Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, jack j said:

That Dom Solanke signing people used to use as a stick to beat Eddie with didn't end up too badly for Bournemouth did it..

Tbf a manager should sign players that will benefit himself and the team while he’s there, not a couple of managers later.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Tbf a manager should sign players that will benefit himself and the team while he’s there, not a couple of managers later.

The only manager that should take credit for Solanke becoming the player he is now is Iraola.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

I think what's happened here is I have decided to pick the silliest hill to die on here somewhat given that 

a) I don't think Howe will be sacked

b) I don't think Howe deserves to be sacked

c) I think the betting companies are basically wrong

but I do see the chain of logic that gets them to their conclusion. 

And for this minor quibble over essentially semantics I am apparenly pissing the bed. I am mainly wondering a) why everyone is so furious at me for such a minor thing and b) why I bothered to argue this incredibly pedantic minor point in short

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

But why bother your arse over scenarios you don't think will happen?

It's as pointlessly depressive as adding a reminder alarm for every morning in your calendar app with the words "One day closer to Eddie leaving. :(".

4 hours ago, BottledDog said:

But why bother your arse over scenarios you don't think will happen?

It's as pointlessly depressive as adding a reminder alarm for every morning in your calendar app with the words "One day closer to Eddie leaving. :(".

Not sure if you remember, but we were discussing the bookmakers having Howe as favourite to go first, and expressed our opinion about it.

Dunno where to put this, I didn't see a season's predictions thread, but Opta Analyst has us as fifth. 26% chance of getting Top 4, with Chelsea on 31%. I presume this is based on stats like xG, xGa, actual goal difference etc. Chelsea badly underperformed their numbers under Poch, which is probably why they've been put up there. Poch is gone now and we'll have to see whether their new manager from the Champo can organize a Prem defence. For us, I think we need a combination of a fit Isak, enough fitness and energy in midfield to maintain the press, and a fit Pope or the new guy stepping up. It was probably too hot and humid in Japan, but we didn't play with much of a press and our opponents found lots of joy in the half spaces. Conversely, the press was on fire against Girona, and we blew them away.

Depending on the coefficient, fifth might get CL. I'd expect Liverpool to do better than Man U, who lost four games, and Villa just need to avoid the Group of Death and the other little bits of luck we didn't get.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/08/premier-league-predictions-2024-25-opta-supercomputer/

Waugh is on the latest athletic podcast discussing us and for some reason they have Phil Hay on (Leeds United reporter) and he’s absolutely desperate to talk us down, quite shocking like. “Asking if deep down Eddie is desperate to take the England job” :lol:

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Waugh is on the latest athletic podcast discussing us and for some reason they have Phil Hay on (Leeds United reporter) and he’s absolutely desperate to talk us down, quite shocking like. “Asking if deep down Eddie is desperate to take the England job” :lol:

I think most English fans want Howe to be the England manager 

42 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think most English fans want Howe to be the England manager 

Yeah I don’t blame, he is the best they could hope for. 

Chris Waugh was panting a picture of Howe being unsettled as well. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah I don’t blame, he is the best they could hope for. 

Chris Waugh was panting a picture of Howe being unsettled as well. 

I honestly think Howe speaks to the press to get information to the fans, he doesn't seem to to have favorites or give them to many sensational stories, I think they get frustrated with him so make up these fake narratives to fabricate a story.

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He's bang on. I wish we'd worked faster this window but we shouldn't forget we have some absolutely class footballers, many of them hungry characters with their careers ahead of them rather than behind, led by an exciting & innovative coaching team. Even if we signed nobody else, there's still plenty to be excited about this season.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's bang on. I wish we'd worked faster this window but we shouldn't forget we have some absolutely class footballers, many of them hungry characters with their careers ahead of them rather than behind, led by an exciting & innovative coaching team. Even if we signed nobody else, there's still plenty to be excited about this season.

Definitely. Night before Christmas vibes. Not long now :indi:

“I want the Newcastle supporters to turn up on Saturday believing we are capable of greatness, great things, and long term success”.