Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

You missed the opposition literally throwing away a golden opportunity in the penalty shootout? Those two Forest misses were a gift from the footballing Gods.

Meh.

Forest created little. Newcastle haven't been great in the opening three, but they haven't been lucky either. 

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Problem with our squad/manager is when our intensity isn't 100% we don't look dangerous as we don't have that quality to pick a team a part. Maybe we do with Barnes Gordon and Isak if all 3 start.

We lack that KDB, Bruno F, Odegaard, Palmer type player.

Olise would have been perfect

Those players you mention are our Willock.  If he keeps injury free (I know) then we have one of the best.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Meh.

Forest created little. Newcastle haven't been great in the opening three, but they haven't been lucky either. 

Bournemouth’s disallowed goal? 

Anyway it’s the fact that we have been so poor for all of our games so far is what concerns me. If this was just one bad game in isolation then I wouldn’t be too concerned but to look so disjointed at this stage has alarm bells ringing for me. Hopefully Sunday will finally see us clicking up a gear though.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Anyway it’s the fact that we have been so poor for all of our games so far is what concerns me. If this was just one bad game in isolation then I wouldn’t be too concerned but to look so disjointed at this stage has alarm bells ringing for me. Hopefully Sunday will finally see us clicking up a gear though.

And still undefeated!

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

The handball you mean?

Or what about the red card where Schar didn't touch Brereton Diaz? And we didn't get a decision all game.

We haven't been lucky. We've been on the right and wrong side of decisions as happens in any season and we've come out with results through perseverance.

Agree that we need to move up a gear on Sunday, or several though.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

can ye not enjoy tonight and leave the whingeing till tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Heron said:

The handball you mean?

Or what about the red card where Schar didn't touch Brereton Diaz? And we didn't get a decision all game.

We haven't been lucky. We've been on the right and wrong side of decisions as happens in any season and we've come out with results through perseverance.

Agree that we need to move up a gear on Sunday, or several though.

It looked like the ball rolled off the upper part of his shirted arm to me, tbh. So, yeah I think that was lucky. And Joelinton was lucky not to get sent off.

Schar’s sending off was pathetic, but mainly because the rules are pathetic rather than bad luck on our part.

Everyone is just buzzing tonight after winning the shootout, so I understand the defiance in some of the posts. But the tone on these threads would have been very different if we had lost it.

Just now, Wandy said:

It looked like the ball rolled off the upper part of his shirted arm to me, tbh. So, yeah I think that was lucky. And Joelinton was lucky not to get sent off.

Schar’s sending off was pathetic, but mainly because the rules are pathetic rather than bad luck on our part.

Everyone is just buzzing tonight after winning the shootout, so I understand the defiance in some of the posts. But the tone on these threads would have been very different if we had lost it.

but we didnt lose it.

I guess we have to consider the possibility this is going to be a tight tight league this year i.e. almost all the conventionally good teams will struggle against all the conventional makeweights, and the victors will be those who grind the most points out of each battle. Haven't had enough games to see that play out yet. Hope it's true, for our sake.

As I've found myself saying several times before before, in spite of various negatives I could talk about, there's a team spirit in the club which keeps driving us through. So long as we've got that, we've got a chance.

15 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Forest's keeper made 2-3 outstanding saves -- Sandro's with his foot. Miggy's shot and Hall's shot. 

Nah mate, we were very fortunate because they scored from a long throw and missed couple of penalties. :iamatwat:

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

I guess we have to consider the possibility this is going to be a tight tight league this year i.e. almost all the conventionally good teams will struggle against all the conventional makeweights, and the victors will be those who grind the most points out of each battle. Haven't had enough games to see that play out yet. Hope it's true, for our sake.

As I've found myself saying several times before before, in spite of various negatives I could talk about, there's a team spirit in the club which keeps driving us through. So long as we've got that, we've got a chance.

TeamSpirit.jpg.b70d4d689cb3091a83c2aa63e7c65661.jpg

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Thought he got his team and subs spot on today. Huge shame Wee Joe went off but much needed minutes into the players and it’s probably no surprise we were all over them late on.  

I'd like another attacker to come in, but just posting here to say that we finished the game yesterday with Harvey Barnes looking lively and linking well with Tino on the right. This is the opposite to when we scored against Bournemouth, when Barnes and Gordon were the other way around.

They are both quite two footed, Barnes has scored something like 25% of his goals with his weaker foot.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We haven’t even been that bad. People are rattled because of the PSR sales and transfer window. We have a class manager and a great team. Barring loads of injuries we will have a good season. 

It's also been three games. :lol: