Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's clear that the consortium made this deal very difficult to wave through at almost every turn like. Feel like if we weren't dealing with a potential bottomless pit of money, and for instance, the deal had been led by Peter Kenyon or someone of that ilk, people would be lambasting their role in the way this has played out.

PIF aren't going to compromise on the principal matter raised in that letter, hence the rejection of an independent arbitration and eventual withdrawal

It's over

This is where I’ve landed after that letter. The PL have made it difficult for it to happen and for whatever reason PIF have decided it isn’t worth it or aren’t conceding ground. Who’s more to blame out of the two is anyone’s guess.

I was so close to being back in on this deal today assuming something positive might be taking place behind the scenes but that’s put a full stop on the end of it for me.

Before we all shoot ourselves, I think it’s important to remember that “this time” is very different from all the preceding fakeovers.

Ashley has proved himself to be a willing seller for the first time - and all indications are that he’s cash desperate. That might be the only positive to take from the whole experience.

Maybe Staveley will put together another consortium - she has revealed herself to be a desperate purchaser. Here’s hoping she can find someone with deep pockets that isn’t already on the PL’s shit list.

Guest neesy111

It's clear that the consortium made this deal very difficult to wave through at almost every turn like. Feel like if we weren't dealing with a potential bottomless pit of money, and for instance, the deal had been led by Peter Kenyon or someone of that ilk, people would be lambasting their role in the way this has played out.

Yeap

Before we all shoot ourselves, I think it’s important to remember that “this time” is very different from all the preceding fakeovers.

Ashley has proved himself to be a willing seller for the first time - and all indications are that he’s cash desperate. That might be the only positive to take from the whole experience.

Maybe Staveley will put together another consortium - she has revealed herself to be a desperate purchaser. Here’s hoping she can find someone with deep pockets that isn’t already on the PL’s shit list.

By all accounts it’s taken her over a year to get this deal in place. I’m not gonna be holding my breath and certainly not willing to put up with Ashley for another year. I’m pretty much done and out

I await all the morally rich billionaires that we keep getting told we could have instead of PIF, to swoop in now and buy us.

But of course this won't happen, because they don't exist.

Makes you wonder why it's taken them two weeks to reply to Chi though.

Have they just done that because of all the hassle on twitter etc this week? Would they have just continued to ignore her if it didn't happen?

Maybe waiting for written withdrawal confirmation?

Current economic climate I can't think of a single reason anyone would actually buy a football club, other than the reason PIF wanted to.

10 more years of Ashley unless he puts the club into administration (somehow).

Sadly, i'd be amazed if Ashley can find someone who is prepared the pay the kind of money that he wants for the club in it's current condition.

Future is quite bleak.

How I'm feeling at this point. Shit show all round.

I really hope Staveley ends up finding someone to buy the club, if only to piss Sean off.  :p

He’s just a troll. Contributes nothing positively on here. Just ignore him

Since when does being positive become the de facto barometer for making a contribution?  :lol:

He's far more conductive to the discussion on here than delusional posters who deliberately ignore / misinterpret the events unfolding before them.

Yeap

I'd reassess your views from earlier this year that Staveley is untrustworthy - I think you were correct back then.

Guest neesy111

Sean's been right from day one though. People just don't like hearing it.

Yeap, this takeover has shown to myself how many idiots are on this place.

Sean's been right from day one though. People just don't like hearing it.

Remind me of his day one post please , this Internet where I am is slow as fuck

Figure of speech.

"Sean has had reservations about Staveley since Caulkin first started reporting his contact with her". Is that better?

I really hope Staveley ends up finding someone to buy the club, if only to piss Sean off.  :p

He’s just a troll. Contributes nothing positively on here. Just ignore him

Since when does being positive become the de facto barometer for making a contribution?  :lol:

He's far more conductive to the discussion on here than delusional posters who deliberately ignore / misinterpret the events unfolding before them.

Didn’t mean positive in terms of takeover. I meant all he does is troll and wind people up.

Couple of comments on Independent arbitration on Twitter..

PIF statement mentioned time taking to sort this also a factor in the withdrawal, so if they were expected to go to arbitration that could take another 6-18 months before they got any sort of answer? It it surprising they rejected that avenue?