Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

while I'm not in the slightest bit surprised they haven't commented officially I am surprised theres not been some story in one of the newspapers starting with "an unnamed premier league source" or some such hasn't appeared yet to give out their version of events

Having said all I've said, the Premier League's complete lack of communication since the Saudis "pulled out" is obviously a complete joke mind and I don't understand why they have chosen to remain completely silent

Yeap, the only valid reason is for legal reasons.  They seem to be a bit of a incompetent organisation tbh.

Aye but even saying that would be so much better than doing nothing and just ignoring it. Just something like "We understand the annoyance of Newcastle. Unfortunately for legal reasons we cannot discuss the case at the moment. We apologise for the inconvenience"

Exactly, it just shows a total lack of respect, which is the most frustrating thing of all IMO.

Got an email back from Catherine Mckinnell :

Thank you for your e-mail concerning the failure of the proposed takeover of Newcastle United Football Club.

I know many Newcastle supporters are bitterly disappointed at the collapse of this takeover bid. I know how strongly people feel about the Club and the City missing out on this significant investment.

At the time of writing the Premier League is yet to comment on this matter publicly. They owe it to the Club’s supporters in Newcastle and across the country to answer the questions many people are raising, which include addressing the key sticking points on the owners’ and directors’ test, the possible involvement of other Premier League clubs and why the Premier League delayed their decision for so long that the consortium lost patience and withdrew.

I have therefore written to the head of the Premier League, Richard Masters, to ask him to provide the answers fans deserve in the interests of transparency. I have attached a copy of the letter for your attention and I will let you know when I receive a reply. 

Yours sincerely

Catherine

Catherine McKinnell MP

Member of Parliament for Newcastle upon Tyne North

This is great to see,  we are doing all we can , fuck the doubters and I've no idea if it can get answers but at last we are putting up a fight  and not let them walk all over us.

We are being treated like shit

Having said all I've said, the Premier League's complete lack of communication since the Saudis "pulled out" is obviously a complete joke mind and I don't understand why they have chosen to remain completely silent

Because he probably has no valid reason for it to take so long.

Being lectured on another forum (by fans of other clubs) about many of wor lot wanting the Saudis to takeover - how we should all be up in arms against it and pretesting, etc.

I know the Saudis are a despotic regime, but as football fans - what can we do? We have no say in who owns NUFC - we are the last to be considered.

They are consistent like, in every article :

The Premier League has declined to comment.

The only person I've seen ask is that Tyler.

Has anyone started a proper petition as in the .gov.uk website?  They can just ignore this entirely if they choose to but if someone does one now it won't get the same response.

https://www.parliament.uk/documents/speaker/digital-democracy/Digi067Change.pdf

It has been tried and rejected on the grounds that it's not within the government's remit to intervene in the O&D test.

Summat's not right with this fella like. Saw someone say that weird Kate Stewart account has stopped since he showed up anarl?

Hilarious.

I see Wraith's reputation has been pretty much reformed as a result of this farce in the eyes of many.  You're all being played in ways you'd struggle to comprehend.

Summat's not right with this fella like. Saw someone say that weird Kate Stewart account has stopped since he showed up anarl?

Hilarious.

I see Wraith's reputation has been pretty much reformed as a result of this farce in the eyes of many.  You're all being played in ways you'd struggle to comprehend.

Try me, always happy to have my mind expanded.

And I can't stand Steve wraith as a sidenote.