PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, rutland said:

She was in love with Liverpool before Newcastle. lol.

Wonder if they will find another club to love soon?

I once stuck a bid in for a Kawasaki Ninja on eBay, didn’t get it mind. Was I in love with it?

15 minutes ago, rutland said:

She was in love with Liverpool before Newcastle. lol.

Wonder if they will find another club to love soon?

She probably thought of herself as a Liverpool ‘fan’ until she came to SJP and found true love. Yes she’s a businesswoman but it’s obvious she was totally smitten with the club and is now a fan for life.

I get why she has to sell up, but why can't she stay as a director? 

Directors don't need any equity. Her selling up shouldn't matter IF all parties want her to continue as a director.

If she severs ties completely, that's a choice all parties have made. Be interesting to see what happens.

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I get why she has to sell up, but why can't she stay as a director? 

Directors don't need any equity. Her selling up shouldn't matter IF all parties want her to continue as a director.

If she severs ties completely, that's a choice all parties have made. Be interesting to see what happens.

We have the team in place which makes her role pretty much redundant now.

You could argue that she should oversea the women’s side of things, but even that will be highly stays based now, with their infrastructure etc all being included in the plans we have elsewhere in the club.

Get a feeling she was definitely pushed out which is a real shame as she was a good representation of the club in the media. Wonder if PIF were annoyed/unimpressed by the way the club ended up panic selling a couple of players on June 30th that felt poor and a bit amateurish imo

13 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Get a feeling she was definitely pushed out which is a real shame as she was a good representation of the club in the media. Wonder if PIF were annoyed/unimpressed by the way the club ended up panic selling a couple of players on June 30th that felt poor and a bit amateurish imo

Or it’s just the next chapter - you don’t get to be as rich or as successful as the pif by not being ruthless. It’s harsh but that’s business.

50 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We have the team in place which makes her role pretty much redundant now.

Much of her role was really as the spokesperson for the club, liaison between PIF and the fans. A softer public face than an authoritarian foreign regime. 

That's what we'll miss. Who does that now?

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Much of her role was really as the spokesperson for the club, liaison between PIF and the fans. A softer public face than an authoritarian foreign regime. 

That's what we'll miss. Who does that now?

Darren Eales, I would have thought?

Just now, Chris_R said:

Fair enough if he does, that could work. Don't think I've heard anything at all from him yet though.

I think he has actually been doing that more than Staveley has since he was appointed, and he comes across as being engaging and down to earth when he has.

23 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Or it’s just the next chapter - you don’t get to be as rich or as successful as the pif by not being ruthless. It’s harsh but that’s business.

They have oil in their ground, what does ruthlessness have to do with that?

9 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think he has actually been doing that more than Staveley has since he was appointed, and he comes across as being engaging and down to earth when he has.

Fair enough then, must've just missed it. 

RE Darren Eales taking over the spokesman role. I don’t mind him but I dunno, I can’t escape the thought that he’s just a bit oiley and a bit of a sycophant. I think he’s more than capable of saying one thing to the fans in regards to resale tickets, which has been an issue, then doing the exact opposite. 

Hope I’m wrong. Staveley came across as pretty genuine is what I’m trying to say and I’ll miss that. 

9 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

RE Darren Eales taking over the spokesman role. I don’t mind him but I dunno, I can’t escape the thought that he’s just a bit oiley and a bit of a sycophant. I think he’s more than capable of saying one thing to the fans in regards to resale tickets, which has been an issue, then doing the exact opposite. 

Hope I’m wrong. Staveley came across as pretty genuine is what I’m trying to say and I’ll miss that. 

With no provenance whatsoever!:mike: 

8 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

I don't think any of them are truly genuine tbh, I'm very grateful to her for getting rid of Ashley but all this she fell in love with the club stuff is naive, she was attracted to an asset that she saw was massively undervalued and had more potential to grow than other assets. She is a ruthless businesswomen with very right-wing views, judging by people she is aligned with, who is willing to work with human rights abusing regimes if there is money in it for her.

Edited by Jackie Broon