Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Darth Toon

I think Stoke will win enough home games to stay up, and Beattie was a very good buy. Pompey are really struggling now, but will probably sack Tony Adams soon and get a boost from that. Blackburn are on a decent run now and should have enough goals from Mccarthy, Santa Cruz and Roberts. Hull are falling but have more points already on the board and a very good acquisition in Jimmy Bullard.

I make it WBA, the smogs and us. Of all our winnable remaining games, 3 of them (Pompey, smogs, Fulham at home) are in the last 5 games of the season, so we're almost certain to enter that critical spell already in the drop zone, and I just don't back our lot to have the balls to get out of it.

Guest sittingontheball

After the derby and that window, 4.5

Lose the next one and its a big move higher.

Had we bought from our rivals, notably Portsmouth, Id have moved down a bit.

We could have had two birds with one stone.

Doubtful. Unless you fancy 'Boro at Man City...

nope, so we can rely on boro to keep us off the bottom.

edit, just realised that lot^^^^ should have went in the wba, pre match thread, oh well.

I respect people's optimism and of course there's still time, but I'm thick enough to watch around five premier league games every weekend and it's a motherfuckin fact that we play the worst football out of all clubs - and I'm including Stoke 'long throw' City in that.

We've had two decent games this season - Man Utd away and Villa home. That's it - two games out of twenty four. Add Kinnear's inadequacy, the lost points against relegation rivals, the injuries and the lack of reinforcements to that and you can see why it's extremely hard for me to be optimistic.

I don't doubt that there are worse squads out there, it's just that they compensate the lack of quality with passion and commitment on the field. At the same time we're having the patience of watching wasters like Damien Duff and Nicky Butt single-handedly costing us points every week, because they don't care about nothing else than the fat pay checks we're paying them. And I'm sure the worst is yet to come, because undoubtedly it would take ages for Kinnear to find out that Smith is useless, if he ever realizes it.

I just pray that Oba comes back healthy and is strong enough to carry us on his own like he did in the Roeder season. That's our only hope.

i'd also say they have a pretty coherent game plan, a settled/balanced side and a manager who knows what they are doing. we all know stoke city are s*** but they have certain strengths that they play to and they make a half decent fist of it. we have more quality (when players are fit) but there's no overall vision, our squad is an unbalanced mess, a hodge-podge of signings from different managers or even scouts that doesn't really amount to a team.

Stoke have tactics. Yes, they're really horrible to look at, but they have a game plan. As do West Brom and Hull

Yeah they've got a game plan, and more fit players then us, but like someone just said its points that matter and both Stoke and West Brom are still below us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hallelujah brother!

Had a canny chat with an old time NUFC supporter of 55 years today (still going and says he'll keep going until he dies regardless of what league we are in) and he has instilled in me a bit of faith. He carries a NUFC handkerchief with him everywhere that his wife got him a few years back (box set thing), looks quite ragged but clean enough and he says that's his lucky charm and he says that's his way of keeping faith. Sadly his wife passed away last year :(

Put it all into perspective for me though and if an old man who really has seen some shit whose mourning the loss of his wife can still find some faith in the club even if its via a bit of rag that is more to do with his wife than football then the least I can do is find some myself so I have done a few things today like hanging up shirts and stuff in the office and wearing a little pin badge thing on my jacket as lucky charms.

I know its all daft and bollocks but outside of match day what else can I do to support the club in its time of need, to keep the faith?

I shall also be more positive on here with my postings, again call me daft but I'm a great believer in positive energy so I hope to bring some of my own into the forum if only for my own sanity.

Take it from me we are fucking staying up  :thup:

I respect people's optimism and of course there's still time, but I'm thick enough to watch around five premier league games every weekend and it's a motherfuckin fact that we play the worst football out of all clubs - and I'm including Stoke 'long throw' City in that.

We've had two decent games this season - Man Utd away and Villa home. That's it - two games out of twenty four. Add Kinnear's inadequacy, the lost points against relegation rivals, the injuries and the lack of reinforcements to that and you can see why it's extremely hard for me to be optimistic.

I don't doubt that there are worse squads out there, it's just that they compensate the lack of quality with passion and commitment on the field. At the same time we're having the patience of watching wasters like Damien Duff and Nicky Butt single-handedly costing us points every week, because they don't care about nothing else than the fat pay checks we're paying them. And I'm sure the worst is yet to come, because undoubtedly it would take ages for Kinnear to find out that Smith is useless, if he ever realizes it.

I just pray that Oba comes back healthy and is strong enough to carry us on his own like he did in the Roeder season. That's our only hope.

Agree with that.

Agree with that.

2 good games in villa and man united?? well no, what about portsmouth away for a start. id say those 3 were the only excellent perfomances and excellent results, but even so, how can anyone say that spurs and west brom werent decent games? they werent mind blowing but we won ffs. and also getting a point at stamford bridge. to say we play less attractive football than stoke is wrong as well, we are just on poor form

The only thing is, Blackburn and Spurs have a game in hand and Pompy 2.  Still.  I'm starting to think WBA, Boro and probably Stoke.

Huge defeat for WBA too.

Blackburn's game in hand is against Pompey I think though, so only one of them could potentially significally close the gap.

Big result today but the significance of it will be seriously diluted if we lose to Everton.

I've got a renewed sense of confidence though. We needed to prove that we could win a game, and needed to prove that we are better than what's below us. And in all fairness to us, we've got a severely depleted squad and we were away from home - and we won. So credit where it's due - we were poor but the lads deserve a slap on the back for that.