Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Man that video of Masters, he looks far less smug now doesn’t he.

I really thought this was dead as a dodo but I think some of us including me owe Manorpark an apology.

Sorry buddy, you were not wrong!

Well he was. He suggested on many occasions the ‘talking behind the scenes’ would lead to takeover being accepted......

.....PL rejected it

I hope in the long run he’s right and it gets overturned on appeal or something

Nah, no he didn't. He's been pretty clear he was waiting for exactly this kind of confirmation. He's taken some uneccassary patter.

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Yea I’m a bit baffled by this. That’s how I see it too.

You can't "sue" until the bid is first rejected.

You can't "appeal" until there is something to appeal against.

That is why everyone (well, some of us) are so positive now, even a little bit more positive than we always have been.

If you don't get accepted when it clearly (Chelsea/Man City-wise) should be, then a clear rejection is the next best thing.

That Club Statement by Ashley leaves absolutely NO room for doubt, none whatsoever.

He wouldn't have said any of that if he wasn't very, very certain of his ground, and by that I mean his 'legal' ground.

Off we go !!

Someone take the haribo off this guy. There’s positive and there’s you.

Fair play :lol:

Good Grief  :lol: :lol:

The pessimist in me thinks that the most likely outcome here will be a potential compo payout for Ashley, I'm feeling like taking this as closure on the PIF takeover...

... but... if... iF... Ashley pulled this off with PIF... I think I'd actually forgive him for the misery he's caused during his reign  :frantic:

Another plus in relation to this rejection is that PIF can appeal the whole decision to reject. If they’d accepted arbitration it would only have been on one aspect of the test.

My only concern is they initially said they’d only come back if green light assured. Caulkin clearly indicates they were expecting approval after new docs submitted and political manoeuvring. Will they now have the appetite to go again, as they’ve been rejected publicly.

Let’s hope it’s all part of plan to get the decision and now take them to cleaners.

I really thought this was dead as a dodo but I think some of us including me owe Manorpark an apology.

Thanks, much appreciated.

All I want, all I ever wanted, was for this great club of ours to get the chance it deserves.

The deal was obviously never dead, I just said that we should WAIT for the outcome.

We have it now, or at least the "beginning" of the outcome.

I certainly didn't expect it to break out quite so dramatically though, but "off we go" . . . 

Mr Punctual :lol: :lol:

I genuinely have never known anyone, in any industry, at any level, who is so demonstrably piss-poor at his job than Lee Ryder. I would put money on the fact he woke up 5 minutes before reading Twitter, having a sweaty panic and posting this.

Thanks, much appreciated.

All I want, all I ever wanted, was for this great club of ours to get the chance it deserves.

The deal was obviously never dead, I just said that we should WAIT for the outcome.

We have it now, or at least the "beginning" of the outcome.

I certainly didn't expect it to break out quite so dramatically though, but "off we go" . . .

It was obviously never dead to some of us, despite the abuse you took on here.

There’s a few more who also owe you an apology.

Well he was. He suggested on many occasions the ‘talking behind the scenes’ would lead to takeover being accepted......

.....PL rejected it

I hope in the long run he’s right and it gets overturned on appeal or something

NO, I said "many times" it wasn't dead and we should WAIT for the outcome !!!!

Really thought PIF had walked for good on this..

This is what might have happened, officially yes they did remove themselves in terms of discussions, meetings etc. Why waste time on what lawyers could do etc.

Then MBS meets with Boris, it’s brought up at some stage in informal discussions. Boris assures he’ll look into it.

The PL get a telling off. They stress that they can’t be seen to wave through the deal as it would upset too many sponsors. But they indicate if paperwork gets submitted in a certain way, they can reject the deal which would then leave it open to an appeal process or legal action which would make it seem like they tried to do the bidding of the powers that be.

Ashley’s lawyers make contact with the buyers who had to make a decision to come back to the table.. which they did and paperwork was submitted that would force the PL to reject the deal.

I would assume PIF have been given a timeline for this that is acceptable, otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed to it.

It’s the only thing that makes sense. The PL were more than happy to leave this in limbo.. something has happened over the last few days that’s forced their hand.

He looks an awful lot like Brett Kavanaugh during the rape hearings :lol:

Probably my favourite John Oliver bit

I’m certainly intrigued why they became confident deal would be approved. Is it because they believed PL genuinely had no grounds to reject, they had provided a name, or was it due to political pressure.

Some journalists seem to think PL will respond tomorrow, I’m not so sure though now that legal action looks a real possibility.

The following statement from NUST is pretty uninspiring, got to say been a bit disappointed since their initial call to arms. I’d like them to ask the PL a few follow up questions instead of this passive response, for starters how do you believe this decision is in the best interests of NUFC.

Good to get clarity from NUFC[/member] even if it’s not the news many wanted to hear - also positive that Mike Ashley is still very keen to sell the club

We need to hear more from him on what the plan is for #nufc for this season if he is unable to rescue this deal

Wow, what a blockbuster night.

So they've still been working on the deal, have been getting increasingly positive and Ashley's move is seemingly part of the strategy. And the government is supporting an approval?

Fuuuuuck. The Premier League will be shitting themselves.

I'm sure we'll coincidentally get some VAR decisions against us in the meantime :lol: :lol:

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on this but there's some intriguing wording in the club's statement:

"The club and its owners do not accept that Premier League chief executive Richard Masters and the Premier League have acted appropriately in relation to this matter and will be considering all relevant options available to them."

Not owner, "owners"?

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on this but, the club's statement:

"The club and its owners do not accept that Premier League chief executive Richard Masters and the Premier League have acted appropriately in relation to this matter and will be considering all relevant options available to them."

Not owner, "owners"?

Just a misspelling mate. Meant to say c**t

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on this but, the club's statement:

Not owner, "owners"?

Just a misspelling mate. Meant to say c**t

:lol:

The club and its owners do not accept that Premier League chief executive Richard Masters and the Premier League have acted appropriately in relation to this matter and will be considering all relevant options available to them.

The bit of this statement that I find interesting is the specific naming of Richard Masters.

A statement like this would normally be considered a shot-across-the-bow, as a precursor to potential litigation; a mechanism to let the opposing side know that you're sufficiently pissed off and believe that if they don't start acting reasonably you have a good basis for suing them.  With the PL rejecting the takeover, I am not surprised (to any extent) that a statement like this would be made by NUFC towards the PL.

But, naming Richard Masters directly is saying that NUFC believes that not only has the League not "acted appropriately", but that Richard Masters personally has also not "acted appropriately" - this could be interpreted as tantamount to an accusation of personal corruption by Richard Masters.  So, making this statement could be seen as not only a threat by Ashley and the buying consortium towards the PL, but them also threatening Richard Masters personally.

It will be interesting to see what sort of statement(s) come out of the PL over the next few days.  I fully expect that PL will make a statement, saying (along the lines of) "the League acted, at all times, within the constraints of the O&D test and did so following all correct procedures.  If NUFC disagrees with the decision then they may use the appeals process."  What I am really interested in seeing is if we see a statement from Masters (or on Masters' behalf) rejecting any suggestion that he has, personally, acted inappropriately.

He tends to be quiet and stay out the limelight in all of his business dealings, so it’s pretty significant that he’s come out with this statement - as direct and targeted as it is.

He clearly needs the cash pretty quickly.

He tends to be quiet and stay out the limelight in all of his business dealings, so it’s pretty significant that he’s come out with this statement - as direct and targeted as it is.

He clearly needs the cash pretty quickly.

Yep, you know he was actually serious this time.

With the previous faux takeovers he always either had unnamed sources feed lines bashing the proposed buyers to his media gimps or he would make vague, passive aggressive statements during his yearly Sky News/Dailymail infomercials.

Now he's parking his tanks on the Premier Leagues lawn and getting ready to power chuck in Richards fireplace.