PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Is she dragging Howe into the firing line there, or am I having some kind of stroke?

First time I've been properly unimpressed.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Is she dragging Howe into the firing line there, or am I having some kind of stroke?

don't think it's Howe she is addressing that too. It is to the media and the fans who are complaining (and tend to complain about everything)

Edited by Jack27

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Howe was publicly generally supportive of it, wasn't he? You knew he wasn't pleased about it but I think he generally toed the line?

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

By management I think she means Eales and Co, rather than management of the playing side

It's mad that people are kicking off about it, it's so obvious the reason we are doing it

In an ideal world no one wants it but FFP/PSR means we have to make such difficult decisions 

Any criticism should be aimed at those that implemented and enforce FFP/PSR rather than the club 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Howe was publicly generally supportive of it, wasn't he? You knew he wasn't pleased about it but I think he generally toed the line?

Yes, certainly. But there's a line in stating she merely backed someone else's decision - "wasn't me, guv".

"The decision to go was taken by management, and ultimately I have to support their decisions.....we are doing everything we can to support our manager."

Forgive my cynicism but I think that's legalese in the sense that Eales and co. are management, but most ordinary people would interpret it as being "the manager" Eddie Howe. Using his popularity to de-energise a stinking PR situation.

Edited by 80

14 minutes ago, 80 said:

No she isn’t. By management I’m thinking she means the collective. There’s no way we do this trip without the spectre of FFP. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

By management I think she means Eales and Co, rather than management of the playing side

Agreed, addressed it in a following post.

12 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's mad that people are kicking off about it, it's so obvious the reason we are doing it

In an ideal world no one wants it but FFP/PSR means we have to make such difficult decisions 

Any criticism should be aimed at those that implemented and enforce FFP/PSR rather than the club 

Largely agreed. I do think how the last match was handled was rotten. I'd be looking for ways to make it up to the fans who attended e.g. free merchandise or whatever. Given we'd taken the stick of going out there already, ideally some kind of uber-meet and greet could've been arranged with players who didn't actually play.

I haven't got too much of an issue with the trip, I just think she should be braver in truly shouldering responsibility for it - in the very justifiable context of FFP, as you say.

Edited by 80

I thought everyone realised as soon as it was announced what it actually was? End of season trip to bank as much money as possible with the actual games themselves being utterly meaningless? 

People are genuinely upset about this? :lol:

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure there was need for a statement was there?

If enough knackers have made comments I can see why she felt the need to comment to hopefully put a stop to it

Not sure it'll work cos knackers will forever remain knackers

Surely it's a pif eales Silverstone idea. for added funds to our kitty. 

It makes sense and she's dropping shares faster than sonny bono. So the management is nearly everyone. 😂 

58 minutes ago, 80 said:

No

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure there was need for a statement was there?

She seems to be making these a lot these days. Maybe she's too attached to any negativity in the press or by fans online. 

Edited by andycap

32 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If enough knackers have made comments I can see why she felt the need to comment to hopefully put a stop to it

Not sure it'll work cos knackers will forever remain knackers

You narf love a set of knackers mind lad 😂 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

She seems to be making these a lot these days. Maybe she's to attached to any negativity in the press or by fans online. 

I haven't seen THAT many of them - maybe I've missed some - but yeah they're very keen to defend themselves, the project and the club whenever anything kicks off. I think back to the double statement on the Saudi headdresses back at the start - keen to upset no one. Can't really fault them on being proactive, generally.

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Or thick cunts misinterpreting it. 

It was a message designed to appeal to thick cunts mate.