Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

More and more convinced that he can lead us all the way to where we want to go.

Imagine once he has a deep squad of all top class players and we can play our high intensity style for 90 minutes every game.

It will be immense.

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Defo got Ten Hag's number now. That's 3 in a row. Shame the cup final came before that, when we were in a rough patch of form, but since then he has totally bossed his opposite number :D

Agreed. My one negative post takeover is the cup final in February. We are much better than then in every dept  but for some reason we froze on the day. Play that game now and we piss on them like we have done the last 3 games. 

I thought I loved Rafa Benitez. Was gutted when he left. This is on a different level. I tune into every interview. Never done that before with any other manager. I was playing football manager the other night and I noticed in 2028 Bournemouth have changed their stadium name to Eddie Howe Stadium. Going back and looking at what he did for that club from league 2 - nearly dropping out of the top tier, points deduction, gaining back to back promotions at that level is unheard of. I really had no clue how special what he accomplished there was. Going back in the past few seasons and looking at that, I think its much less of a surprise to see what he's doing with our squad. I would argue that what he did at bournemouth is probably slightly more impressive than this - which is already one of the most impressive managerial feats in premier league history.

We are VERY lucky to have Eddie. I hope he stays forever and I hope we are patient with him when the squad inevitably (surely?) has a rough patch in the next season or two.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We're a superbly well coached outfit. Just got to accept due to the fatigue in the first eleven, we will get the odd Bournemouth-esque result now and again.

The Premier League is so competitive man. No opponent or match is a guarantee.

The over reaction to that Bournemouth result was silly.

Already seen Wolves beat Man City this season. I don't know why so many can't deal with the odd bad result.

It is worth considering that the best NUFC days I’d experienced before this were under KK and Bobby Robson.  And one thing neither of them managed was beating the top sides as often as Howe manages - and English football is at a far higher level today than then, with a much broader range of good sides (the current top half is filled with really good sides - this Man Utd side isn’t shite, it’s just poor relative to Man Utd sides of the recent past). 

9 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Still a bit mixed against the top sides

But still overall positive which is excellent. If you aren't mixed against the top sides you are in a title race, that level will be us in a couple years :)

He's a miracle worker! To think half the squad was here struggling under Bruce, and are now looking like they could beat any team in the world.

I guess you can't win them all, but it totally feels like we've deserved every point we've got this season, and arguably at least 4 or 5 more. 

Yep. Said the other day during the PSG game to a few mates. Why do pundits and other fans keep saying we’ll out grow Howe? Is he not the main reason we are where we are?! 

We will keep developing as a club and he will as a manager. He should be here for a long time and I hope that ends up being the case. 

22 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yep. Said the other day during the PSG game to a few mates. Why do pundits and other fans keep saying we’ll out grow Howe? Is he not the main reason we are where we are?! 

We will keep developing as a club and he will as a manager. He should be here for a long time and I hope that ends up being the case. 

It’s called copium they are desperate to lump him in the mark Hughes bracket when it’s clear he belongs in the Klopp Guardiola one. 

The Man City parallels are so bad.  Football has moved on. FFP has meant that route is not possible. We cannot have a Robinho phase.  We cannot buy up players from our rivals.  We have to do things differently.  

We have to buy talented players who are determined to make it to the top and will fight for it. As they grow we will grow. Same with the manager.  

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

He’s the number one reason we’ve done so well. What he’s done is spectacular. 

Imagine next season. More squad depth and probably less injuries and suspension (Tonali). Probably easier fixtures in Europe and the Carabao Cup aswell. I'm laughing at all the people who said that Howe can't take us to the next level. Based on what?

Edited by Erikse

He's going to be our Klopp/Guardiola and have a reign at the club. You see the burning desire in him to be the best and it translates to the players. We've had an excitable few weeks going from the low at Bournemouth to the high of Chelsea, the heartbreak of Paris and then the performance last night with a wafer thin squad of flogged players yet he's been composed and measured in every interview. Doesn't dwell on the lows or revel in the highs, just wants to get home and watch it all back, biscuit in hand and figure out how to make us better. What's exciting is the type of players that would appeal to and the talent they'll attract. If someone wants to be the best and they've a choice of us or the likes of Man U who are they going to pick.

21 hours ago, Shak said:

More and more convinced that he can lead us all the way to where we want to go.

Imagine once he has a deep squad of all top class players and we can play our high intensity style for 90 minutes every game.

It will be immense.

:trippier:Everyone.

12 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m worried about the post-Howe slump in 2058