Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

54 minutes ago, madras said:

The only worry I have with Eddie is burn out.

I did think this yesterday. For anyone else I'd say at least he can fit in some down time somewhere in the next couple of weeks. But he's got the type of mindset where I could picture him on the job even more to try and find solutions after a result like that. 

He looked down and a bit pensive in his postmatch interviews, he will be pissed off at yesterday's performance and result.

Yesterday's performance was probably the worst ever under howe, but that's football.

Mitigating circumstances in abundance. 

He's 100% the man for the job.

HWTL.

The players just didn't help themselves. I can understand his frustration despite the easy get out of injuries, which he refused to us in his post match which is refreshing amongst the shite u get from Arteta etc. 

But yeah it felt for the first time almost all the players adopted the victim mentality for the first time since all these injuries and just all looked like they were running in treacle. I get that it will be physical exhaustion aswell but I think they all played mentally tired from the start. 

That led to some awful decision making etc. Some of Trippiers passing across the back etc was awful. Longstaff just slow on the ball and just flopping over as he likes to do and never getting the free kick because it's too obvious. Schar was abit like he was in the Bruce years where his head seems to drop and then makes some lazy passes and poor decisions. 

There was just loads of lazy flicks and playing passes into dangerous errors resulting in counter attacks etc. Eddie was right to be annoyed, we made our own lives alot harder for ourselves. 

All that being said it's totally understandable and in some ways surprising it's taken this long for some of the players to hit the wall. Hopefully they can recharge enough to improve the performance Vs Chelsea, adding Bruno and Isak back will help massively ofcourse also. 

Just need to avoid reaching the low point of having Ritchie play ever again ?

In what way could the medical staff and physios have prepared for or foreseen the types of injuries we’ve had? Broken toe, two types of back injuries (not muscular), Botman’s knee, Murphy’s shoulder (the first time) or Wilson’s chronic muscle injuries?

Edit: I guess they could’ve stopped Wilson from playing at all - which would give us the exact same effect as the injuries. 

Edited by clintdempsey

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don’t let myleftboot see that Howe interview. Players are not allowed to tire because myleftboot is a carpenter on a building site and he doesn’t get tired. So there. 

??. Staropramen clearly isn’t my drink. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Wey why didn’t you just say that last night man brother? We’re all friends here. 

Sorry mate if I caused any unrest. I went out for the match in town ended up having 8 or 9 pints of staropramen in Shearers bar and turned into weird rant man. ?? Again I apologise. ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Sorry mate if I caused any unrest. I went out for the match in town ended up having 8 or 9 pints of staropramen in Shearers bar and turned into weird rant man. ?? Again I apologise. ??‍♂️

No need to apologise I’m just glad you had a good skinful 

6 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Hope you pronounced Staropramen correctly.