Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He’s done a job and half since he’s come in with some terrible bad luck thrown in,Was it our goalkeeping coach that got injured aswell as many of our main men last year…Anderson and the winger flogged…We got the media & cartel bastards watching every move we make aswell

Hope he’s backed for the next few transfer windows

Im sure we used to be quite good with set pieces in his first 12-18 months or am I making that up, quite sure I remember some innovative stuff 

Edited by Andy84

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

At times yeah. 

I thought the first 25 minutes against Brighton was fantastic football.  We blew them away without the just rewards.  Today we more than matched Chelsea and just missed out by poor finishing and sloppy passes.  We are more than ok and will beat Chelsea on Wednesday.

33 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

My issue is he doesn't seem to be addressing multiple issues with the team. 

Set pieces. Weak midfield. The RW issue. Routine subs. 

I don’t want another manager. I want him to be who I thought he’d be. A progressive, always learning young coach. 

The suicidal high defensive line with 2 very slow CBs is infuriating as well. Playing it away against a team full of pace and one of the most creative players in world football pulling the strings was at best high risk and at worst negligent. 

53 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Summer transfer window was horrendous and is the reason we’re doing so badly. No idea who to blame for it. But pretending everything is fine is weird.

I think everything is fine.  Just out of luck at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Serious question (And I think the answer is no), if we lose the next 3 games before the international break does he get sacked?

Just fuck off with that shite man back to the mackem board.

I think there's just too many things heading in the wrong direction right now. Things seem to have regressed both on and off the pitch and any momentum that the club had a year ago has essentially vanished, that's not all on Howe obviously, I still think he's done a brilliant job all things considered. However, I'm not sure how much patience his bosses will be willing to have or how much time/money he'll be allowed going forward. ON the pitch we look a shadow of ourselves these days, the aggression has disappeared, the press is so diluted it's often non-existant, the shithousing has vanished and that hunger and desire that was so obvious has also gone imo. We used to be the fixture everyone dreaded but we're back to being a nice opponent again. We look lethargic and predictable, we're easy to nullify and we're carved open several times each week. By Howe's own standards we've clearly taken several steps back and I'd hate to see this current team have to visit SJP in 2022 to play that team, it would be a massacre

There's obviously mitigating factors and he's been let down by those off the field too mind, this isn't all on Howe. You expect the off-field management to step up and get shit done and they simply haven't. To go an entire summer and end it weaker is disgraceful. The relationship with Mitchell needs to be solidified/clarified and shit needs to happen in January. The commercial team also need to step up and get every penny they can into the club, don't care how egregious the deals are, get the cash into the club and invest it immediately. Howe's been let down but he's not going to be given as long as we'd like to rectify it. He's ultimately responsible for results and performances and those have been below his own benchmark for a while now. Not sure how much time he has left to turn it around 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

What, and be like you? :lol:

Like pretty much everyone does.

“Isaks a bit off form eh?”

“WHAT, can you not remember Rivière?!!!”

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

The suicidal high defensive line with 2 very slow CBs is infuriating as well. Playing it away against a team full of pace and one of the most creative players in world football pulling the strings was at best high risk and at worst negligent. 

I agree with our defensive issues but Chelsea were shitting themselves when we attacked.

Honestly find it madness that people questioning Howe already after slow start purely because we've seen a lot of managers have dips or slow starts or lulls In their tenure. Look at other clubs, Bournemouth, Forest, Arteta at Arsenal after his first year and Klopp when they dropped off for that matter. 

Recruitment in summer let him down plus a lot of distractions at board level, they need to back him in Jan.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Nah, we haven't. We were rubbish by all accounts at Fulham and got at least a half at Wolves, and I'd be tempted to pin that adjective on most of today as well. But other than that we've been average-to-decent, and equal parts clinical (early on) and wasteful (now).

We've got tenth and a cup run all over us this season, imo.

We'll struggle to beat a top side or most Prem teams away from home in the cup if we keep playing like this, Wednesday is a big test after losing today too. 

Id be surprised if Howe wasn't sacked if we finished 10th too. A lot has been invested in the squad for two seasons without Europe. Hopefully we can just turn a corner quickly. Two wins next would go a long way.

Edited by Decky

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

It was a question you doughnut.

It shouldn't even enter your mind ...... tit!

Edited by Rod

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Honestly find it madness that people questioning Howe already after slow start purely because we've seen a lot of managers have dips or slow starts or lulls In their tenure. Look at other clubs, Bournemouth, Forest, Arteta at Arsenal after his first year and Klopp when they dropped off for that matter. 

Recruitment in summer let him down plus a lot of distractions at board level, they need to back him in Jan.

Did recruitment let him down in the summer, or was he part of the issue, does backing him in January mean giving him players like Guehi and Elanga ?

The most likely scenario is that he’s still here in January, however any signings will fit in with Mitchell’s strategy and that in itself might bring things to a head again.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

We resorting to name calling for different opinions in this thread already? :lol: Thought that wouldn't happen until at least after Arsenal.

It’s Rod, it’s what he does.

19 minutes ago, J7 said:

Like pretty much everyone does.

“Isaks a bit off form eh?”

“WHAT, can you not remember Rivière?!!!”

It was that we've been absolutely shite for a year and are honking, but if you think that's the same thing, fair enough I suppose. :lol:

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Did recruitment let him down in the summer, or was he part of the issue, does backing him in January mean giving him players like Guehi and Elanga ?

The most likely scenario is that he’s still here in January, however any signings will fit in with Mitchell’s strategy and that in itself might bring things to a head again.

I think more so the owners could of potentially handled the FFP side better to allow more funding, I think we need to see what the transfers are like in January 

23 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

OK, let's say I agree with you, especially the the centre backs (see how easy it is to spell centre backs).  Do you therefore think we should abandon our whole game plan and play with our defence on the 18 yard line or replace the CB's (sorry) with quicker personnel?  Where are these quicker/faster centre backs?

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s Rod, it’s what he does.

Howay man!  The tears and tantrums on here are pathetic.  Newcastle fans, my arse!