Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

That letter hasn’t mentioned it being Staveleys fault though.

Think the hate is now more because Staveley has asked fans to protest, but I'm not sure our protests were ever going to sort the problems they've hit.

Sean's been right from day one though. People just don't like hearing it.

Remind me of his day one post please , this Internet where I am is slow as fuck

I do find it slightly strange Caulkin is now saying theres no delay, after saying more than 2 weeks ago a decision was imminent, then saying this week was going to be a big week. I'm not fully trusting of his sources (Staveley). At best she's guessed/assumed wrong on a number of occasions. Hopefully that's all it is. It just doesn't inspire confidence.

That's from May.

So much for Chopra’s patter, he can f*** off from now , stupid c***.

honest question, why the hell would anyone think Chopra had inside info on anything?

He’s an ex footballer of the club, a bit more connected than most on here, he’s either gone fucking mad or is a childish attention seeker.Guess you would think he may have some info ffs.

Opened my eyes to the complete bullshitting cunts around . O0

The offer clearly was genuine and literally failed due to premier league approval.

I’m not sure what people’s beef with Staveley could be over this mind. I could understand if it was fake bids and such again but this was literally ready to go

The offer clearly was genuine and literally failed due to premier league approval.

I’m not sure what people’s beef with Staveley could be over this mind. I could understand if it was fake bids and such again but this was literally ready to go

Her request for fans to now do their part. That's all. There's nothing we can do.

Sean's been right from day one though. People just don't like hearing it.

Remind me of his day one post please , this Internet where I am is slow as f***

I do find it slightly strange Caulkin is now saying theres no delay, after saying more than 2 weeks ago a decision was imminent, then saying this week was going to be a big week. I'm not fully trusting of his sources (Staveley). At best she's guessed/assumed wrong on a number of occasions. Hopefully that's all it is. It just doesn't inspire confidence.

That's from May.

Fair enough, cheers.

Also, I’m petition the forum to temporary ban anyone who claims to have “sources”, “getting updates”, “hearing positive noises”, “knows someone who has a contact close to the deal” or any other absolute bollocky nonsense like that ever again.

Aye pretty much. Can’t be arsed arguing with people tho. It’s not the time for it. Feelings are raw which makes the ‘told you so’ lot even more annoying

Guest neesy111

That letter hasn’t mentioned it being Staveleys fault though.

Think the hate is now more because Staveley has asked fans to protest, but I'm not sure our protests were ever going to sort the problems they've hit.

My issue with stavley is that they were quite arrogant in saying they've provided everything to the PL to get the deal approved, that's only 1 side of the story.

Her request for fans to now do their part. That's all. There's nothing we can do.

Yeah, that bit is puzzling indeed. I can only Guess she hoped it might pressure the premier league into a u-turn. Interesting precedent they have set with this though.

Wow those months where it felt imminent and filled with hope seem a long way off now don’t they. Fuck.

Got us through the lockdown nicely though, tbh

In fairness, it did. Those first few weeks of working at home flew by, waiting for friday-friday hopeful of announcements.

Before we knew it, it was July!

Caulkin has led NUFC on a merry dance and the only logical solution now is to boycott The Athletic and reply to everyone of his tweets with the word CORRUPT in big red letters.

You what?

Look who posted it. Remember that everything they post is for laughs.

Wow those months where it felt imminent and filled with hope seem a long way off now don’t they. Fuck.

Got us through the lockdown nicely though, tbh

The only positive!

Everything in Masters' letter refers to the deal as it was initially presented to the Premier League. It's only dead if the speculation about a revised deal is completely false.

Stop it :lol:

What is in that letter that suggests it is 100% categorically dead, in contradiction to Staveley kicking the fans into gear and stuff like Mehrdad's tweet?

Masters is answering those specific questions about that specific point in time, for sure. It doesn’t have anything encouraging in it, but it doesn’t necessarily mean things haven’t happened since then.

Obviously I’m assuming it’s off, but I always was. Be pleasantly surprised if anything happens now.

Masters is answering those specific questions about that specific point in time, for sure. It doesn’t have anything encouraging in it, but it doesn’t necessarily mean things haven’t happened since then.

Obviously I’m assuming it’s off, but I always was. Be pleasantly surprised if anything happens now.

Must have been a quick convo, the letter was dated today.