Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

33 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Sticking with him as set penis coach speaks volumes about flawed loyalty and the inability to see a problem and move to fix it! What’s the point of all these stats programmes if the fan in the street can see glaring repeated problem areas and the people paid to sort this can’t. That’s just one repetitive issue. There are more.

:howe:

(Have always wanted to do that)

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think we had like one ”big chance created” more than Brighton. We played well in the 1st half until the last third. We were dominant but we barely created anything despite that. I read a lot of “IF he had scored this and that”. You see top teams and players miss chances every game, but the good ones create enough chances for a couple to go in at least. 

This is true but creating a couple of 1 v 1 situations for your two best attackers should really result in a goal. And a penalty would have made it a nice easy time. 

I can’t remember Brighton’s big chances actually, maybe the one Burn blocked. 

Of course if you created 10 big chances none of this matters. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is true but creating a couple of 1 v 1 situations for your two best attackers while really result in a goal. And a penalty would have made it a nice easy time. 

I can’t remember Brighton’s big chances actually, maybe the one Burn blocked. 

Of course if you created 10 big chances none of this matters. 

I don’t think it was a penalty. Had we got that one against us I’d be fuming. I also don’t think Gordon’s 1v1 was that clear. He was under some pressure from the defender and not that close to goal. He should have done slightly better though. Like at least work the keeper a bit. An in form Isak probably goes around the keeper so that should really have been a goal. But point stands, we didn’t create THAT much. 

I'm sure this was our best start to a season in like 29yrs after four games.

So obviously Howe is doing something right, the football and what the players are showing us on the pitch so far this season doesn't represent what Eddie Howe pushed for in his first 18 months, I think if he had a fully fit squad, and there was absolutely no influence from above, you'd likely see Livramento and Hall both dropped, his favoured back four would be Trippier Shar Botman Burn. 

I just feel he's now being told what to do with players especially ones aging, as those above him look to phase aging players out, Miggy, Trippier, Wilson, perhaps if we had more CB cover Burn might find himself in the firing line.

Obviously this approach is sensible long term, but those managers that have a trusted system and trust senior players more, don't always like influence from those above. 

Edited by mighty__mag

There’s absolutely no way he’s being told who to pick. Hall has played himself into the team because he’s been really good, at RB there’s no other option. 

FWIW if he prefers Burn to Hall at LB then he should be sectioned, never mind influenced from above. 

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm sure this was our best start to a season in like 29yrs after four games.

So obviously Howe is doing something right, the football and what the players are showing us on the pitch so far this season doesn't represent what Eddie Howe pushed for in his first 18 months, I think if he had a fully fit squad, and there was absolutely no influence from above, you'd likely see Livramento and Hall both dropped, his favoured back four would be Trippier Shar Botman Burn. 

I just feel he's now being told what to do with players especially ones aging, as those above him look to phase aging players out, Miggy, Trippier, Wilson, perhaps if we had more CB cover Burn might fund himself in the firing line.

Obviously this approach is sensible long term, but those managers that have a trusted system and trust senior players more, don't always like influence from those above. 

Well that would make it even more baffling why we’ve spent closer to 100m on Hall, Tino and Osula. If (hypothetically speaking) that’s his preferred back four. While having no creative wide player or a striker he believes in, apart from two not so reliable fitness wise, especially CW. Could add Barnes to that. 

(Barnes is quality when it comes to finishing, but I would have preferred something else to what Barnes/Gordon offer) 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Everything around the club feels rather stale at the moment.

I feel for Howe because the bigger issue in my eyes is the overall strategic direction of the club, on and off the pitch, we seem to have hit a glass ceiling for progress.

Hopefully as Eddie says “it clicks” and we  also have a good January window. We know how things can change but I get what you mean about staleness. I’m desperate for our £10million plus add ons 3rd choice striker to be given a go. He might just get a goal or 2, can’t do much worse than our current ones can he? [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Everything around the club feels rather stale at the moment.

I feel for Howe because the bigger issue in my eyes is the overall strategic direction of the club, on and off the pitch, we seem to have hit a glass ceiling for progress.

I agree. Also the power play from Howe and Mitchell before/during the summer hasn’t exactly helped. Should have kept that shite indoors. All it did was creating unnecessary speculation and negative vibes which helps no one. 

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Just feels like Aston Villa have stolen our narrative. 

They’ve been smart sellers - we haven’t. They’ve utilized free transfers for actually gamechanging players (Tielemans and Kamara) - we haven’t. They adapt to different competitions and opposition - we don’t (or maybe should be can’t).

Most were saying they would have a lot harder season due to Champions League  and that might yet come true but so far Emery’s been having a blinder since taking over. 

12 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

They’ve been smart sellers - we haven’t. They’ve utilized free transfers for actually gamechanging players (Tielemans and Kamara) - we haven’t. They adapt to different competitions and opposition - we don’t (or maybe should be can’t).

Most were saying they would have a lot harder season due to Champions League  and that might yet come true but so far Emery’s been having a blinder since taking over. 

They also have a truly world class manager (not a slight on Howe).

Do people watch Villa in detail for full games? 

They’re doing well but I find the envy of them a bit over the top. We’re roughly in the same stage of our development and we started from a much worse position. 

I was so fucking pumped for this season. Genuinely couldn’t wait. Then the club fucked it all with weird off field shite and now awful on field performances. 

[emoji38] Thats my biggest gripe. They’ve ruined what was meant to be a great time for me. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do people watch Villa in detail for full games? 

They’re doing well but I find the envy of them a bit over the top. We’re roughly in the same stage of our development and we started from a much worse position. 

Is this true? They were heading down with Gerrard in the season we qualified for the champions’ league 

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I was so fucking pumped for this season. Genuinely couldn’t wait. Then the club fucked it all with weird off field shite and now awful on field performances. 

[emoji38] Thats my biggest gripe. They’ve ruined what was meant to be a great time for me. 

2/3 of a season to go. 

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Is this true? They were heading down with Gerrard in the season we qualified for the champions’ league 

Their heading down wasn't as sure a thing as ours was with Bruce. 

Both cases show what a difference a manager makes mind. 

3 hours ago, Smal said:

similar story against Everton (the strength of the white arrows indicates the frequency of combinations):

image.thumb.png.6ccc47db1088de4142e395eefed2ddfb.png

I think Bruno has been really poor this season. Need a lot more from him.

I think we’re just a very poorly coached side with the ball. Which I don’t understand as Bournemouth under Howe were great for the quality they had, so with Bruno and Tonali, you’d expect to be able to boss midfield with someone competent with them.

It’s a part of our game that’s been crap since start of last season, and just never looks like changing/improving. And to challenge the top boys, you’ve got to be good with the ball. We could bring in Foden / KDB, and I’d expect us to still be awful with the ball as the style wouldn’t change.

1 hour ago, JoeyBartoon said:

I still think player loyalty will end up costing Howe in the long run. Bringing Miggy and Longstaff on for the last 15 mins was crazy

Loyalty to shit players, the set piece coach, Dubravka as number 2 despite fucking off to Man U and throwing them in for most of last season. There’s a real loser’s mentality about it. I get the cultivation of togetherness but that clearly isn’t working any longer.

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I think we’re just a very poorly coached side with the ball. Which I don’t understand as Bournemouth under Howe were great for the quality they had

They really weren’t mind. And they went down.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Loyalty to shit players, the set piece coach, Dubravka as number 2 despite fucking off to Man U and throwing them in for most of last season. There’s a real loser’s mentality about it. I get the cultivation of togetherness but that clearly isn’t working any longer.

He’s dropped almost all the players that everyone said he’s too loyal to. Pretty much only Jacob Murphy is even a decision. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

They really weren’t mind. And they went down.

Huh? Bournemouth were a good footballing side for their sum of their quality. All went wrong last season as they were shipping goals by playing naive football and not scoring as much. 

It’s also slightly different when it’s Bournemouth and most of the opposition come at you. I said a while back that we should try and become slightly more possession based to mix it up. That we need this along with some more creativity to evolve to the next level otherwise we would find it quite hard as the opposition, especially “lesser teams” will learn how take a lot of our transitional play away (space).