play it since we've got Baines & Coleman and depth at centre half. You'd have Jags on the right, Distin on the left and someone more comfortable on the ball in the middle, Stones/Heitinga/Alcaraz. Personally, I would rather stick with our settled back 4 and have the extra midfield/forward option. 

• 2 weeks later...

Down to a 9 with a heavy heart.

I cant see Ashley changing anything until we've already been through to many games and when he does make his decision its going to be uncal Joe whole takes over.

said 4 after the villa game with the proviso that he didn't change things and/or fuck it up - probably a 6 now, edging towards that same feeling from last season that we're so bad we're going to get sucked in again

see nothing in pardew to suggest he can turn it around either

Guest Roger Kint

Around 3 I think.

Around 8 I know.

80% likely to go down?

Aye.. only 56.9% disagree

Luckily our survival rests on the pitch and not on the poll.