Copa America

Wullie

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Uruguay are dirty cunts. Seems like they're man marking Bruno 

Guessing they’re probably angelic in comparison to how they used to be, but 41 fouls is some going mind! Always been the Millwall of South American football. 

31 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Brazil seems to be royaled fucked for a loooooong time to come now.

We see nothing good now, and nothing good on the horizon.

A good coach gets that squad playing far better. 

4 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

A good coach gets that squad playing far better. 

Arise Gareth Southgate

48 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Brazil seems to be royaled fucked for a loooooong time to come now.

We see nothing good now, and nothing good on the horizon.

The hell is happening? Are kids getting out of the bad neighborhoods via education or something horrible like that? Is there another sport?

Brazil seems a classic case you see with England, France, Portugal etc where there’s talent and not much in the form of proper management and tactics to get the best out of the players. Rarely looks like the players give a shit either with their domestic wage playing football taking center stage. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mike said:

The hell is happening? Are kids getting out of the bad neighborhoods via education or something horrible like that? Is there another sport?

I am not Brazillian but I do have lots of Brazillian friends.

My perception is that they are just too arrogant to recognize how behind they have fallen.

They see themselves as the 5 time world champions that take lessons from no one.

This includes club football. Just see the level of delusion their journalists had before Flu played City.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

3 hours ago, CPL said:

Arise Gareth Southgate

I’ve heard he’s learning Portuguese. 

(… pssst I haven’t but some people are craving rumours and I’m a helpful sort). 

Boils my brain that the backup RB at Forest starts for Argentina. When you look at their XI it’s truly dogshit in truth just has that winning know how and absolute ability to shut a game off if needed.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Boils my brain that the backup RB at Forest starts for Argentina. When you look at their XI it’s truly dogshit in truth just has that winning know how and absolute ability to shut a game off if needed.

An Argentina/Uruguay final could be one of the worst games ever but still be great fun.

4 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

An Argentina/Uruguay final could be one of the worst games ever but still be great fun.

Another 1am job over here n all. Games like that I can’t find bad as there’s too much riding on it so it’ll be decent regardless IMO and it’ll be intense as you like plus there’s the whole Bielsa redemption arc but aye it will be one for the purist in terms of watching you’d imagine.

Heat and pitches don’t look like they are helping on that front either. If nowt else the latter will be hopefully be sorted for the WC. 

20 minutes ago, Disco said:

Another 1am job over here n all. Games like that I can’t find bad as there’s too much riding on it so it’ll be decent regardless IMO and it’ll be intense as you like plus there’s the whole Bielsa redemption arc but aye it will be one for the purist in terms of watching you’d imagine.

Heat and pitches don’t look like they are helping on that front either. If nowt else the latter will be hopefully be sorted for the WC. 

Bielsa will press them into oblivion and if they can sneak a goal or two in that it’ll be dead over for Argentina. The thing with Uruguay this tourney is that not a single opponent has been able to deal with their energy. 

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

I'm sure they won't be sorted but I respect the hope :lol:

The world cup would be genuinely awesome if only played in mls stadiums and it minimized the bull shit corporate and media access. Never happening of course. 

ie: Orlando’s staidum being a genuine lions den for us at home but constantly overlooked for no good reason. 

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The world cup would be genuinely awesome if only played in mls stadiums and it minimized the bull shit corporate and media access. Never happening of course. 

ie: Orlando’s staidum being a genuine lions den for us at home but constantly overlooked for no good reason. 

See I’m thinking the opposite: play ‘em in NCAA stadiums in college towns across the country. World Cup games being played in State College, South Bend, and College Station would be insane. They could easily fill those monsters, too.

Final, like ‘94, at the Rose Bowl.