PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Posted (edited)

Anyone else notice that when we had “3rd party sponsorship” from Sports Direct precisely no other club gave a flying fuck as we were paid the square root of nothing.  Obviously now we’re a threat to their bottom line.  All this nonsense about keeping the league competitive man, maintain status quo and fuck the rest is the only game in town.  Really hope this succeeds. 

Edited by Andy84

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I’m more than up for a two club power trip with this!

IMG_6674.jpeg

In this scenario we're Triple H. Sure, we're playing second fiddle for now, but wait till Austin's neck (Cities 115 charges) gives out. Top dogs for the next 15 years. 

Be absolute lols if the related party stuff gets scrapped, and then the clubs who voted for all the FFP restrictions find they are bound by them but PIF can just inject a load of sponsorship.

Honestly be so funny

Posted (edited)

They also point to the fact that since February the Premier League’s own legal department has been forced to shift its focus to this claim when it is also trying to prepare for the hearing into City’s 115 charges. “This is clearly a tactic,” the source said.

Edited by mighty__mag

2 hours ago, madras said:

Could possibly explain why some of the more obvious sponsorship opportunities for us havent been taken yet.

Aye, so many that are plastered on F1 and formula e cars with massive deals.

If the playbook is scrapped we can go wild.

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

They also point to the fact that since February the Premier League’s own legal department has been forced to shift its focus to this claim when it is also trying to prepare for the hearing into City’s 115 charges. “This is clearly a tactic,” the source said.

This will be the main reason for Citys claim tbh.

Shifting PLs legal dept away from the 115 charges onto this means they could be distracted and overlook something as part of the 115 charges that they can use to get off 

5 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

City challenging the associated party sponsorship regulations. If they're successful then the PIF (in theory) could pump money into the club with inflated sponsorships. Apparently plenty of teams supporting City in the action. 

And you see this as a good thing? Man City have no soul and their success is underpinned by luck of simply landing - completely out the blue - the richest owners. Nothing to do with building their success and building their revenue as a result.

Spending crazy money under our new owners like City did pre FFP holds no appeal to me and I assure you the novelty will wear off.

6 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

And you see this as a good thing? Man City have no soul and their success is underpinned by luck of simply landing - completely out the blue - the richest owners. Nothing to do with building their success and building their revenue as a result.

Spending crazy money under our new owners like City did pre FFP holds no appeal to me and I assure you the novelty will wear off.

I used to think like this. But after seeing the big 6 / PL try and do everything they can to stop us even remotely getting close to them, so they can share the league / competitions / money between them.. I want them to get fucked and if that would mean us getting sponsored by a Saudi company for a similar amount to a Man U/Man City etc, then so be it

9 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

It hasn’t worn off for city fans……they love winning trophy after trophy.

5 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

In this scenario we're Triple H. Sure, we're playing second fiddle for now, but wait till Austin's neck (Cities 115 charges) gives out. Top dogs for the next 15 years. 

*Guitar slide*

It's all about the game, and how you play it...

14 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Didn't look nor sound like it in the cup final.

13 minutes ago, madras said:

We've won fuck all for 50+ year and it didn't sound like our fans gave a fuck in the cup final we got to either

30 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

From the outside looking in they seem like an awful club to support even with all their success. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, madras said:

Yep, they can’t muster a proper celebration during trophy parades and when winning the PL doesn’t bring excitement or pride, you know something is deeply wrong and the whole thing is unnatural.

Edited by timnufc22

Just now, gdm said:

From the outside looking in they seem like an awful club to support even with all their success. 

I bet fans of other clubs think the same about us without the success.

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

We've won fuck all for 50+ year and it didn't sound like our fans gave a fuck in the cup final we got to either

And if we'd won ?

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Most embarrassing NUFC support on the big stage ever, like a non league club on a big day out when nobody knows the songs. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, madras said:

And if we'd won ?

Then it still wouldn't excuse the passionless display from the fans throughout the 90 minutes

No good us calling man city fans plastic like. I'm sure plenty of them who went when they were in old division 2 still love every single trophy they win now.

Don't think City are too different to us as a club really

Edited by jack j

29 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Yep, they can’t muster a proper celebration during trophy parades and when winning the PL doesn’t bring excitement or pride, you know something is deeply wrong and the whole thing is unnatural.

Most of them pictures were way before the parade started etc btw

1 hour ago, timnufc22 said:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. I just posted the link then added this message to summarise the story and it's possible implications for us.

Personally I agree in part that success based purely on suddenly being the richest side in the world may feel a little hollow. However I ultimately feel I'd likely prefer it from the existential head fuck that is supporting a PL side who's only goal each season is to not finish in the bottom 3 positions.

Is football broken? Yes, in so many ways. Will I feel guilty about enjoying being able to support a side who has actual goals like 'winning the league' or 'winning the Champions League' even if it does come with an asterix in the eyes of some/many? Given the alternative, probably not.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, timnufc22 said:

Nobody but Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal would be able to build anything to challenge Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal except in a freak exceptional season after which they're be plucked bald by them - ironically because of their money having been able to capitalise on the ultra-monetisation of football via things like international fanbases and areas of the country. You might say they got those fanbases for a reason but how is anybody else going to manage the same?

Edited by Wolfcastle