PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

It's ultimately a small amount and I assume there's some plan to pay it back, but I don't love that the club was used to provide a loan to an owner for an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with NUFC.

Ashley would have been slaughtered for this.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

It's ultimately a small amount and I assume there's some plan to pay it back, but I don't love that the club was used to provide a loan to an owner for an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with NUFC.

Ashley would have been slaughtered for this.

I understand your point of view…..But without AS, we’d still be under the FB’s control, so a loan is a small price to pay to be rid of him and have new owners.

As nice as she seems she comes across as a chancer. Sorry folks I don’t buy into the idolisation some have for her and Mehdad. Yes, they ultimately saved us from Ashley but it wasn’t charity.

They picked up a cheap asset which PIF and the Reubens are funding and which could make them very rich when they sell their slice.

It looks like she has no real wealth and her main income was from brokering deals between mid east sheikhs and European businesses.

She ends up in a lot of litigation e.g Barclays, Ashley, and now this guy which doesn’t reflect well on her and isn’t good for the clubs image particularly when the club loans her money for her legal battles.

Ashley started proceedings for non payment of his loan as has this guy. Not sure if taking personal loans from acquaintances in particular Ashley shows sound judgement as well as not paying them back (if proven).

A chancer? She’s clearly not a chancer, she’s been involved in some huge deals, not least getting this sale completed. She’s clearly an extremely successful businessperson, just not someone who is a billionaire 

38 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I understand your point of view…..But without AS, we’d still be under the FB’s control, so a loan is a small price to pay to be rid of him and have new owners.

It’s a misappropriation of club funds for her own personal use.  It’s completely inappropriate, as it would be with any shareholder.  It would be nice to one day not have this type of thing going on at the club

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

A chancer? She’s clearly not a chancer, she’s been involved in some huge deals, not least getting this sale completed. She’s clearly an extremely successful businessperson, just not someone who is a billionaire 

If you have to borrow money from the club for your unrelated legal battles and we’re talking 100s of thousands not millions I would question how successful you are.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I think a chancer is maybe a bit far. I agree that having disputes over loans doesn't look good on her character.

Maybe chancer was a bit strong but to describe her as an opportunist may be more fair.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Why not just sell some of her shares rather than taking money out? Makes no sense really.

Then she doesn’t need to buy them back.  Be interesting to see when the money gets repaid - and if she loses, she wouldn’t be able to repay, so the club takes the risk

Guest reefatoon
30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

look at the people who liked it [emoji38] 

The usual gaggle of utter miseries right in there.

Just now, reefatoon said:

look at the people who liked it [emoji38] 

The usual gaggle of utter miseries right in there.

The ‘chancer’ line might be a bit far, but the rest was perfectly fine to me.

But perhaps you like the club’s money being used to bail an owner out of their own self-created mess.  

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

The ‘chancer’ line might be a bit far, but the rest was perfectly fine to me.

But perhaps you like the club’s money being used to bail an owner out of their own self-created mess.  

In fairness buddy, I wasn’t meaning you :thup: You post decent stuff.

It seems like some people think that all our owners bought us purely out of pure benevolence and love of the fans. This is obviously not the case, chancer is well harsh mind, but yes using club money to bail out on a loan she is disuputing isn't good, however fairly sure that's why she bought into the club knowing the Saudi investment would fairly quickly rocket the value of her shares and will make a tidy profit on it. That's normal. There is no way of knowing the rights wrongs of the situation on teh loan she could be entirely in the right or in a mess. No doubt money will get moved around and it won't impact us much. But she's here to make money off us and people act surprised?

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

It seems like some people think that all our owners bought us purely out of pure benevolence and love of the fans. This is obviously not the case, chancer is well harsh mind, but yes using club money to bail out on a loan she is disuputing isn't good, however fairly sure that's why she bought into the club knowing the Saudi investment would fairly quickly rocket the value of her shares and will make a tidy profit on it. That's normal. There is no way of knowing the rights wrongs of the situation on teh loan she could be entirely in the right or in a mess. No doubt money will get moved around and it won't impact us much. But she's here to make money off us and people act surprised?

It’s not a surprise - it’s more that it’s improper.  

7 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Tories being tories.

Mehrdad let the mask slip when he had a pop at the fans. We're owned by knackers.

The foodbank bet was the worst.  None of the ‘optics’ look right for me with these.  Even borrowing off Ashley before slating him isn’t exactly great crack (even if we’re likely to agree due to a loathing of Ashley). 

9 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Tories being tories.

Mehrdad let the mask slip when he had a pop at the fans. We're owned by knackers.

He was spot on with his dig towards the fans. He's got most them sussed and they didn't like it.

Theyre Back to being mutes now. Until dan burn makes a mistake that is

1 minute ago, jack j said:

He was spot on with his dig towards the fans. He's got most them sussed and they didn't like it.

Theyre Back to being mutes now. Until dan burn makes a mistake that is

Can't agree with that but tbf, when I do go it's in the strawberry corner, so probably not hearing the silent sitters as much.

1 hour ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Can't agree with that but tbf, when I do go it's in the strawberry corner, so probably not hearing the silent sitters as much.

Only part of the ground that bothers 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Then she doesn’t need to buy them back.  Be interesting to see when the money gets repaid - and if she loses, she wouldn’t be able to repay, so the club takes the risk

If she loses it seems plausible that she'd need to sell her shares, presumably to the Reubens or PIF, to help fund it. In theory she'd get fair value minus the outstanding loans, but who knows.

I just don't get why, if the Reubens and/or PIF wanted to help her out, it had to be funneled through the club. 

2 hours ago, SAK said:

As nice as she seems she comes across as a chancer. Sorry folks I don’t buy into the idolisation some have for her and Mehdad. Yes, they ultimately saved us from Ashley but it wasn’t charity.

They picked up a cheap asset which PIF and the Reubens are funding and which could make them very rich when they sell their slice.

It looks like she has no real wealth and her main income was from brokering deals between mid east sheikhs and European businesses.

She ends up in a lot of litigation e.g Barclays, Ashley, and now this guy which doesn’t reflect well on her and isn’t good for the clubs image particularly when the club loans her money for her legal battles.

Ashley started proceedings for non payment of his loan as has this guy. Not sure if taking personal loans from acquaintances in particular Ashley shows sound judgement as well as not paying them back (if proven).

It wasn't quite as straight forward as that. She allegedly violated a clause in said loan stating she wouldn't criticise his ownership of the club. Comes if incredibly petty on his part and a bit thick on hers.

It's not great she's seemingly borrowing money from the club in this instance though.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If she loses it seems plausible that she'd need to sell her shares, presumably to the Reubens or PIF, to help fund it. In theory she'd get fair value minus the outstanding loans, but who knows.

I just don't get why, if the Reubens and/or PIF wanted to help her out, it had to be funneled through the club. 

100% agreed mate