Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I just wanted to add that it is such a pleasure to watch this man at the center of what has become an exceptionally well-run club. His tactics are typically excellent, his ability to motivate and get the best out of players - Gordon admitting last season that he was not fit enough to play the way we wanted to play, now he's looking like a new player - his commitment to the basics of hard work and intensity, he's just a spectacular manager.

And I love the fact that he and the scouting staff are aligned not only in the on-field type of player we sign, but the off-field attitude and commitment. The mentality of our signings has been sensational. 

It may not work perfectly all the time, but there is a very evident plan in place that is being carried out, and as a supporter, that's so reassuring.

20 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I just wanted to add that it is such a pleasure to watch this man at the center of what has become an exceptionally well-run club. His tactics are typically excellent, his ability to motivate and get the best out of players - Gordon admitting last season that he was not fit enough to play the way we wanted to play, now he's looking like a new player - his commitment to the basics of hard work and intensity, he's just a spectacular manager.

And I love the fact that he and the scouting staff are aligned not only in the on-field type of player we sign, but the off-field attitude and commitment. The mentality of our signings has been sensational. 

It may not work perfectly all the time, but there is a very evident plan in place that is being carried out, and as a supporter, that's so reassuring.

This. We are in very safe hands. The future is bright. The future is black and white :indi:

48 minutes ago, Memphis said:

This is all we ever wanted. 

Saw Howe and Tonali + girlfriend in Francesca’s last week. Couple of others in the encourage I didn’t recognise. Surprised I’ve not seen any photos on social media. Not where I’d take him but really speaks to the culture of the club and the desire to ensure he settles.

9 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Saw Howe and Tonali + girlfriend in Francesca’s last week. Couple of others in the encourage I didn’t recognise. Surprised I’ve not seen any photos on social media. Not where I’d take him but really speaks to the culture of the club and the desire to ensure he settles.

what did they order?

13 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Hiring the player liaison guy from Milan speaks to how we are approaching this. It's pretty fascinating actually - I think the club will be conscious of the issues Italian players have had settling in England in the past and will be doing everything possible to mitigate for it. It's asset value protection at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Hiring the player liaison guy from Milan speaks to how we are approaching this. It's pretty fascinating actually - I think the club will be conscious of the issues Italian players have had settling in England in the past and will be doing everything possible to mitigate for it. It's asset value protection at the end of the day.

Who’s looking after the player liaison guy though? 

On 12/08/2023 at 22:19, midds said:

xG was 4.32 today and that's against one of the best teams from the last few months of last season. That's exceptional. Created at least 9 really good chances against a very, very good team. Bodes well :aww: 

Villa had conceded 8 goals in their last 16 games last season and we put five past them :snod:

20 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Posted ages ago, but watch from 4:30....

I hadn’t seen that yet but man when they’re doing the keep away drill type thing, the way he’s talking to everyone just makes you realize how much you’d want to play for him. 

He's such a good man manager:

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe on starting Alexander Isak over Callum Wilson against Aston Villa: "It was very difficult. One of those calls that I didn't look forward to making out of my love for Callum. My relationship with him is very strong and he's been outstanding for me as a manager.

"To make those calls and disappoint someone you love is very difficult. I had to make a call, and Alex performed really well and so did Callum; they both scored. Getting off the mark is important."

Man Utd will take care of themselves this season because basically they are not very good  but to see Liverpool drop will be a dream, Klopp seems to have outstayed his welcome, his Dortmond curse has come back.