Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I just don't see how its his fault we were outclassed and beaten. Thats the case even when they lose to anybody outside to enshrined elite and the utterly natural order of what should happen.  There's players in that team that wouldn't have been out of place in the scratch Pardew team that won there.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, madras said:

It's not Eddie that spends it. He has a say, as does all the management group, the owners, Nickson, next sporting director etc

This season’s transfer window misfire/misfortune makes me a bit :howe:

Just now, arnonel said:

Been on this forum since 2007 and it's never been this bad.

We were all more united in our hate for Pardew than we are now

Not even sure what it means anymore to be a "supporter"

Guess it means we celebrate when we win and throw eggs when we dont

My thread got took down,but this is what i'm talking about and feared after the takeover/last season.The players trust Eddie i wish most of the melts here would or its back to the post sir bobby sacking

- 2 wins off 6th with 10 games to go and a favourable fixture list

- 2 cup competition QF's with the cuntiest fixture run I've ever seen To get there. (1 minute away from a semi)

-10 minutes away from knockout stages of the CL in the group of death

Who's brave enough to admit that they wouldnt have taken that at the beginning of the season and why? 

Edited by Thumbheed

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

:love:

And attitudes like this are why we'll never be winning. If we accept defeat cos "they're better than us" we'll never get anywhere. We should be looking to win every game regardless of opposition, and until we have that we'll always be the also rans

32 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

And attitudes like this are why we'll never be winning. If we accept defeat cos "they're better than us" we'll never get anywhere. We should be looking to win every game regardless of opposition, and until we have that we'll always be the also rans

This is also a somewhat absurd attitude for a supporter. Some on here avoid context like the plague.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

The only way ordinary teams can beat Man City is keep it tight, hope for a break and bring on subs to change the game. Competing with them is not an option.

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

?

I think we'd be unwise to look elsewhere for another manager. We are talking about him being punished for his own success and for his loyalty to players who helped him achieve that. 

I think if he's still playing Dan burn left back next year then yes, he's clearly not taking us to the next level, but surely he knows that a dynamic leftback is the priority for next season. We just didn't have the money to do it this season due to being well and truly fucked by the authorities

A CM was the priority, and livramento was too good a player to pass on. I guess Barnes was Maxi's replacement even though I would have kept maxi. 

City have gamed the system to get where they are , they're at least 5 years ahead of us. Understanding defeats is not the same as accepting them. I've said many times we have to learn the lessons. That's us as a fanbase, the manager and the entire club. I firmly believe we'll get there and based on his previous season and a half with us I believe (and hope) Eddie can take us there. 

Edited by Keggy_Keagal
poor grammar

Nice 2 week break, warm weather training, some more players back, some better rested and a semi-reset. We've still got a lot to play for in the league and he'll have us coming back fighting for it.

Actually think we'll see a completely different NUFC next season, more akin to last season. So many mitigating circumstances can't just be passed off, could Howe have done better this season? Probably, but he doesn't deserve the sack for failing to swim after having both arms and legs removed.

Edited by Mattoon
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

- 2 cup competition QF's with the cuntiest fixture run I've ever seen To get there. (1 minute away from a semi)

Who's brave enough to admit that they wouldnt have taken that at the beginning of the season and why? 

Ofcourse i wouldnt have taken that. Thats doesnt necessarily mean Howe has done a bad job this season considering the circumstances(if we are looking strictly at the results).

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

A. Give a hot take. B. People criticize your hot take. C. Claim that you guess you can’t even have an opinion. D. Repeat.

Bloody Cliquers piling on the truth tellers tbh. 

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

or when we've had 18 players from a 25 man squad missing for most of the season? players that are champion but Eddie improved?

Just to reiterate for those who seem to think PIF may want Howe out and will be ruthless. Nothing at all since they took over suggests this, in fact it’s quite the opposite.

8 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I mean there are obviously a number of reasons that it hasn't been a disaster but no, I wouldn't have taken that :lol:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Just to reiterate for those who seem to think PIF may want Howe out and will be ruthless. Nothing at all since they took over suggests this, in fact it’s quite the opposite.

But.. But.. They don't settle for anything but The Best

11 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Ofcourse i wouldnt have taken that. Thats doesnt necessarily mean Howe has done a bad job this season considering the circumstances(if we are looking strictly at the results).

You wouldn't have taken all that?

14 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Why would anyone have taken that at the start of the season ?

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This is the first time there has been this run of form since he was appointed, so don't know where the previous comes in. If form improves, I've no doubt he will be in place next season, if not, then I personally think he may well be gone. We will see though, hopefully we will finish the season well.

Edited by et tu brute

TBF to Howe, we've seen the team he wants to play maybe once this season against Aston villa on the opening day, that turned out quite well. I don't think any manager could have done much better with the available resources.