Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Look at that reporter being all edgy, what a hoot. Hope someone batters the fucking living daylights out of him the wretched cunt.

there is video of him talking on there too. Looks a massive fiddler.

absolutely unnecessary.

the guardian transfer rumour column makes a couple of snidey, low-hanging fruit jokes like they've been doing for as long as i remember. this is not, no matter what that silly bugger wraith says, disgraceful. when did our fans become such a shower of tarts?

Absolutely unnecessary

I think the chances of a nicey-nice owner is even less likely in the current climate. I don’t see a buyer from Ashley unless it’s of the Saudi type.

Don't have to be "nicey-nice". I'd settle for private individual that doesn't bomb people or chop up journalists

I think the chances of a nicey-nice owner is even less likely in the current climate. I don’t see a buyer from Ashley unless it’s of the Saudi type.

Don't have to be "nicey-nice". I'd settle for private individual that doesn't bomb people or chop up journalists

We’ve got one of those.

Guest reefatoon

Didn’t realise Al-Rumayyan, Staveley or The Reubens had. Should be fine then.

The chairman of PIF is MBS but of course you know this already

Guest reefatoon

The chairman of PIF is MBS but of course you know this already

I know bud, I was just being an arse.

the chairman of a sovereign wealth fund who likely makes the total of 0 decisions overall but sounds good, I'm glad you know how they operate.

You're the one who seems to know how they operate, assuming that their chairman has no input whatsoever for some reason

Having said all I've said, the Premier League's complete lack of communication since the Saudis "pulled out" is obviously a complete joke mind and I don't understand why they have chosen to remain completely silent

Guest neesy111

Having said all I've said, the Premier League's complete lack of communication since the Saudis "pulled out" is obviously a complete joke mind and I don't understand why they have chosen to remain completely silent

Yeap, the only valid reason is for legal reasons.  They seem to be a bit of a incompetent organisation tbh.

Guest neesy111

They are a members club for some rich companies, driven by a handful. Wouldn’t be surprised if their structure is more like that than a billion pound business.

Yeap, I think it was with scudamore in charge.  Wasn't masters like the 3rd appointment since he left as well, seems a poisoned chalace.

Yeap, the only valid reason is for legal reasons.  They seem to be a bit of a incompetent organisation tbh.

Aye but even saying that would be so much better than doing nothing and just ignoring it. Just something like "We understand the annoyance of Newcastle. Unfortunately for legal reasons we cannot discuss the case at the moment. We apologise for the inconvenience"

I think the more MP’s outside the region the better, can only spread more awareness. Does anyone live in that SNP cnuts John Nicholson’s constituency, I’d love to see his reply to that letter.

Hello, that'll be me

Guest reefatoon

Exactly right. No matter which side of the fence people sit on, for the Premier League to not give any verdict for or against is ridiculous and their silence since is crazy.

I think the more MP’s outside the region the better, can only spread more awareness. Does anyone live in that SNP cnuts John Nicholson’s constituency, I’d love to see his reply to that letter.

Hello, that'll be me

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the mean time some of your constituents are having having a tough time this evening. How about some support for them.<a href="https://t.co/l813ojMHZH">https://t.co/l813ojMHZH</a></p>— Chris J Read (@cristovread) <a href="

4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I used the NUST link to write to him earlier but not had anything in return yet.

Well yeah, I don’t give a flying fuck what other fans think; was just pointing it out - should have added that they are looking at this from their own best interests. Thing is, unless they’re a fan of the Big 6 they can’t see that this is in their best future interest for this to be investigated. I’ve read some comments from Man U fans saying that the Saudis used this as a dry run for taking them over.

If they did, I can guarantee you the same Man U fans criticising this takeover would be waving Saudi flags and banners before you could say double standards.

Would almost be worth seeing just to see if the PL managed to take 17 weeks of dithering or would they race it through for the good of the British economy?

They are consistent like, in every article :

The Premier League has declined to comment.