Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

27 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Pep has always gone for the easiest gigs. 

Reckon he'll go for PSG, or one of the Milan clubs if he wants a new country.

If he takes a National team it will be Spain imo.

No chance he manages Spain imo owing to his Catalan roots.

13 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

There is a universe where the outgoing City DOF whose name I'm not going to butcher comes to us, and subsequently convinces Pep to join us when Eddie reluctantly takes the offer for the England job. 

But we don’t live in that universe. 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

The Sun really want Howe out of Newcastle, on Friday they were tipping him for the England job today he's apparently off to Spurs.

It's obviously a combination of shit stirring and wishful thinking, but it's not the worst shout tbf. Big Ange does look on ropey ground at Spurs, and should Howe leave, there won't be any shortage of clubs ready to take him on. It's far more likely he'd take another PL job than the England job.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's obviously a combination of shit stirring and wishful thinking, but it's not the worst shout tbf. Big Ange does look on ropey ground at Spurs, and should Howe leave, there won't be any shortage of clubs ready to take him on. It's far more likely he'd take another PL job than the England job.

I don't see Howe as being an international manager despite him being perfect for the England job. I think he enjoys the day to day too much...

9 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't see Howe as being an international manager despite him being perfect for the England job. I think he enjoys the day to day too much...

Exactly. He's a football obsessive, I'm sure he'd be honoured to take the England job but that will be a long way down the line IMO, once he's fulfilled his ambitions at club level.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

With him been a workaholic could you not see him taking it but stay in club management at the same time? 

I don't foresee England or any given club wanting that to be honest. I kinda feel that managers are all in for one entity nowadays.

2 hours ago, Heron said:

Not sure like. I can see him turning up at clubs’ training grounds checking out players and overseeing their progress.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why do you say he’s perfect for the England job? 

He's English. :lol:

That, and he is the best English manager - plays good football, has a good temperament, gets the most out of players, etc. Think it would reinvigorate folks interest in the national side.

Don't want him to go, of course.

6 hours ago, Heron said:

He's English. :lol:

That, and he is the best English manager - plays good football, has a good temperament, gets the most out of players, etc. Think it would reinvigorate folks interest in the national side.

Don't want him to go, of course.

It's not about whos the best club manager, managing an international team is completely different. You don't get to do the same man management stuff. You don't get to refine a style of playing through daily hours of training, and to go get the ideal players you need for that style to work.

Just now, Erikse said:

It's not about whos the best club manager, managing an international team is completely different. You don't get to do the same man management stuff. You don't get to refine a style of playing through daily hours of training, and to go get the ideal players you need for that style to work.

Don't agree with that, the manager decides who they call up including players they feel will fit what they want to do.  Agree with the rest.

8 hours ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Linked to MUFC in the Express

they’re just regurgitating an article from ‘give me sport’ where they say Man Utd ‘could consider Howe’.

load of bollocks, basically 

8 hours ago, McDog said:

Don't agree with that, the manager decides who they call up including players they feel will fit what they want to do.  Agree with the rest.

You do have a large pool, especially as an England coach. But you can't buy players from other national teams if they are a better fit than what you've got to choose from. Clubs usually have a better balance and cohesion than national teams. Ofcourse there are expeptions depending on the pool, like Spain right now.

It can probably be done with England, but for example the pool of left backs is kind of meh at the moment (to my understanding). To find someone good enough at left back is already a struggle, nevermind someone who suits your style of play.

Edited by Erikse