Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

When we are chasing I'd try alsorts to get back into it. 

That way you keep your best players on the park and in turn gives you a better chance of scoring. 

_20241027_170101.JPG

Edited by andycap

1 hour ago, Pata said:

I’m honestly wondering if I watched a different match to most people. Are we really expecting now to go to Stamford Bridge and dominate against an in form Chelsea that have spent infinite money lately? We were pretty much equal with them and on a different day walk away with 1 or 3 points. We pressed them high and caused all kinds of problems to them. It wasn’t perfect but we’re not Man City. Yet I see so many call that performance unacceptable, limp or lacking in everything.

There’s been a significant uptick in performances since Man City and we’ve deserved so much more from those matches after the lacklustre start to the season. Individual errors and key players not performing like they should is the main problem right now and leading to unfavourable results. I’m confident we’ll beat Chelsea at home and will cause problems to Arsenal. Honestly should just stay away from here after a bad result, the knee-jerking is embarrassing even after a decent performance like today or Brighton last week.

We’re 12th with 2 games coming up that we realistically aren’t getting much if anything from. You can make all the excuses you want but football is about results and it demonstrably isn’t working. Every issue we have can be directly traced for a failure to address both problem positions and an evolved way of playing.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We’re 12th with 2 games coming up that we realistically aren’t getting much if anything from. You can make all the excuses you want but football is about results and it demonstrably isn’t working. Every issue we have can be directly traced for a failure to address both problem positions and an evolved way of playing.

That's just your choice of excuse tbf. Another excuse you might choose could be that Isak (and previously Gordon) are fucking up simple chances.

8 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Gyokeres. 

Lovely bit of business that from everyone’s favourite Brighton by the way, selling him three years ago for one million pounds. I’m sure our fanbase would handle that well. 

Edited by Pata

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's just your choice of excuse tbf. Another excuse you might choose could be that Isak (and previously Gordon) are fucking up simple chances.

Isak has been playing injured / out of sharpness most of the season. Can see he’s fed up with the club - see Bruno also. The fact Callum Wilson is our backup is on the manger and above. 

Isak and Gordon scored 37 goals between them (I think) last season. There’s too much responsibility on them stemming from the fact there’s absolutely nothing coming from the RW (failure to address) and we refuse to play with a midfielder capable of scoring them coming from deep. You cannot just absolve the manger - this is his team.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Isak has been playing injured / out of sharpness most of the season. Can see he’s fed up with the club - see Bruno also. The fact Callum Wilson is our backup is on the manger and above. 

Isak and Gordon scored 37 goals between them (I think) last season. There’s too much responsibility on them stemming from the fact there’s absolutely nothing coming from the RW (failure to address) and we refuse to play with a midfielder capable of scoring them coming from deep. You cannot just absolve the manger - this is his team.

Obviously Eddie hasn't solely to blame to suggest so would be churlish at best. But as Ron has highlighted the above factors certainly are his responsibility he's built this time which he seemingly can't get the best out of at great expense to boot. 

To take a step Into the hypothetical, If I ever see us lined up without Isak and Gordon I can be almost certain we won't be winning. :lol:

We're approaching 2025 and were still seeing Murphy and Almiron get games. The fact that he can't get a tune out of Tonali is concerning. I'm still baffled at his hard on for Guehi all summer, very frustrated in general so far this season.

I feel like earlier results didn't really tell whole story as to how poor we've actually been, and bar the City performance which IMO we were excellent. - we are exactly where we should be table wise.

We have lost that fear factor that we used to have when teams played us, incredibly hard to break down and absolutely lethal on the counter.

Edited by Menace

33 minutes ago, Pata said:

Lovely bit of business that from everyone’s favourite Brighton by the way, selling him three years ago for one million pounds. I’m sure our fanbase would handle that well. 

He wasn't ready to be fair.

Coventry stint was the making of him in the end.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I'm even fearing the Nottingham away after those at this point. They are in great form, and we're still a bit clueless away from home.

46 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Obviously these are cherry picked to highlight a narrative but such regressions do lean towards us being found out 

Which is what happens when you stand still in the transfer market - teams absolutely know how to play against us, and so far Howe hasn’t found the answer to it. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which is what happens when you stand still in the transfer market - teams absolutely know how to play against us, and so far Howe hasn’t found the answer to it. 

For sure this is apart of a handful of issues. The worrying thing for me is I don't see how we change it. We've built a squad to play in one very specific way and if that doesn't work we are just a disjointed team who are quite easy to play against.

We must be the only squad in the premier league who don't have a capable 6 or a capable 10. We are so unbalanced and fixing it requires a lot of pain. 

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yep. That's easily what's got me most concerned today. There were no discernible patterns and players were often miles away from each other. Then you've got our attackers going rogue with their heads down, trying to play the hero. 

I can't really go after anyone who might say today that we don't look like a well coached team. Incoherent is the word. 

I still find it so odd, even though it's clear to my eyes. The team he managed after 5 months of being here most likely whips his team after 3 years. More inventive, more composed, more cohesive, more determined. And I would credit the victory to the manager of that team.

Does anyone remember when Dan Burn started talking to him in a post match interview about 'pattern 4' or whatever in our attacking play, and Eddie closed the conversation down? Accurately or not, I think of that as pretty much being the borderline of when we went from canny to chaotic in our play.

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

For sure this is apart of a handful of issues. The worrying thing for me is I don't see how we change it. We've built a squad to play in one very specific way and if that doesn't work we are just a disjointed team who are quite easy to play against.

We must be the only squad in the premier league who don't have a capable 6 or a capable 10. We are so unbalanced and fixing it requires a lot of pain. 

We once have some so called plan B players that can change the game by offering something else.

And we celebrate their leaving because they “couldn’t break into the starting lineup” or “simply doesn’t fit Howe’s tactics”

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

We once have some so called plan B players that can change the game by offering something else.

And we celebrate their leaving because they “couldn’t break into the starting lineup” or “simply doesn’t fit Howe’s tactics”

Which players are you referring to exactly? 

1 minute ago, Zero said:

ASM, Wood,

Asm was sold to help offset psr, also was on the injury prone side. 

Selling Chris wood was 100% the correct decision as he was on the large rather poor for us and both his style and overall level isn't sufficient for where we want to be. 

6 hours ago, Pata said:

I’m honestly wondering if I watched a different match to most people. Are we really expecting now to go to Stamford Bridge and dominate against an in form Chelsea that have spent infinite money lately? We were pretty much equal with them and on a different day walk away with 1 or 3 points. We pressed them high and caused all kinds of problems to them. It wasn’t perfect but we’re not Man City. Yet I see so many call that performance unacceptable, limp or lacking in everything.

There’s been a significant uptick in performances since Man City and we’ve deserved so much more from those matches after the lacklustre start to the season. Individual errors and key players not performing like they should is the main problem right now and leading to unfavourable results. I’m confident we’ll beat Chelsea at home and will cause problems to Arsenal. Honestly should just stay away from here after a bad result, the knee-jerking is embarrassing even after a decent performance like today or Brighton last week.

It's not "knee-jerk". They're inherently miserable and opinionated with it. Also full of shit, there is that too 😉

Seen some kid say Eddie Howe isn't tactical 😂😂😂😂😂🤡s