Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

20 hours ago, Skeletor said:

He also likes being away from his family as much as possible :lol: That break between Bournemouth and us must have nearly killed him.

He was out and about a bit mind visiting other clubs. 

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I notice several papers have went in hard with the 'Howe wants the job/Newcastle are a mess again' stories. Absolutely shameless

Of course they will. They are all based in the south and north west. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Of course they will. They are all based in the south and north west. 

Actually think he would be a bad appointment right now, too early for him and doesnt suit his way of managing but the media have decided they want him and fuck nufc

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's in front of the press tomorrow, he's guaranteed to be asked about it. Not that you can take anything he says at face value like.

He won’t answer one way or the other imo.

37 minutes ago, andycap said:

In a way if he don't fancy it at this moment he should say so mind. Let the fans know what's happening. 

Yeah if he genuinely has no intention of leaving he would just make that clear , if he is interested in the job then he will do that thing that players and managers always do when they are interested in a move and leave the door open for it to happen, either way I think we will have a good idea tomorrow if he has any intention of leaving.

13 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Yeah if he genuinely has no intention of leaving he would just make that clear , if he is interested in the job then he will do that thing that players and managers always do when they are interested in a move and leave the door open for it to happen, either way I think we will have a good idea tomorrow if he has any intention of leaving.

How does it look to rule yourself out before any actual  move ? Bit bigheaded?

He'll be tactful as ever when the press mention it and, imo, will only rule it out if there's an official approach.

4 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

I think you'd be perfect. Just don't make the mistake Sam made. We would have won it with you in charge.

Thank you Lee for the encouraging words. Sorry it didn’t work out for you at Forest. Let me know if you go some place else and if they need a manager ;) 

7 minutes ago, madras said:

How does it look to rule yourself out before any actual  move ? Bit bigheaded?

He'll be tactful as ever when the press mention it and, imo, will only rule it out if there's an official approach.

He will obviously get asked about it though , be no harm in saying he is flattered to be linked to it but at this moment in his career it's not something he is looking to do. Would put an end to all the speculation.

Edited by Geogaddi

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

He will obviously get asked about it though , be no harm in saying he is flattered to be linked to it but at this moment in his career it's not something he is looking to do. Would put an end to all the speculation.

Fair point.

On 17/07/2024 at 11:59, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The only worry I have is, Howe knows he’s arguably one bad run away from the sack. At which point the England job will be elsewhere. Young family more time at home and a shot at the World Cup. Could see the sense in it.

If he wanted more time with his family, he could have it now. He chooses to come in very early and leave late, it's not a job requirement. I'm sure if he announced he was "only" going to do 8am to 5pm every day, nobody would bat an eyelid. It's still double the shift Steve Bruce ever put in.

Leaving Newcastle isn't necessary in order to reduce his working hours.