PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 hours ago, manorpark said:

2023 Income was £250M.

It had increased by 40% each year since the takeover.

So, another annual 40% (hopefully) plus Sela (£25M) plus Adidas (£35M) plus Champions League money (£37M) totals a lot more than £300M for the June 2024 Annual Accounts Total.

Unless I have got (and maybe I have) some of the above figures wrong?

The Champions League money lands this season, adidas next season.  The annual 40% growth isn’t a thing - that doesn’t just appear - that was partially through league placing, partially through new deals.  There are no new deals, and we’re unlikely to finish 4th.

The club’s income will be just under £300m. 

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Good listen, apart from Amanda thinking there will be a Saudi club in the Champions league, a European competition 🤔 

And she can fuck right off with that one

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

that has teams from Israel competing in it

That’s because they were kicked out of the AFC - of which they were members - by those pillars of liberal democracy, Kuwait.  

That comment about Bruce man, he has absolutely no shame like. I don’t think there’s anything he wouldn’t say to try and make himself out to be the victim / the good guy fighting against the odds 

there were strories of players turning up for training during the  international breaks and bruce having fucked off on holiday without telling them.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Champions League money lands this season, adidas next season.  The annual 40% growth isn’t a thing - that doesn’t just appear - that was partially through league placing, partially through new deals.  There are no new deals, and we’re unlikely to finish 4th.

I think it will easily clear £300m. This is admittedly fuzzy in places, but...

£250m as starting point from last season

- £9m in lower merit payment if we finish 7th

- £3m from player sales

+ £25m from Sela

+ £37m from CL (this number is from the club; I'm assuming it includes the extra matchday revenue for 3 home games)

+ £28m from player sales (Maxi and Wood; being conservative and just taking the post-amortisation profit on Wood)

+ £6m from Amazon doc (Don't totally know where he got this but Swiss Ramble mentioned £10m for this and Saudi friendlies so I made up a #)

Calling Fender / Saudi friendlies / England friendly / Summer Series a wash, though it may be another + for 23/24

That's roughly £334. Even if you take out the player sales and deduct a bit more for whatever reasons we're at £300m.

58 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think it will easily clear £300m. This is admittedly fuzzy in places, but...

£250m as starting point from last season

- £9m in lower merit payment if we finish 7th

- £3m from player sales

+ £25m from Sela

+ £37m from CL (this number is from the club; I'm assuming it includes the extra matchday revenue for 3 home games)

+ £28m from player sales (Maxi and Wood; being conservative and just taking the post-amortisation profit on Wood)

+ £6m from Amazon doc (Don't totally know where he got this but Swiss Ramble mentioned £10m for this and Saudi friendlies so I made up a #)

Calling Fender / Saudi friendlies / England friendly / Summer Series a wash, though it may be another + for 23/24

That's roughly £334. Even if you take out the player sales and deduct a bit more for whatever reasons we're at £300m.

isn’t the £3m on top of the £250m income? It’s a separate P&L line.

so you also take out the £28m from player sales this year to get you £306m.

if we get past city in the cup then there’s another £2m from the cup run against virtually nothing from the carabao run last year.

so I get us £310m minimum before any player trading but I think that will be a little pessimistic 

Yeah I did wonder if @TheBrownBottle was excluding player sales, which is why I hedged at the end.

But ultimately that delineation is meaningless - all of the regulations are based on revenue + sales. The most helpful part of separating them is the fact that sales are the most volatile of revenue streams.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I hope you are wrong, but we will have to wait and see what the June 2024 Annual Accounts say.

1 hour ago, SAK said:

What’s with her saying we weren’t a big club? Hopefully she doesn’t believe that.

I can't think of a single metric that made us a big club under Ashley. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I know we all like Amanda and dislike Bruce but I imagine he will be on the phone to his lawyers given her comments about him :lol:

She did say “a coach”.. like it was implied that it was Steve Bruce but she chose her words very carefully.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Yeah I did wonder if @TheBrownBottle was excluding player sales, which is why I hedged at the end.

But ultimately that delineation is meaningless - all of the regulations are based on revenue + sales. The most helpful part of separating them is the fact that sales are the most volatile of revenue streams.

Yeah, I was excluded player sales.  It’s tricky because as you’ve said, that’s the ‘known unknown’ of football finances - you know you can / will sell, but there’s little cost certainty 

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I know we all like Amanda and dislike Bruce but I imagine he will be on the phone to his lawyers given her comments about him :lol:

I would guess there are plenty of people who would confirm her comments in a court of law though. Even Graham Jones. "We did fuck all during the week".

22 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Btw, we’ve had great revenue growth since the takeover but over the next few years I expect them to slow a lot. 

At present, I’d say we’re running out of headroom.  There’s some low-hanging fruit still available, but after that we look knackered at the moment.  I can’t foresee circumstances where our revenues go past £350m without something really significant happening - which would leave us at about 60% of Spurs’ income.

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

At present, I’d say we’re running out of headroom.  There’s some low-hanging fruit still available, but after that we look knackered at the moment.  I can’t foresee circumstances where our revenues go past £350m without something really significant happening - which would leave us at about 60% of Spurs’ income.

How fucking sad is that though? We were ok par with Spurs before Ashley, now we can at best get up to 60% of their income :anguish:

We will have the new fan-zone (open all week), training kit sponsorship, training ground sponsorship, stadium stands/stadium sponsorship and I'm sure quite a few other sponsorship/commercial deals which will happen. I honestly think it's a load of shit that some are thinking revenue steams will slow down. They won't. The owners are playing a very clever game of drip feeding things yearly to avoid any major scrutiny from the clubs desperate to try and stop our advancement and of course the southern media.

Edited by et tu brute