Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't disagree I'm just making a different point about how blasé people were about Pardew's part in them battering us, at home, with a very good squad and them being very poor and managed by Di Canio. It didn't seem important to a lot of people then and it was really baffling.

If there is one thing guaranteed in this world it's a significant proportion of people pretending not to care about a derby loss like :lol:

Done with football; feel nothing; this apathy is what I've been driven to; etc etc. every time. Was always pure import grade copium then, would still be now.

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

People wanna turn us into the old spurs here, we have the prefect manager here we just overactived last year

This ☝️

Merry Xmas astraguy.

I've read some absolute shit on here lately, culminating in piles upon piles of utter fucking drivel since 5pm yesterday. 

You've just balanced the books. 

"we don't want a team that wins just a team that tries" 

Unless I'm a whingy cunt, that is. 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

This ☝️

Merry Xmas astraguy.

I've read some absolute shit on here lately, culminating in piles upon piles of utter fucking drivel since 5pm yesterday. 

You've just balanced the books. 

"we don't want a team that wins just a team that tries" 

You too !

Same shit happened when Keegan/Sir Bobby left...pep has a hard first year with a better squad,so did klopp 

27 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

“we don't want a team that wins just a team that tries" 

Again, I’m not one of those who thinks that Howe should be under the slightest pressure (or at least additional pressure - being a manager is pressured) at the moment.  But I never, ever agreed with that sentiment and it still pisses me off that a banner somehow got to speak for all of us (i also think it was a club that tries).  I want a team that wins, I’m afraid.  I’ve always wanted that.  I’m not at all happy with watching just a bunch of triers. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Again, I’m not one of those who thinks that Howe should be under the slightest pressure (or at least additional pressure - being a manager is pressured) at the moment.  But I never, ever agreed with that sentiment and it still pisses me off that a banner somehow got to speak for all of us (i also think it was a club that tries).  I want a team that wins, I’m afraid.  I’ve always wanted that.  I’m not at all happy with watching just a bunch of triers. 

It's not even close to the actual quote and nothing closer to the sentiment. 'we don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries'. It's about the lack of ambition under Ashley, nothing about the efforts of the players.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

It's not even close to the actual quote and nothing closer to the sentiment. 'we don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries'. It's about the lack of ambition under Ashley, nothing about the efforts of the players.

Yeah, I thought it was something like that.  I’ll admit I couldn’t be arsed to look it up.

Howe has earned the patience of the fans and the owners. People forget quickly how fabulous he has been for the club after a few below average away performances. This is a man who saved us from certain relegation, who transformed players of next no value (Longstaff, Schar, Almiron, Joelinton, Murphy, Krafth, Lascelles) into dependable Premier League and Champions League players, he has lead us to our first cup final in 20 + years and qualified us for the Champions League for the first time in 20 years. We are 7th in the table. We have beaten Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Aston Villa and PSG all at home this season. These players and the manager have never experienced the fixture congestion and injuries we have seen this season. We are only 2 years into our journey with new owners. Our squad is nowhere near the finished article and we are going to lose matches. Howe has more than enough credit in the bank. If we are losing games with a full squad and a full week inbetween games, then I can understand pressure building. But not yet! 

Guest reefatoon
11 hours ago, Shearergol said:

my point is, you state your views with so much fact that you know with 100% confidence that you, and only you, are right. You’re another person on the internet with pretty average opinions about our manager. Easy as that.

Screenshot_20231218-214434-229.png

Stick the self obsessed knacker on ignore fella, you won’t be disappointed. 

42 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Howe has earned the patience of the fans and the owners. People forget quickly how fabulous he has been for the club after a few below average away performances. This is a man who saved us from certain relegation, who transformed players of next no value (Longstaff, Schar, Almiron, Joelinton, Murphy, Krafth, Lascelles) into dependable Premier League and Champions League players, he has lead us to our first cup final in 20 + years and qualified us for the Champions League for the first time in 20 years. We are 7th in the table. We have beaten Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Aston Villa and PSG all at home this season. These players and the manager have never experienced the fixture congestion and injuries we have seen this season. We are only 2 years into our journey with new owners. Our squad is nowhere near the finished article and we are going to lose matches. Howe has more than enough credit in the bank. If we are losing games with a full squad and a full week inbetween games, then I can understand pressure building. But not yet! 

Great post and basically where I’m at with it. Take this as the lessons learned season. IF, and it is an ‘if’ at this point, we get Europe next season then Eddie needs a squad and style of playing that allows him to be more flexible and rest senior personnel at the right times over the course of a near 60 game season (38 PL, 10 domestic cups, 10 - 15 games in Europe).

I think in some positions - right back - we’re at the point with Tripps and Tino where we can do that, but in so many others we have a cliff edge drop off in quality which means if you take 2-3 out at once we look a shadow of our desired style, especially away from home.

15 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Think he’ll be under some pressure if we lose to Sunderland unfortunately. Our away form is unsustainable. He has to find the answers very soon. 

? 8-0, we only win 8-0! ? 

(caveats: away from home; to teams in red and white stripes)

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We shouldn't have been viewed as being on their level then and I know I didn't. Our squad was miles better and they were beating us comprehensively, at home, with the likes of Colback playing for them and Di Canio managing them. It was unforgivable what Pardew did.

On 15/04/2013 at 14:45, Dr Venkman said:

I'll never ever forgive him for this like, if I didn't think it would get me chinned I'd be making a Pardew out banner right now :lol:

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

All this talk of the derby being a huge deal, yet it was honestly like the majority of our fanbase had been labotomised when Pardew had us getting dicked by them on the reg.

On 11/12/2023 at 16:00, Dr Venkman said:

Loads of our fans still stick up for Pardew, and we’re going to hound EH out after one defeat to these lot? [emoji38]

10 hours ago, Erikse said:

"Next season" is an overused one amongst fans, but whatever happens for the rest of the season I really do think that we will be smashing it next season under Howe, with the experience from this season and a deeper squad. Tonali coming back + the summer window could be huge. We're incredible when we get to play with the intensity in which Howes playstyle demands. Hopefully he will also use the experience from this season to make sure it's sustainable aswell.

The club and Howe need to be brutal over the next 12-18 months. I don't want to see Ritchie, Dummett etc given 1 year extensions. We need to replace these players with players of quality who we can actually use.

3 hours ago, OpenC said:

If there is one thing guaranteed in this world it's a significant proportion of people pretending not to care about a derby loss like :lol:

Done with football; feel nothing; this apathy is what I've been driven to; etc etc. every time. Was always pure import grade copium then, would still be now.

I agree, but I'm talking months after when it was being used as a stick to beat him with and a lot of the general reaction was a shrug and a wey 

He’s not immune to constructive criticism it’s just the nature of the game, but all these takes that his job could be on the line are ridiculous.

The notion that our British owners will be overruled by PIF and fire him are also fanciful, Yasir was on record as saying Eddie was his number 1 choice and it was other members of the consortium who wanted Emery.

From what we’ve seen so far PIF are far more clued up than some of these American owners and they’ll give Howe all the backing in January that they can to improve us.

Eddie and co just need to be careful how they spend it, as this is one of the few criticisms I would lay at his door after the summer.

Edited by Whitley mag