The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

Just now, Shearergol said:

Wow. Kaka goes full kaka :lol:

I'm telling you it's going to happen.

If in this day and age a kid as pleasant as Saka can still be getting racially abused by England fans, then for me there is absolutely no hope.

We also had the Vinicius drama this year and now this Gaultier nonsense. The Saudi option is a viable threat and these players are going to start opting for that instead.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm telling you it's going to happen.

If in this day and age a kid as pleasant as Saka can still be getting racially abused by England fans, then for me there is absolutely no hope.

We also had the Vinicius drama this year and now this Gaultier nonsense. The Saudi option is a viable threat and these players are going to start opting for that instead.

You’ve basically just told us that all England fans want rid of the black players. Fuck off man 

There has certainly been an unpleasant and unwanted rise in racism in recent years driven by wankers who should all be shot out of cannons, this is a long way away from suggesting a) all england fans secretly want this (albeit yes i got somewhat alienated from england due to prevalence of those sort of fans, but Saka and co have brought back some love to it all) and b) all non-white players are going to leave imminently.I think the racist cunts are by far the minority but also unfortunately very vocal. Social media is a hell hole if feels society is being sucked into, i am all for bombing twitter from orbit

If sustained racial abuse continues and isnt addressed then who could blame them but with some hope and some love they won't win. 

Edited by Tiresias

This is some crazy shit coming from Kaka. 

Kaka, have you actually spent much time in Newcastle? Or England for that matter? (obviously I am talking about sometime in the last few decades not the 1950s). 

Just now, Tiresias said:

There has certainly been an unpleasant and unwanted rise in racism in recent years driven by wankers who should all be shot out of cannons, this is a long way away from suggesting a) all england fans secretly want this (albeit yes i got somewhat alienated from england due to prevalence of those sort of fans, but Saka and co have brought back some love to it all) and b) all non-white players are going to leave. 

If sustained racial abuse continues and isnt addressed then who could blame them but with some hope and some love they won't win. 

It’s lain under the surface without ever going away - the ‘you can’t say anything these days’ brigade lacked a political mouthpiece.

But the whole ‘I know what you all really think’ shite …

If I came from somewhere which just recently nearly voted in Bolsonaro for a second term, I’d be careful about sweeping statements.  I don’t think all Brazilians are racists and homophobes because they decided to vote in a racist homophobe.  

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You’ve basically just told us that all England fans want rid of the black players. Fuck off man 

It's easy for you to rubbish it because your not the one that has to put up with those kind of stories all the time.

I would never advise any of those players to continue to put themselves through that. It's disgraceful.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I just don't see how you can jump to Saudi Arabia being the place to go [emoji38]

Well most of these players are just looking for an opportunity to make a living with their skill. They'll definitely take that option more and more given the chance. Especially when these issues of abuse continue to be such a problem.

it is disgraceful and no player should have to put up with it, i wouldn't even blame players for leaving the league over being abused at all, it's just detached from reality. 

yeah there is a lot of racism still going on agree with above, it's more I object to being lumped in with secretly not wanting black players in the country ffs.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

To think this is also the person that thinks everyone's too sensitive these days :lol:

You think I'm bein sensitive?

We'll see man. I'm just looking at what I see going on around me.

Look back over my history I'm not one to go on about racism or anything like that.

I just think with the Saudi's throwing around the kind of money they are, you'll be increasingly be surprised by the calibre of players from Africa and South America that choose to start going there.

Why am I even debating this?

It's part of the reason I don't think black players should play for England because I think deep down you guys don't really want it, but just aren't being honest about that.

it’s this line people are objecting to. Nobody is claiming that racism doesn’t exist.

Yes agree plenty of players will go to Saudi and i think there is some nonsensical crap posted about them being greedy for doing so, of course it is going to be attractive. It's the you guys are all racist bit lol

Just now, The Prophet said:

Racism is an utter blight on modern society, but the UK is one of the most progressive places going. There's a lot of issues here, but being a country of swivel eyed racists isn't particularly one of them.

I'd maybe argue there are fair share, but probably in line with everywheres coefficient of morons

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I think it's probably for the best for English football as I think most of you feel this way. It's part of the reason I don't think black players should play for England because I think deep down you guys don't really want it, but just aren't being honest about that.

I think things are getting so divisive now we'll eventually see most players of African origin in the Saudi/Middle Eastern leagues leagues and Europe will go back to having mostly Caucasian players.

Hahaha, dear God. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]  Got to be one of the worst lines ever seen on this forum.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Why am I even debating this?

It's part of the reason I don't think black players should play for England because I think deep down you guys don't really want it, but just aren't being honest about that.

it’s this line people are objecting to. Nobody is claiming that racism doesn’t exist.

Well how do you expect black people to view the sort of reactions we continue to see?

No one is going to come out and say they do these things. So who are all these people doing this stuff and how can we really know how many are like this. 

It's a hell of a mind fuck that's for sure. I wouldn't want any child of mine having to deal with that at all.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You think I'm bein sensitive?

We'll see man. I'm just looking at what I see going on around me.

Look back over my history I'm not one to go on about racism or anything like that.

I just think with the Saudi's throwing around the kind of money they are, you'll be increasingly be surprised by the calibre of players from Africa and South America that choose to start going there.

It's obviously a problem and not limited to England either, but to make the claim that we all secretly don't want black players playing for England and just aren't being honest about it is quite the insane and offensive leap to be making like.