PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t doubt it :)

There’s plenty of stories about members of the House of Saud playing by different rules from the people that they rule over - including the strict libation laws …

Bit like the Tories?‍♂️

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Saudi Arabia prohibits encrypted phone calls - which is why FaceTime etc is banned.

It’s a completely normal place …

FaceTime isn’t banned.

Just now, FloydianMag said:

Bit like the Tories?‍♂️

Except the Tories don’t have public floggings on the statute books for doing those things - no matter how much some of them might want to.  

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

FaceTime isn’t banned.

You can use it with a VPN

Posted (edited)

You can just use it without vpn. Used to be the case across most gulf countries but not anymore or for the last few years  :) 

Edited by McCormick

FaceTime is banned in the UAE but it’s more to push you to use their services than anything else. WhatsApp isn’t banned. Google and Zoom all fine too as they have good relationships with the country.

Apologies folks, didn’t realised that FaceTime was unbanned in KSA.

Just the death penalty for being homosexual or renouncing the Islamic faith it is, then.  But I guess you have to start somewhere. 

17 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Saudi Arabia prohibits encrypted phone calls - which is why FaceTime etc is banned.

It’s a completely normal place …

The U.K. has just passed a law to prohibit encryption for messaging, mean iMessage, Whattsapp, and other all face being banned unless they lose their encryption. All the tech giants are fighting against it.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The U.K. has just passed a law to prohibit encryption for messaging, mean iMessage, Whattsapp, and other all face being banned unless they lose their encryption. All the tech giants are fighting against it.

Tbf if any country needs to spy on its punters they just need to buy into Israeli Pegasus software. Encryption no problemo. 

43 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf if any country needs to spy on its punters they just need to buy into Israeli Pegasus software. Encryption no problemo. 

Yeah but its use to gather evidence to use in a court of law would be illegal.

The new rules just tries to take away encryption instead.

On 16/05/2024 at 12:51, TheBrownBottle said:

That was my understanding- that every decision needs sign-off in Riyadh and takes some time to do so.

It’s magnificently inefficient way of running a football club - you’d think that a permanent delegate at the club would make more sense.  But it’s clear that Staveley and Reuben aren’t running the show.  

Posted (edited)

Whilst that shows the situation at the time with the AG signing, and deals 'have to be agreed by the chairman', I doubt every deal, or even big deal will mean Staveley, et al have to fly to Riyadh to have it signed off/agreed by YAR.

Edited by TK-421

7 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Whilst that shows the situation at the time with the AG signing, and deals 'have to be agreed by the chairman', I doubt every deal, or even big deal will mean Staveley, et al have to fly to Riyadh to have it signed off/agreed by YAR.

Because apparently fuck the environment if it does

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I see news in Italy is pushing that PIF are allegedly interested in Inter Milan and our 'takeover' could be under threat again.

Link

Is this the 4th or 5th time this has been reported in Italy?

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I see news in Italy is pushing that PIF are allegedly interested in Inter Milan and our 'takeover' could be under threat again.

Link

But we’re already taken over :sweetjesus:

14 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Link

Charlie Bennett is worse than Burnsie/Sean Casey/NUFCWill in my eyes