Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Id say we are down if we dont beat Hull, especially if they beat us. We are running out of winnable games and fast, today was one of them and Hull is the next one.

It's absolutely critical that we leapfrog ahead of Hull since they're also in freefall.

Would be ironic if despite all the hoopla early in the season, Hull, Stoke, and West Brom go straight back down. Not looking entirely unlikely right now either.

atletico madrid (2000), sevilla (2000), leeds united (2004), manchester city (1996, 2001) west ham (2003), sampdoria (1999), fiorentina (2002) and many more..

im sorry, but big teams do go down. will it be newcastle united (2009)??

atletico madrid (2000), sevilla (2000), leeds united (2004), manchester city (1996, 2001) west ham (2003), sampdoria (1999), fiorentina (2002) and many more..

Corinthians 2008...

:weep:

But the thing is I don't trust this lot to be able to get us back up.

But the thing is I don't trust this lot to be able to get us back up.

Thats what I was thinking. We could easily turn into another Southampton or Charlton.

Hopefully Owen, Guthrie, Beye, Viduka and Barton will make enough of a difference in the final 7 or 8 games or so provided they van get past in-form players like Ameobi when they are finally fit.

After a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich, I'm prepared to say a 7.5 instead of the 10.0 I was considering earlier.

This loss does not guarantee relegation.  What it practically guarantees (barring some miraculous run against vastly superior sides) is that our survival will depend on the final 3 games of the season.  So stock up on the beta blockers now friends, because the run in is going to be so much fun.

for fucks sake. we lost 1-0 to bolton, thats a very narrow margin. people as usual are saying "no help for us now, we are down" just because boro and blackburn both won? rubbish. we have 11 games left this season, and boro and blackburn have 12. yes we have to play man united and arsenal and chelsea at home, and liverpool away but other teams will also have hard fixtures. we have hull and stoke away and boro and pompey at home which are undoubtedly releagtion 6 pointers, and villa spurs and fulham which will be hard fixtures. the way i see it, there are more than 3 worse teams than us, and we will grab points somewhere. doubtful we will go down. come on can anyone really see us losing to boro and pompey at home?

for f***s sake. we lost 1-0 to bolton, thats a very narrow margin. people as usual are saying "no help for us now, we are down" just because boro and blackburn both won? rubbish. we have 11 games left this season, and boro and blackburn have 12. yes we have to play man united and arsenal and chelsea at home, and liverpool away but other teams will also have hard fixtures. we have hull and stoke away and boro and pompey at home which are undoubtedly releagtion 6 pointers, and villa spurs and fulham which will be hard fixtures. the way i see it, there are more than 3 worse teams than us, and we will grab points somewhere. doubtful we will go down. come on can anyone really see us losing to boro and pompey at home?

But can anyone see us beating them?

for fucks sake. we lost 1-0 to bolton, thats a very narrow margin. people as usual are saying "no help for us now, we are down" just because boro and blackburn both won? rubbish. we have 11 games left this season, and boro and blackburn have 12. yes we have to play man united and arsenal and chelsea at home, and liverpool away but other teams will also have hard fixtures. we have hull and stoke away and boro and pompey at home which are undoubtedly releagtion 6 pointers, and villa spurs and fulham which will be hard fixtures. the way i see it, there are more than 3 worse teams than us, and we will grab points somewhere. doubtful we will go down. come on can anyone really see us losing to boro and pompey at home?

yes, under hughton, i can see us losing every match, we have left.

Ive just looked at the remaining fixtures and Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that we wont win another game all season and that I predict we will pick up 5 more points between now and the end.

Hopefully we will fluke a win somewhere though.

Ive just looked at the remaining fixtures and Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that we wont win another game all season and that I predict we will pick up 5 more points between now and the end.

Hopefully we will fluke a win somewhere though.

you honestly believe we wont beat either of fulham, pompey and boro at home and stoke or hull away? you believe that the maximum we will pick up is 5 points from all those fixtures?

We all know how Boro will play against us at St. James'. They'll stick 10 men behind the ball and frustrate us to fuck. They'll look to silence the crowd and, on a good day, try and hit us on the break. Its what they always do.

Fulham is a more than winnable game for us in my eyes. Yes, they are a good team but they couldnt buy a win away from home. I'd say we'll knick 3 points.

God knows about the Pompey game. They could be good or as bad as us and it'll turn into a game that one team wins simply because they made less mistakes than their opposition.

Bar those 3 games, and maybe they Hull game, I cant see us winning any matches.

I had originally said there was a slim chance bu that is increasingly becoming greater after watching game after game of wasted chances and failier to commit.

Saying that, I believe we have NO games left where a result is not obtainable. All we need is the right tactics, the right mentality in the team and a little luck (ok, maybe not that). We've got to that stage in the season where we can't afford to label games as 'so what if we get beaten'. Man United this week is going to be a tough game but we have beaten them before and can beat them come Wednesday. Same with Arsenal.

Theres no point talking about 'those' 5 games as being the games we need to win to survive - 3 points against anyone is 3 points, even a point in the other games will see us move upwards. So what if we get beat 9-0 on wed? If we go out an compete and at least look interested, you never know what can happen. We went down to Old Trafford at the beginning of the season thinking 'Here we go again' and looked what happened there.

I stood at the end of the game today and honestly thought this was the point of no return. Reactions by a couple of the players showed exactly what I was thinking - hands on their heads, motionless and more disappointment than just another lose. I've had a little time to think and we still have plenty of games left, our future is STILL in our hands. Obviously we need a rocket fired behind us but no game is out of reach. We must go into every game thinking 'Yeah, we CAN and WILL win this'.

It may not be in our (the fans) hands but I'm not giving up on the team just yet. Until it is confirmed, I won't accept it!

I had originally said there was a slim chance bu that is increasingly becoming greater after watching game after game of wasted chances and failier to commit.

Saying that, I believe we have NO games left where a result is not obtainable. All we need is the right tactics, the right mentality in the team and a little luck (ok, maybe not that). We've got to that stage in the season where we can't afford to label games as 'so what if we get beaten'. Man United this week is going to be a tough game but we have beaten them before and can beat them come Wednesday. Same with Arsenal.

Theres no point talking about 'those' 5 games as being the games we need to win to survive - 3 points against anyone is 3 points, even a point in the other games will see us move upwards. So what if we get beat 9-0 on wed? If we go out an compete and at least look interested, you never know what can happen. We went down to Old Trafford at the beginning of the season thinking 'Here we go again' and looked what happened there.

I stood at the end of the game today and honestly thought this was the point of no return. Reactions by a couple of the players showed exactly what I was thinking - hands on their heads, motionless and more disappointment than just another lose. I've had a little time to think and we still have plenty of games left, our future is STILL in our hands. Obviously we need a rocket fired behind us but no game is out of reach. We must go into every game thinking 'Yeah, we CAN and WILL win this'.

It may not be in our (the fans) hands but I'm not giving up on the team just yet. Until it is confirmed, I won't accept it!

I admire your optimism, pete, but it going to be very, very tough to get anything from our next 3 home games. By the end of those, who knows where we could be. Yes, we've beaten Man Utd before but that was about 6 or 7 years ago when we had a team capable of finishing in the top 3 and one of the finest managers in football.

True, if we organise right and fight like dogs we can give the big boys a run for their money.....but thats the problem: we dont have a proper manager (or coach in our case) who can make astute tactical changes, we dont have the players to do that, and we dont have the character in our side to fight and stand up and be counted. We're a spineless team.

We've been missing (good) luck for the past 40 years, what makes you think we'll get it on Wednesday night, or in the coming weeks?

I admire your optimism, pete, but it going to be very, very tough to get anything from our next 3 home games. By the end of those, who knows where we could be. Yes, we've beaten Man Utd before but that was about 6 or 7 years ago when we had a team capable of finishing in the top 3 and one of the finest managers in football.

True, if we organise right and fight like dogs we can give the big boys a run for their money.....but thats the problem: we dont have a proper manager (or coach in our case) who can make astute tactical changes, we dont have the players to do that, and we dont have the character in our side to fight and stand up and be counted. We're a spineless team.

We've been missing (good) luck for the past 40 years, what makes you think we'll get it on Wednesday night, or in the coming weeks?

Agree, the fact we dont have a skilled manager to make the right tactical decsions and motivate the players is very worrying! That plus the side has no spine (lack of a consistant center midfield) makes us easy to play against at the mo!

4 its tight, but we have to play Boro, Pompey and Fulham all at home, plenty of winnable games left. I have a real gut feeling we'll beat Arsenal.

I hate teams like Arsenal having streams of 0-0 games just prior to meeting us. If any team needs to break a duck, just wait until the Toon come along - look at Bolton and their clean sheet record before today.

Fulham is in no way an easy game the way they are playing.

4 its tight, but we have to play Boro, Pompey and Fulham all at home, plenty of winnable games left. I have a real gut feeling we'll beat Arsenal.

I hate teams like Arsenal having streams of 0-0 games just prior to meeting us. If any team needs to break a duck, just wait until the Toon come along - look at Bolton and their clean sheet record before today.

I know, that ALWAYS happens to us. Always. Its so annoying, like why do we have to recieve all the backlashes, like?

Good point, however Arsenal at home is a fixture that never scares me unlike Man U and Chelsea they don't seem to be able to deal with physical teams if we get stuck in, I can see us winning. Fulham won't be easy but home advantage is as always a big factor. In the league we have only lost 3 times at home (Hull, Blackburn, Liverpool) our away form and too many draws is why we are where we are.