PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, TBG said:

Thought as a whole it was pretty shite. Lot of it felt like an AI prompt.

slightly underwhelming.

Posted (edited)

I think it was fucking class tbh.

I kna just the reaction I'm gonna get to this comment but it is day and night from Mike Ashley's Newcastle custodianship. Look at the buzz they're creating around the club man and the city.

We need to ditch the cynicism and really rally behind it. If this city truly unites it is unstoppable.

Edited by Heron

Posted (edited)

I was there in person and the stadium announcer made it worse by building up so much, saying youve never seen anything like this, youll be amazed etc. I thought there was going to be some mental drone display or something. Then there's really naff early noughties video game graphic crowd is projected on the Baltic :lol: It did then look cool when it was real footage and images I thought - I did enjoy that a lot - especially Shearer, Tino and that up there. I gather there was stuff on the river but doubt many there could see that, so maybe it looked much better on telly/stream.

Seemed like there was loads there, nice atmosphere about.

Edited by Superior Acuña

41 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

How is Sela not pushing this out on real streaming??

The announcer said at the event 'this is being watched around the world through SELA!' or something like that

I think it definitely depended on what viewpoint you had .. Those square on had a great view of the water projections and I’ll wager the official videos will look amazing ..

21 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

BBBDB

The extra B is for Big too, cos he’s a massive projection.

(What’s *that* extra B for? That’s a typo.)

GPla-BDXIAEsrIv.jpeg

Pity stupid cunts are filming it instead of watching it.

If an asteroid was on impact with the earth guaranteed to destroy it....the same people would get their phones out 

Just got back and thought it was tremendous. Thousands there and everyone appeared to enjoyed it. As Heron said light years away from the prior regime and what a showcase to promote to sponsors. Look at our support, be part of it.

Sick of cynics. If you are underwhelmed what hope is there. Free night, promoting black and white. Great

A canny way to spend the night with the bairns.

Free and fun and there was a nice feelgood atmosphere around the place.

For nowt, and no reason, it's absolutely class tbf [emoji38]

I get that it is light years from what we had under Ashley etc etc and I'm very appreciative of it but we stood in the freezing cold wind for an hour and a half to see it and I can't help but be slightly underwhelmed by it. No drones or anything. Loads there like. Amazing turn out nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

I think it was fucking class tbh.

I kna just the reaction I'm gonna get to this comment but it is day and night from Mike Ashley's Newcastle custodianship. Look at the buzz they're creating around the club man and the city.

We need to ditch the cynicism and really rally behind it. If this city truly unites it is unstoppable.

Really feels like something special is building. Makes me hope people enjoy the journey as much as the destination, bored of people whining at fuck all (not on here, in general)

Thought it was class. 

Being right in front of the mist/water feature helped it feel new and unique.

As usual people have their “boring” opinions and are entitled to them are the same ones bitching about the new kit all the way up to the pre launch advert/teaser.

Can’t. Won’t. Do not want pleased.

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

I get that it is light years from what we had under Ashley etc etc and I'm very appreciative of it but we stood in the freezing cold wind for an hour and a half to see it and I can't help but be slightly underwhelmed by it. No drones or anything. Loads there like. Amazing turn out nevertheless.

Oh there's definitely someone droning.O0

Watched a few vids on it this morning. Im not sure what people want, Las Vegas? 

Looked canny enough to me. Good atmosphere, something different. Buying into this narrative that we are a "special" club in a "special" city etc etc. 

When we do eventually win something, and we will, I can only imagine the scenes. 

For now I'm enjoying, no revelling, in supporting a club that's got another chance to have a go. I'm probably easy pleased mind because I can't get enough NUFC content. Wether it's players doing Connect4, darts, baking cakes get that cunt in my eyes

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Watched a few vids on it this morning. Im not sure what people want, Las Vegas? 

Looked canny enough to me. Good atmosphere, something different. Buying into this narrative that we are a "special" club in a "special" city etc etc. 

When we do eventually win something, and we will, I can only imagine the scenes. 

For now I'm enjoying, no revelling, in supporting a club that's got another chance to have a go. I'm probably easy pleased mind because I can't get enough NUFC content. Wether it's players doing Connect4, darts, baking cakes get that cunt in my eyes

Agreed. Yeah just watched it at work. Free show for all the family. I thought it was great. Connects with the fans, promotes the club. Happy daze :indi: