Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Why are hopes up again? Can't be arsed to read 20+ unread pages as I've thought it was all over.

Becoming increasingly likely that the 'withdrawal' is a tactic, designed to invoke pressure and scrutiny on the PL, hopefully to pressurise them into a decision.

Meanwhile Rocker's latest ITK suggests Staveley and PL are as talkative right now as they ever have been.

:thup: Cheers. Thought the idea of the withdrawal being a tactic was thrown out fairly soon after the statement that they were withdrawing was made? Chuffed if otherwise.

Can we trust Rocker?

Well you can 100% trust that I'm not lying or posting shit on here for a buzz or whatever. I love this club and I've met a hell of lot of you guys in the 'real world'.

I've never been or claimed to be 'ITK', however in the last ten days or so (rather fortuitously, I might add), stumbled upon a connection between a colleague of my partners and George Caulkin. I've asked questions and I've got polite responses so far. Like I said earlier, my questions are being filtered through non-football fans who haven't been keeping up with the in's and outs of the takeover, so it's quite frustrating.

Anyway, in summary, I wouldn't bullshit any of you. No reason to. Too old. I've got a life.  :lol:

Im unconvinced about this new positivity and I'm  not getting my hopes up

Do we really think PIF are going to be potentially embarrassed again

Do we really think Mike isn't just negotiating with someone else now (I don't trust that 'this' deal comment from Charnley, I think it was poorly phrased)

I dont think our government want anything to do with this tbh

I dont think our fanbase has got the stomach for a long fight!

Can we trust Rocker?

I think anyone on here who has met Rocker will tell you the same thing. Like a rock and roll Ned Flanders, he's as honest as the day is long.

Rock and roll Ned Flanders 😂

Last time I saw Rocker[/member] was in some pub whose name escapes me on the Haymarket after a Lockwood Cup asking the lad behind the bar if he'd seen anyone with any drugs and if he did would he let him know. I trust him 100%.

Last time I saw Rocker[/member] was in some pub whose name escapes me on the Haymarket after a Lockwood Cup asking the lad behind the bar if he'd seen anyone with any drugs and if he did would he let him know. I trust him 100%.

I can't remember this very well, but I imagine it was a poor attempt at joke?  :lol:

What was the context?  ???

I can't actually remember why you asked it, I just went up to the bar with you and you just asked the barman about drugs. :lol:

I can't remember this very well, but I imagine it was a poor attempt at joke?  :lol:

I can't actually remember why you asked it, I just went up to the bar with you and you just asked the barman about drugs. :lol:

Fuck knows what I was going about, I didn't even try weed until I was 33  :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad I gave a good impression  :lol:

For those who wish to sign the Wigan petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

Signed :thup:

Have to say, for fear of being all Penn-like, I think you're all losing the plot if you think there's any mileage in this being resurrected :lol:

I've just gone into full on cynic mode and I just cannot see, with the backing of Qatar and the major PL clubs, how the PL won't get away with just burying their head in the sand. For the life of me, I just cannot see who can force them to do anything.

(there's definitely some self preservation going on by forcing myself to believe this)

:lol: Was hilarious man. Great afternoon that.

Have to say, for fear of being all Penn-like, I think you're all losing the plot if you think there's any mileage in this being resurrected :lol:

I've just gone into full on cynic mode and I just cannot see, with the backing of Qatar and the major PL clubs, how the PL won't get away with just burying their head in the sand. For the life of me, I just cannot see who can force them to do anything.

(there's definitely some self preservation going on by forcing myself to believe this)

Maybe it won’t but at least I can look myself in the mirror and say at least i tried to do something, at least I got involved.

Maybe it won’t but at least I can look myself in the mirror and say at least i tried to do something, at least I got involved.

Aye, that's absolutely fair comment. Good way to deal with it all.

Despite my cynicism, I have joined the NUST and will see what I can do too.

That’s all we can do bud. 👍

That’s all we can do bud. 👍

Absolutely :thup:

(for clarity, my cynicism is towards us getting a positive end to this saga, not towards the NUST :lol:)

Was the Crows Nest. Used to be Bar Oz. Brownie points for those who remember it’s name before that :lol:

f*** knows what I was going about, I didn't even try weed until I was 33  :lol:

Was the Crows Nest. Used to be Bar Oz. Brownie points for those who remember it’s name before that :lol:

Inventions

Some actor from Vikings who is a toon fan has signed it and shared it. Getting the celebs in now. Just need Ant and Dec to sign and share it.

Nee chance. They only get involved when it looks good for them. They're not going to protest corporate corruption when they make millions from Santander.