Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Can't see him lasting past christmas if we're outside the top 6 by then.

Of course he will last. We are still behind top6  in terms of quality and money. It requires us to overperform and at least one of them (ManU or Chelsea most likely) to fuck it up.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

we looked better when we stopped the 4-4-2 stuff.

Trippier also understands the position and role in the team far more than Livramento at the moment. Makes a big difference.

Aye, I said similar in the match thread. Tino is really reluctant to overlap, he stays so deep. Kelly obviously the same on the other side too. 

So important in modern football for at least one of your fullbacks to be pushing the opposition back. 

I think our style of play is predictable and only really works when we’re 100%. We need to work towards a more possession based game and this should really have been addressed in the transfer market over the last 3 months. It feels like we just try to force things every time we have ball and we just end up losing it quickly.

Just now, Andy said:

Aye, I said similar in the match thread. Tino is really reluctant to overlap, he stays so deep. Kelly obviously the same on the other side too. 

So important in modern football for at least one of your fullbacks to be pushing the opposition back. 

I really like Tino but he was poor in all of the pre-season games I watched and has offered zero offensively in the first two games. We could really do with hanging on to Tripps this season.

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

we looked better when we stopped the 4-4-2 stuff.

Trippier also understands the position and role in the team far more than Livramento at the moment. Makes a big difference.

Howe was having Tino cut waaay inside for the first half. When Tripps came on Howe had him stay wide. Changed the game and not entirely Tino's fault.

Well we were shit for very long spells last season. Lots of excuses why which I’ll reluctantly accept.

But so far this season we have played extremely poorly in both games, somehow managing to collect 4 points but that luck won’t last forever if we keep playing like that.

Are we far enough away from the days of Steve Bruce to just be able to judge a downward slide?

Aside from a few at the back, that was mostly a strong side out there today. We look afraid of the ball, unable to play against teams who press, no plan b seemingly. Don’t even know our best 11.

Last summer and this summers windows have been poor. I’ll put an asterisk on Tonali because he can be quality but 80m collectively on Tino and Hall doesn’t look like money well spent right now.

We’ve also splashed out 15m on someone who’s sat in the bench for 2 games when it’s been screaming out for a bit of pace and hustle.

I’m not screaming for his job but for fuck sake Eddie, time to do better.

Edited by Dr Jinx

We were too direct first half. Looking for killer balls all the time and then having to spend the next 5 minutes in a low block, with no pressure on the ball.

Once Joelinton was able to turn and run through their midfield with the ball, we created decent chances.

They dropped off massively, maybe their fitness wasn't as good as ours, but felt we dominated second half barring one or two spells from them.

Edited by dcmk