Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Ammount of ppl want transfers to fail so they can fuel their "howeout" agenda shocks me.

A reminder that many of the blue ticks might want to rage bait you in a hope to firm elonbucks.

So we should be mindful about giving them engagement.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I heard Eddie loves all things English so much that he doesn't trust the meat at Lidl or Aldi because it's German.

I’ve also heard he’s been told he needs to start taking his own carrier bags rather than buying them every time - his job depends on it.

1 minute ago, HalloNUFC said:

Ammount of ppl want transfers to fail so they can fuel their "howeout" agenda shocks me.

A reminder that many of the blue ticks might want to rage bait you in a hope to firm elonbucks.

So we should be mindful about giving them engagement.

They just want negativity it seems - it’s reported Bruno wants to move “bastard journalists trying to get rid of our players”, it’s reported we’re trying to buy x and y “bastard club and lack of …”

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I’ve also heard he’s been told he needs to start taking his own carrier bags rather than buying them every time - his job depends on it.

Shit is my wife in charge because I get told the same every time I add more carriers bag’s to the overflowing bag drawer.

Just now, SAK said:

Shit is my wife in charge because I get told the same every time I add more carriers bag’s to the overflowing bag drawer.

😅 same - this is a quote from my daily life

1 hour ago, STM said:

Some absolute whoppers in here mind.... and yes it's because I disagree with your opinion.

Our record in the transfer market is fantastic, especially the players we've signed from these shores.

I don't want us to sign foreign players just to appease a few FM wannabees who think they have the foreign market sussed.

Eddie has forgotten more about football than most (including me) will ever even understand in their lifetime. That doesn't mean to say you aren't entitled to an opinion, it just means that you are likely wrong.

Ah, I think you're right. This is an FM thing isn't it.

Makes so much sense actually. Been wondering what this whole thing has been about.

Want to see their FM favourites from abroad being signed by the club. 

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, I think you're right. This is an FM thing isn't it.

Makes so much sense actually. Been wondering what this whole thing has been about.

Want to see their FM favourites from abroad being signed by the club. 

Probably more so about shopping abroad to make the most out of our limited budget?

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Probably more so about shopping abroad to make the most out of our limited budget?

Who have we overpaid for so far from these shores?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's not really about overpaying. It's about filling the required holes in the squad with a specific budget. If we need 5 players with 80mil, you might only get 2 english players for that. 

11 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

While I understand where you are coming from, the amount of times I've heard people, who are supposed to know who they are talking about, wax lyrical about a foreign player who's signed for an English club and they've done fuck all in this country. It always gets forgotten about.

FYI, I'm not even anti-english players. Eddie can buy who he wants.

But to act like you can't fathom why someone thinks using foreign markets has merit, is strange.

Edited by Weezertron

Just now, Weezertron said:

It's not really about overpaying. It's about filling the required holes in the squad with a specific budget. If we need 5 players with 80mil, you might only get 2 english players for that. 

How do you know the club is not taking all this into consideration?

As always, and especially because of FFP, we need to be cognizant of raising the floor more than raising the ceiling. 

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, KaKa said:

How do you know the club is not taking all this into consideration?

This isn't my argument, and I'm not really interested in it.

I was just irked by your reluctance to see any other point of view other than your own. 

Just now, Weezertron said:

This isn't my argument, and I'm not really interested in it.

I was just irked by your reluctance to see any other point of view other than your own. 

How am I not seeing Anyone else's view?

We do not only avoid signing foreign players, and we do not spend significantly more on the English players that we do sign, and in fact typically only sign them when there is decent value to be had.

And so what exactly are you irked by? The fact that I don't agree with what people are saying because it is inaccurate?

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

To be fair, I don't think it's necessarily about under or overpaying, it's about finding value for money.

Now I think there's quite a lot of snobbery towards Premier League players (look no further than the reaction to Kilman), but there's no doubting you pay a premium.

The Premium is the guarantee of being Premier League ready, but given our limited budget there is a fair argument we should br taking more risks. 

Nickson clearly has an eye for a player and we could be utilising that in cheaper, foreign markets. The percentage of duds may increase, but the budget would go further.

In terms of recruitment, the club have earned our trust, but there's no doubt they value Premier League experience and are willing to pay for it. The question is, is it sustainable?

His biggest issue won’t be buying British players, it will be on our injuries next season.

Last season should be viewed as a freak season injury wise. However, another season like that and fingers will be pointed at his methods.

Just now, KaKa said:

How am I not seeing Anyone else's view?

We do not only avoid signing foreign players, and we do not spend significantly more on the English players that we do sign, and in fact typically only sign them when there is decent value to be had.

And so what exactly are you irked by? The fact that I don't agree with what people are saying because it is inaccurate?

Honestly, it's was probably you dropping condescending solitary smilies left and right on the forum today to any comment you disagreed with. 

It's fine though. I took the bait. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair, I don't think it's necessarily about under or overpaying, it's about finding value for money.

Now I think there's quite a lot of snobbery towards Premier League players (look no further than the reaction to Kilman), but there's no doubting you pay a premium.

The Premium is the guarantee of being Premier League ready, but given our limited budget there is a fair argument we should br taking more risks. 

Nickson clearly has an eye for a player and we could be utilising that in cheaper, foreign markets. The percentage of duds may increase, but the budget would go further.

In terms of recruitment, the club have earned our trust, but there's no doubt they value Premier League experience and are willing to pay for it. The question is, is it sustainable?

I think there was a sound logic in buying a core of Premier League ready players with a sprinkle of foreign talent to take us to a certain point, arguably we are in a position now where we should be taking more risks buying abroad to boost the squad.

Just now, The Prophet said:

The thing is though we don't sign English players at a premium. We always look for good deals.

Looking back the English players we do sign often outplay the foreign signings a lot of people preferred.

Burn has been better than Diego Carlos, Gordon has been better than Moussa Diaby, Targett ended up doing better than that Brazilian that ended up at Forest at the time, Renan Lodi. Just as a few examples.

A good signing is a good signing no matter where from. 

Let's see who comes in and what happens once the games come around. I suspect it will be the same old story.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Honestly, it's was probably you dropping condescending solitary smilies left and right on the forum today to any comment you disagreed with. 

It's fine though. I took the bait. 

We haven't even signed any of these guys and there's talk of how they are holding us back etc.

I'm sorry but it's a bit laughable. Especially because I still remember quite clearly the uproar about the Gordon signing on here.

Now he's everyone's favourite. 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We haven't even signed any of these guys and there's talk of how they are holding us back etc.

I'm sorry but it's a bit laughable. Especially because I still remember quite clearly the uproar about the Gordon signing on here.

Now he's everyone's favourite. 

Must admit I was one of those people who had uproar and that signing was when I vowed not to do it again.