Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We're not the ones appointing Joe Kinnear and picking the team like...

A capable set of individuals would have played well amongst the crowd's ill-feeling/given the crowd something to feel positive about.

We're not the ones appointing Joe Kinnear and picking the team like...

A capable set of individuals would have played well amongst the crowd's ill-feeling/given the crowd something to feel positive about.

A capable set of indivuals would have the self belief that they wouldn't get into such a mess....which is what I believe has been our flaw - both on and off the pitch.

Ah yeah - fair enough, when you were referring to we/us/our - i thought you meant the fans.

I was referring to everyone involved with the club, but the players in particular. E.g. When we as fans lack enthusiasm and belief (who should probably have it more than anyone else due to our loyalty to the club, passion for our area, etc) and when our players beleive they are useless for whatever reason.

Just everyone. It's just the players are the only people who can massively make the difference, but as supporters we can do our bit too as (in) effective as we may be....

Look at Stoke -  their home form has driven them to safety because teams fear going there - the atmosphere seems great most the time...

Look at Stoke - their home form has driven them to safety because teams fear going there - the atmosphere seems great most the time...

Conversley, Fulham appear to have a very non-intimidatory atmosphere at Craven Cottage yet they have had a much better season.

What helps you attain anything close to success is having a good manager and its NUFC's lack of focus on this that has got us where we are.

Look at Stoke -  their home form has driven them to safety because teams fear going there - the atmosphere seems great most the time...

Conversley, Fulham appear to have a very non-intimidatory atmosphere at Craven Cottage yet they have had a much better season.

What helps you attain anything close to success is having a good manager and its NUFC's lack of focus on this that has got us where we are.

I agree to a certain extent, hwoever I am of the opinion that the lack of self belief on and off the pitch is contributing to our current plight equally as much if not more.

I agree to a certain extent, hwoever I am of the opinion that the lack of self belief on and off the pitch is contributing to our current plight equally as much if not more.

I agree with that too but the management team put in place by the heirachy has led to that lack of belief.

3 relegation spots, West Brom will take one for certain. The remaining two spots are going to go to either us, Boro, Blackburn, or Hull imo. And there's a 4 point gap between us and Blackburn/Hull.

Things look very bleak :(

If we can play Owen, Martins and Viduka up front from now till the end of the season, we have a good chance. If Martins or Viduka pick up an injury, then we're down.

gone froma 5 ot a 7. realistically though, were definately not a 9 or a 10 yet regarrdless of what anyone says

Seriously ?

2nd bottom, 4 points adrift, all bar Hull seemingly picking up points and only 6 victories all season  :kasper:

The optimism on here is astounding i mean its going to hurt like hell WHEN we go down because for me we are doomed theres not a cat in hells chance we will win 3 games out of 5 when

we have won 6 out of 33

we have won 1 in 17 yes thats nearly half a season and that was against west brom the only team below us

we havent kept a clean sheet in 16

we have won 4 times at home in 15 losing to the likes of Hull and Blackburn and failing to beat Wigan and Stoke

Face it lads even the most optimistic have to wake up smell the coffee its bye bye premier league for us after 16 seasons, the management of the club should hang there heads in shame for the monumental errors that have caused this because i dont think we will be back for a long time

Guest Mantis

The optimism on here is astounding i mean its going to hurt like hell WHEN we go down because for me we are doomed theres not a cat in hells chance we will win 3 games out of 5 when

we have won 6 out of 33

we have won 1 in 17 yes thats nearly half a season and that was against west brom the only team below us

we have won 4 times at home in 15 losing to the likes of Hull and Blackburn and failing to beat Wigan and Stoke

Face it lads even the most optimistic have to wake up smell the coffee its bye bye premier league for us after 16 seasons, the management of the club should hang there heads in shame for the monumental errors that have caused this because i dont think we will be back for a long time

:clap:

If we don't get relegated it will be a miracle and I will celebrate like we have done the treble!

"If we stay up, we're on the pitch! If we stay up, we're on the pitch!" ;)

Not that I have ever done it but the wonderful looking Newcastle <----> Plymouth journey could be back on next season

EDIT : Just to depress myself further, I have been looking at the league to see what potential games we have coming our way next season

Im curious, probably wrong side, but what happens if we get relegated to the prices of season tickets.  for those who have pre-paid?

Fuck all. There's more home games in the fizzy pop league.

I think it was jonnypd in the match thread who pointed out that we're essentially one shit back pass from relegation :( Winning 3 home games is imperative, we're getting close to needing to emulate what Fulham did last season.

gone froma 5 ot a 7. realistically though, were definately not a 9 or a 10 yet regarrdless of what anyone says

Seriously ?

2nd bottom, 4 points adrift, all bar Hull seemingly picking up points and only 6 victories all season  :kasper:

i know. ill be honest, its taken me a long long time to actually get round to believing we could actually go down, ive always dismissed it. ffs i thought we were going to finish 7th for most of the season! still, theres still hope for us. 3 winnable home games, where there should be an atmosphere. plus villa away- the last game of the season the form book always goes out the window- see fulham at portsmouth and west ham at old trafford. id actually look forward to a season in the championship if there was a guarantee that wed come straight back up afterwards

Guest michaelfoster

Looking at the fixtures to come, we currently have 30 points.

Club          Points i think they will pick up  (total points for season)

Sunderland - 4 points (39 total)

Hull - 1 point (35 total)

Blackburn 4 points (38 points)

Middlesbrough 0 points - plus anything they get from our game (31/32/34 total)

West Brom - 0 points (25 total)

So the table will look like this

Sunderland 39 points

Blackburn 38 points

Hull 35 points

Middlesbrough 31/32/34 points

West Brom 35 points

6 points should keep us up but id prefer 7 or 8 just to be sure.

we have won 6 out of 33

"Geordie" dean?

In my experience Geordies are the most optimistic people anyone could meet, and for you to give up on us at this stage is a disgrace!

We are still fighting and I and many others still believe we can get out of it. I'm sure Shearer believes, and if the vast majority of the St James' faithful believe I know we will do it!