Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

This will not age very well.. Just like the rest of the things that talksport has said about newcastle after takeover. Saving this for later:lol: Howe did "too well" for Bournemouth for many many years.. And then he use Moyes as an example, West Ham had relegation form for more than a year with a good squad and same spendings as us. Ofcourse people started turning on Moyes after that, nothing to do with previous achievements or being victim of own success..

Edited by Erikse

Eddie, and leadership team, in their first full season have delivered best ever (Premier) performance in terms of: least number of losses (and lowest percentage losses), fewest goals against (and percentage goals against).  Second highest number of draws (and percentage draws; joint 6th highest wins), second  best goal difference, and joint second points per game. Not too shabby! 

IMG_6507.thumb.jpeg.456e72ca61bd035f417a967e1addd486.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

23 hours ago, Erikse said:

This will not age very well.. Just like the rest of the things that talksport has said about newcastle after takeover. Saving this for later:lol: Howe did "too well" for Bournemouth for many many years.. And then he use Moyes as an example, West Ham had relegation form for more than a year with a good squad and same spendings as us. Ofcourse people started turning on Moyes after that, nothing to do with previous achievements or being victim of own success..

Eddie's has already achieved two miracles in a) escaping relegation from a position where no team had escaped before and b) getting us into the top four. Keeping us in the top four will be another challenge, but one no bigger than the two he's already met.

So many times over the last 18 months, I've thought - right, now we're going to get found out and put in our place - but it hasn't happened. This man is writing his own story.

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Eddie's has already achieved two miracles in a) escaping relegation from a position where no team had escaped before and b) getting us into the top four. Keeping us in the top four will be another challenge, but one no bigger than the two he's already met.

So many times over the last 18 months, I've thought - right, now we're going to get found out and put in our place - but it hasn't happened. This man is writing his own story.

The most impressive is how he adapts. I was sure we were found out in that january/february period, but he managed to change things around a bit. Certain managers keeps going with whatever is not working, because they don't know how to change it up. People have been saying that we will drop off for a year for christs sake, it's allways the same.[emoji38] We might drop off, but I don't think that a top 6 placement would put pressure on Howe just because we got top 4 somehow this season.. Still don't understand the Moyes comparison either, he's literally a proof that previous success with the club can save you from getting sacked in tough periods.

Edited by Erikse

24 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

We didn't batter Arsenal they missed a load of chances aswell.

i said it "felt like" we battered them.

the truth may be somewhat different.

We absolutely destroyed Man Utd and should have won by a bigger margin that 2-0.

A few days before the game I was in my local Screwfix where we regularly have some football banter. The manager in the store is a Man Utd season ticket holder and made a comment about the earlier games in the final and at Old Trafford. Something along lines of “I’m worried with all our injuries because all you guys do is play long diagonal balls to the big wide men and go after the knock downs”. I tried to explain to the guy that’s he’s a moron, but seeing him a few days after the St James Park game and being greeted with silence was all I needed after my comment of “how’d you enjoy that long ball tactic mate”

Edited by andyc35i

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Arsenal game could've gone either way and we were definitely unlucky to lose it. We didn't batter them though.

The penalty check swung the game I thought. We were on top, fans up for it, then that check took a couple of minutes and Arsenal scored. I reckon if the ref hadn't thought the handball was a pen and we'd just played on, we'd have still had that momentum. 

On 07/06/2023 at 15:59, huss9 said:

felt like we battered liverpool at home even with 10 men, and arsenal to an extent but got nowt from either.

Not battered but the Liverpool game was very even despite having 10 men. NUFC 2.04 xG to 1.87. Second half was 1.15 to 0.74. 

I'm still annoyed they randomly got to play us twice without Bruno, one right before the cup final and the robbery at Anfield. Literally everything going their way. The #1 thing I'm looking for when the fixtures come out is when we play them.

On 03/06/2023 at 08:59, KaKa said:

Really interesting breakdown of our style of play this past season under Howe.

How come there's no videos like this when Bruce was manager ? 

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Not battered but the Liverpool game was very even despite having 10 men. NUFC 2.04 xG to 1.87. Second half was 1.15 to 0.74. 

I'm still annoyed they randomly got to play us twice without Bruno, one right before the cup final and the robbery at Anfield. Literally everything going their way. The #1 thing I'm looking for when the fixtures come out is when we play them.

Liverpool had a hell of a lot of decisions go their way for long enough this season and they still couldn't get champions league.

Someone from work (who is not interested in football) has just been on holiday to same resort as Eddie. Matt Ritchie and a few other footballers, e.g.  Loftus Cheek and Seamus Coleman there at same time. As cool as I like to think I would be in such circumstances, sense of instant envy tells me that I’d probably blow it!

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/end-of-season-awards/news/newcastles-eddie-howe-named-premier-league-manager-of-the-season_516149.html?newsnow

Newcastle United's Eddie Howe named Premier League Manager of the Season

Howe 50% of the votes from our team of reporters when it came to the best manager from the 2022-23 Premier League campaign.

Howe finished above title-winning boss Pep Guardiola (30%), while Brighton & Hove Albion's Roberto De Zerbi and Arsenal's Mikel Arteta were the only other managers to garner votes.

well deserved Eddie. 

Edited by prefabtoon