PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Our income will be around £300m.

2023 Income was £250M.

It had increased by 40% each year since the takeover.

So, another annual 40% (hopefully) plus Sela (£25M) plus Adidas (£35M) plus Champions League money (£37M) totals a lot more than £300M for the June 2024 Annual Accounts Total.

Unless I have got (and maybe I have) some of the above figures wrong?

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

2023 Income was £250M.

It had increased by 40% each year since the takeover.

So, another annual 40% (hopefully) plus Sela (£25M) plus Adidas (£35M) plus Champions League money (£37M) totals a lot more than £300M for the June 2024 Annual Accounts Total.

Unless I have got (and maybe I have) some of the above figures wrong?

I had always assumed the Adidas will be in the set of accounts AFTER this next one but I’m also not an expert and make shit up as I go

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I had always assumed the Adidas will be in the set of accounts AFTER this next one but I’m also not an expert and make shit up as I go

It will unless you think we are wearing Adidas strips this season

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

No you 're right on that, so the 2023/2024 income is more likely to be something like £250m plus lets add 20% general increases (£50m) plus Champions League (£37m) plus Sela (£25m) = £362m

Adidas plus (assume) Conference league - Fun 88 should be more or less the same as the champions league money so 2024/2025 income should be more like £370-£380m

16 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

No you 're right on that, so the 2023/2024 income is more likely to be something like £250m plus lets add 20% general increases (£50m) plus Champions League (£37m) plus Sela (£25m) = £362m

Adidas plus (assume) Conference league - Fun 88 should be more or less the same as the champions league money so 2024/2025 income should be more like £370-£380m

What "general increases" are going to bring in £50m?

17 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

What "general increases" are going to bring in £50m?

Little bit of TV, smaller sponsorships, corporate work, overseas tours etc. Basically lots of little increments in every area

Putting my accountant hat on rather than my fan hat, an FA cup run to the final is worth £3m, we had nothing last year. Winning the League cup is worth less than £500k - just as an example

We may end up getting an additional £50m from sales (Maxi + Wood + Ashworth) for 2023/24. We'll be getting ~£6m less in PL merit payments, which essentially offsets the CL matchday income. We may hit £350m if Ashworth happens and counts in this accounting year.

But then for 2024/25 we'll be back around £300m from predictable sources. To get back to £350m and above it would need to be from Europa League, player sales, and new sponsorships (training gear, etc.).

23 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We may end up getting an additional £50m from sales (Maxi + Wood + Ashworth) for 2023/24. We'll be getting ~£6m less in PL merit payments, which essentially offsets the CL matchday income. We may hit £350m if Ashworth happens and counts in this accounting year.

But then for 2024/25 we'll be back around £300m from predictable sources. To get back to £350m and above it would need to be from Europa League, player sales, and new sponsorships (training gear, etc.).

The £250m income in 2022/2023 does not include any player trading (we made a £3m profit on sales in the year). 

We are 100% looking to the commercial team squeezing every orange and lemon, but that's what they are there for and what they are good at doing

4 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

The £250m income in 2022/2023 does not include any player trading (we made a £3m profit on sales in the year). 

We are 100% looking to the commercial team squeezing every orange and lemon, but that's what they are there for and what they are good at doing

I agree but there's also no evidence of any deals of significance (Sela aside) counting in the 2023/24 period. I think our gains this year will be Sela + CL + player sales.

Given we now have more of a staff in place I will be disappointed if we don't start announcing some additional sponsorships this summer. For 2024/25 commercial + player sales will be needed to get back to / exceed the current year's revenue.

23 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I agree but there's also no evidence of any deals of significance (Sela aside) counting in the 2023/24 period. I think our gains this year will be Sela + CL + player sales.

Given we now have more of a staff in place I will be disappointed if we don't start announcing some additional sponsorships this summer. For 2024/25 commercial + player sales will be needed to get back to / exceed the current year's revenue.

There were no deals of significance between 2021/22 and 2022/23 but we still managed to increase comercial income by 66%.

20 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

There were no deals of significance between 2021/22 and 2022/23 but we still managed to increase comercial income by 66%.

But that 66% is only £17m. Pretty sure Noon accounts for about 30% of it, so that was significant. And then the Fender concerts and the Saudi tour were big factors.

For this year I did forget about the Saudi friendlies at SJP (don't know how well they sold?), the PL Summer Series, and the Amazon doc though. 

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

But that 66% is only £17m. Pretty sure Noon accounts for about 30% of it, so that was significant. And then the Fender concerts and the Saudi tour were big factors.

For this year I did forget about the Saudi friendlies at SJP (don't know how well they sold?), the PL Summer Series, and the Amazon doc though. 

Not sure if ticket sales will impact our income. If PIF/Saudi FA were smart (on our behalf) they would have hired the stadium on the basis of a full house and then took the actual ticket money themselves.

US tour would have been worth a little bit. Its that type of activity that creeps the income up

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Outright stating Bruce just didn't want to show up for work is quite something. :lol:

Nothing we didn’t know. The man had more air miles than Judith Chalmers.

11 minutes ago, christ said:

Nothing we didn’t know. The man had more air miles than Judith Chalmers.

Yeah nothing shocking but still surprised me that one of our authority figures would mention it so matter of factly tbh. 

59 minutes ago, wormy said:

Outright stating Bruce just didn't want to show up for work is quite something. :lol:

Timestamp?

21 minutes ago, 80 said:

Timestamp?

Around 4 minutes or so when they start talking about what they walked in to on buying NUFC.

Good listen, apart from Amanda thinking there will be a Saudi club in the Champions league, a European competition 🤔 

Edited by mighty__mag

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Eddie does like 12hr days, starts at 7am leaves at 7pm, he's often said I come to work in the dark and go home in the dark.

You can bet your life, Bruce did something like 10am til 2pm

He obviously went to work, but would have put fuck all into it.

23 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Good listen, apart from Amanda thinking there will be a Saudi club in the Champions league, a European competition 🤔 

Tbf what else could she say