Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

Appreciate the replies.

I am just so bloody confused. From the outside, it seems that PL have not given out anything to make the people in the deal feel very positive about the outcome.

At the end Amanda Staveley even commented that the PL made it very difficult (or words to that affect). That however contradicts what they were supposedly told earlier on on the quiet by the PL.

It feels like there's contradictions at every turn so who knows what the real truth is.

My faintest but best hope is that this is all some amazing plot to absolve the PL from any repercussions from the objectors, when it finally goes through.

It's a mess and fans probably have even less clarity now.

I’m fairly confident Edwards’ source is a PL one.

He was first to break the news about the impasse, has been incredibly negative all the way through about it and is now claiming the deal is still off and nothing has happened.

Tbf he could be right. PL clearly don't want this deal to happen, just now depends how badly PIF still want it to. At this stage it seems unclear whether this is still about them buying Newcastle, or whether it's Ashley looking for compensation. The only reason I can think PIF wouldn't have walked away is sheer pride. The Saudis won't like being told sorry, we don't want you here after all their investment in Britain, and it will be made even worse seeing what's gone on previously with Man City and Qatar. Just depends really if they are willing to make a fight of it or would rather just walk away.

They would get the £17m back now from what I understand.

you keep saying this without explaining the basis for it, this is where we started :lol:

Because the PL has rejected the deal. :lol:

just say it's total and utter guesswork man, and not "from what i understand" as if you have some info that supports your conclusion

From The Athletic: "The consortium has lost their deposit, believed to be around £17 million, which would have been refunded had the Premier League rejected the deal"

https://theathletic.co.uk/1963663/2020/07/30/newcastle-united-takeover-withdraw-staveley-ashley-pif-premier-league/

#LeaveNeesyAlone

Again, this is how I see it. It’s done for us. Ashley will try to get some money out of it. There was nothing to suggest anyone would be appealing the decision. I can’t see how people are still hopeful.

For whatever the reason, the premier league really didn’t want this to happen.

I don't understand how he could get money from it though - isn't it like suing someone with no money and they just have to pay you 15p a week?

As I implied in my post above, the PL is a body purported to raise and distribute funds for its members based on whatever money it has left once expenses are paid.

What would happen if we won in court is that the PL would legally have to send £X to us once received  from sponsors, tv companies etc. The Premier League clubs would then each receive less money and Ashley would get the whole lot

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the shite you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the shite you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

I was expecting that’s what we’d hear if we heard anything. I said on a few occasions there’s no way the PL would budge

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans who convinced themselves it was still happening :(

Guest reefatoon

I am feeling the opposite actually. Think it's just having a decision now instead of the hopeless limbo we were in.

Guest Cheesy Beans

See, another contradiction. I'm sure someone tweeted last night to say that Ashley gave notice to the consortium about the statement. FFS.

Depends who the source is - there’s a massive difference between the Club/consortium and PL/BEIN sides.

It’s going to get messy unless it’s resolved one way or another.

See, another contradiction. I'm sure someone tweeted last night to say that Ashley gave notice to the consortium about the statement. FFS.

Depends who the source is - there’s a massive difference between the Club/consortium and PL/BEIN sides.

It’s going to get messy unless it’s resolved one way or another.

Found the tweet. Haven't a clue who Four Name Frank is.

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the s**** you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

I was expecting that’s what we’d hear if we heard anything. I said on a few occasions there’s no way the PL would budge

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans who convinced themselves it was still happening :(

It sort of was though wasn’t it? Privately at least, the bid was re-submitted, pif was involved again.

Now unless they’re prepared to go to arbitration that would take an incredible amount of time (no information suggests this is likely) it’s flat dead on its arse. It’s absolutely gutting.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the s**** you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

It sort of was though wasn’t it? Privately at least, the bid was re-submitted, pif was involved again.

Now unless they’re prepared to go to arbitration that would take an incredible amount of time (no information suggests this is likely) it’s flat dead on its arse. It’s absolutely gutting.

They can appeal, which is heard as soon as possible.

They can appeal, which is heard as soon as possible.

There is nothing to suggest they’re going to though? Unless I’m missing something.