PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I want them to exploit everything then can to anger the likes of Levy as much as possible tbh but I'm spiteful like that.

What’s spite got to do with it? Levy is actively blocking us every way he can. Spurs is his biggest life’s work and he’s doing everything he can to ensure Spurs remain at the top table - he’ll not lose a blink of sleep if that means stopping us.  He’ll actually sleep better. He’s definitely thought of us as the last thing before he sleeps at night. Or one of them at least. 

This is the game PIF are in. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What’s spite got to do with it? Levy is actively blocking us every way he can. Spurs is his biggest life’s work and he’s doing everything he can to ensure Spurs remain at the top table - he’ll not lose a blink of sleep if that means stopping us.  He’ll actually sleep better. He’s definitely thought of us as the last thing before he sleeps at night. Or one of them at least. 

This is the game PIF are in. 

The spite is mine as I'd prefer we built naturally but appreciate that's romanticism especially in this age.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t believe there’s a ‘natural’ way to catch the Cartel clubs. That’s the point of the cartel.  

We are going to build a stadium and spend the max we can anyway. That’s not natural.  

There is but its a long process of good commercial deals and investing heavily in a world class academy so we can sell and beat PSR. We also have to spend the money we do have well so we can keep finishing in European spots.

My only concern is we may have another season where the best we can achieve is Conference League which won't be good enough really so we're in danger of standing still while clubs like Villa have caught up with us and continue to kick on, Chelsea also look like they're sorting themselves out. I don't think the top 6 cartel is a closed shop even now because Man Utd and Spurs are about our level on the field, there's question marks over Chelsea still, especially if they lose Palmer to injury, and Arsenal and Liverpool have shown in the past that they can fall down the table. Its only Man City who are locked into the title race and top four for the foreseeable future. 

40 minutes ago, Decky said:

There is but its a long process of good commercial deals and investing heavily in a world class academy so we can sell and beat PSR. We also have to spend the money we do have well so we can keep finishing in European spots.

My only concern is we may have another season where the best we can achieve is Conference League which won't be good enough really so we're in danger of standing still while clubs like Villa have caught up with us and continue to kick on, Chelsea also look like they're sorting themselves out. I don't think the top 6 cartel is a closed shop even now because Man Utd and Spurs are about our level on the field, there's question marks over Chelsea still, especially if they lose Palmer to injury, and Arsenal and Liverpool have shown in the past that they can fall down the table. Its only Man City who are locked into the title race and top four for the foreseeable future. 

Investing heavily in the academy isn’t natural. We’ve not had a top academy since 19**. It’s only possible if we dope it with the best facilities, coaches and players from the country.  

Newcastle United are not going to close a £200m revenue gap to SPURS naturally. Spurs have compounded success, in a wealthier part of the UK and created rules to prevent easy financial doping. Let alone Arsenal and the ilk. Almost £400m revenue gap to Man City. How do we catch them naturally in 20 years? When they continue to exploit financial loopholes like multi club ownership. 

We do not become #1 in every department ‘naturally’.  It will come at the force of PIF money, power and determination.  Smell the coffee boys and girls. 

Investing in youth and selling them on for profit is as natural as it gets, clubs have been doing it for years. Ours being neglected by Ashley for 14 years is unnatural because what maniac would self harm their football club like that?

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

Investing in youth and selling them on for profit is as natural as it gets, clubs have been doing it for years. Ours being neglected by Ashley for 14 years is unnatural because what maniac would self harm their football club like that?

There isn’t the talent in the NE to do that ‘naturally’ to the level we need it. London is a top 3 youth footballing city in Europe, how do we compete with that naturally? City and Chelsea are getting the best kids from around the world. How do we compete with that ‘naturally’?

Billion pound business talking about becoming #1 naturally is naive. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There isn’t the talent in the NE to do that ‘naturally’ to the level we need it. London is a top 3 youth footballing city in Europe, how do we compete with that naturally? City and Chelsea are getting the best kids from around the world. How do we compete with that ‘naturally’?

There absolutely is talent in the North East, we just don’t have many academies to facilitate everyone.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Our biggest issue is probably being the catchment area for u13 and under being mostly in the North Sea 

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

There absolutely is talent in the North East, we just don’t have many academies to facilitate everyone.

Absolutely there is, it's just a case of actually finding it. It's not like there's a shortage of teams for kids...from where I live there's 7 clubs within a 10 minute drive, but the facilities comprise of a pitch and a few cones so no wonder most from out before being picked up by a pro club

To become #1 in Europe is what we are talking about btw. Let alone catching and surpassing Spurs.  We’ll need to get the best youth in the country and abroad. That’s not natural.  Sure we need the best kids from the NE but we’ll need to take the best from London and further afield like City do. 

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t believe there’s a ‘natural’ way to catch the Cartel clubs. That’s the point of the cartel.  

We are going to build a stadium and spend the max we can anyway. That’s not natural.  

So did Spurs, Arsenal, City and Chelsea, Liverpool extended their ground. That wasn't natural either according to your 'philosophy'.

48 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So did Spurs, Arsenal, City and Chelsea, Liverpool extended their ground. That wasn't natural either according to your 'philosophy'.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here??

How can we grow to be as big as Man U organically? Man U won the PL era. 

We are going to grow organically and beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the CL semifinals? 

We don’t have the brand. We don’t have the location.  And we won’t have the revenues ‘naturally’. 

8th is about our natural level. We’ll need unfair advantages elsewhere to close the gap.  Building a £4bn stadium and continuing to invest as much as possible into the squad is one of them. Creating a top 5 academy in England within a decade is another despite not having a top 3 catchment area (London is like 4 different areas, midlands, Greater Manchester have more kids). 

38 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying here??

How can we grow to be as big as Man U organically? Man U won the PL era. 

We are going to grow organically and beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the CL semifinals? 

We don’t have the brand. We don’t have the location.  And we won’t have the revenues ‘naturally’. 

8th is about our natural level. We’ll need unfair advantages elsewhere to close the gap.  Building a £4bn stadium and continuing to invest as much as possible into the squad is one of them. Creating a top 5 academy in England within a decade is another despite not having a top 3 catchment area (London is like 4 different areas, midlands, Greater Manchester have more kids). 

Nobody says we were growing organically to match Man United, I was just pointing out the crap that other clubs have also had to build/extend stadiums to grow, which isn't organically either. Everyone realises it needed owners with mega money to allow us to challenge. As I have said many times I will await the official announcements coming with regards to the training ground, stadium and sponsorship. That is when we will know for certain what is really happening and the aspirations of our owners. 

Edited by et tu brute

19 hours ago, macphisto said:

I think he's talking about our opponents, people like Levy, being very proactive in preventing us from growing; in contrast to PIF's slow - slow approach. 

Again, Levy knows as a member of the cartel group, he has the full backing of the PL authorities, whereas PIF don't. He doesn't need to be wary of any backlash with the threat of the hammer coming down.

4 hours ago, TRon said:

Again, Levy knows as a member of the cartel group, he has the full backing of the PL authorities, whereas PIF don't. He doesn't need to be wary of any backlash with the threat of the hammer coming down.

You’re acting like this stuff is ordained by God.  Levy is actively pursuing and reinforcing his position.  He didn’t inherit a cartel position, he was instrumental in its formation.  

Our owners have just as much agency as Levy.   

————

one constant thing among some fans since the takeover is they think the owners have done everything right.  

PIF are 3 years in - mistakes have obviously been made. At some point I think they will realise they need to pivot to succeed.   

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

You’re acting like this stuff is ordained by God.  Levy is actively pursuing and reinforcing his position.  He didn’t inherit a cartel position, he was instrumental in its formation.  

Our owners have just as much agency as Levy.   

————

one constant thing among some fans since the takeover is they think the owners have done everything right.  

PIF are 3 years in - mistakes have obviously been made. At some point I think they will realise they need to pivot to succeed.   

But no one is arguing PIF have never made mistakes, you are just going off on a tangent on an irrelevant position. And again you are using examples like Man City and Levy as aggressive go-getters while ignoring that they didn't have the same legal obstacles thrown in front of them in building a trophy winning squad. ON the pitch which is always the real key to the treasure trove.