Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 13/03/2023 at 13:09, Dokko said:

Needs to rotate more. The team looks spent. I understand he wants to keep a winning or unbeaten team but I don't see the milage of that when players are hanging. The small pool of quality squad doesn't help, especially when you throw all your eggs in one basket and he's then out for weeks/months (twice that's happened now) but we've got to get fresh legs and minds into the team quicker than we do. Our fullbacks are both liabilities at present and one of them, their quality cannot be questioned, therfore it's got to be fatigue. 

God help us if we qualify for Europe.

Obvious even back then. Needs to rotate more, and his refusal has played a huge part in the injury situation imho.

Said it previously, but I hope coming out of this period, he rotates a lot more. Only seems comfortable to do it with Isak and Wilson (when both are fit). Clearly we've had some truly freak injuries, but we need to manage fatigue better.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

And bring who on !! Two keepers and toddlers on the bench, what a football manager whopper your are 

You're wrong. The young lads might not be a viable option when we're in the game but at 2-0 down and 10 mins up on the board, just chuck the bodies on and give the lads a breather for Sunday. Making Isak run around for that last ten minutes was absolutely mental.

Just now, Ben said:

Howe has worked wonders with the scraps of a squad he has left, we can't improve our situation because of FFP, morons like you demeaning blood from a stone are exactwhat we don't need as a support just now, 4 huge games in 9 days with a skeleton squad, no doubt you will calk gor his head at the end of it.

You're just a cunt giving anyone abuse who dares not be 100% positive about absolutely everything.

How dare people want improvements where we are not doing well in. The making subs and giving players a rest (especially in a game we've lost and there are 10-15 mins left) would help in our skeleton squad....but nope, cannot criticise that can we. :lol:

Just now, Pilko said:

You're wrong. The young lads might not be a viable option when we're in the game but at 2-0 down and 10 mins up on the board, just chuck the bodies on and give the lads a breather for Sunday. Making Isak run around for that last ten minutes was absolutely mental.

Would that really make that much difference though ? 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Obvious even back then. Needs to rotate more, and his refusal has played a huge part in the injury situation imho.

I would agree with you if we where getting a load of muscle injuries, but most of ours haven't been:

Jacob Murphy - Dislocated Shoulder

Harvey Barnes - Broken Foot

Dan Burn - Lower Back Stress Fracture

Elliot Anderson - Lower Back Stress Fracture

Sven Botman - Knee Damage done on International duty

Nick Pope - Dislocated Shoulder

Willock - Reoccurrence of an injury that happened last season.

The only two players who have soft tissue injuries are Targett and Wilson, the later has Hamstring like cheese strings, and the former barely plays.

Edited by 54

Just now, Ben said:

Would that really make that much difference though ? 

It's ten minutes-worth of post-match fatigue that we could have easily done without. In this world of marginal, percentage gains etc I don't understand why these lads who are clearly fucking shagged were made to play 100+ minutes here when we had bodies available to come on and run about in their place when the game is a busted flush.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I would agree with you if we where getting a load of muscle injuries, but most of ours haven't been:

Jacob Murphy - Dislocated Shoulder

Harvey Barnes - Broken Foot

Dan Burn - Lower Back Stress Fracture

Elliot Anderson - Lower Back Stress Fracture

Sven Botman - Knee Damage done on International duty

Nick Pope - Dislocated Shoulder

Willock - Reoccurrence of an injury that happened last season.

The only two players who have soft tissue injuries are Targett and Wilson, the later has Hamstring like cheese strings, and the former barely plays.

It doesn't really work like that though. There's direct injuries from fatigue, then indirect. The indirect ones are caused by players being out of position, more desperate, making mistakes, losing footing etc...

Pop Dislocated his shoulder trying for a last gap save in a game where if we had more attacking options, would have been dead an buried and Manure wouldn't have had the late pressure. 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

You're just a cunt giving anyone abuse who dares not be 100% positive about absolutely everything.

How dare people want improvements where we are not doing well in. The making subs and giving players a rest (especially in a game we've lost and there are 10-15 mins left) would help in our skeleton squad....but nope, cannot criticise that can we. :lol:

TBF no you can't criticise Howe, our last manager was Steve Fuckin Bruce, half our team is out, we have a young kid in midfield and three  pensioners in defence, for once in your life give us a break 

He's fighting Tyson with one arm tied behind his back atm. We've literally got about 14 fit, senior players, what the fuck's he supposed to do? 

Any criticism of Howe is bang out of order at the minute. Yes he could have saved a few from running for an extra 9 minutes tonight or whatever but the big picture is looking good. We will get players back in time. We will be able to rotate, we will be able to change games from the bench but right now his hands and tied and his fingers superglued. Criticism of the boss is heresy at this moment in time, ffs 

Just now, Dokko said:

It doesn't really work like that though. There's direct injuries from fatigue, then indirect. The indirect ones are caused by players being out of position, more desperate, making mistakes, losing footing etc...

Pop Dislocated his shoulder trying for a last gap save in a game where if we had more attacking options, would have been dead an buried and Manure wouldn't have had the late pressure. 

For what it's worth I agree with you, he probably should have rotated more at the start of the season. I just don't think you can blame him exclusively for a period where we have 12 injured players, especially when alot of them are of the "Freak" nature, I mean Burn went for a for a standard header in the middle of the pitch and landed awkwardly, Pope dived for a shot and his shoulder popped out, Barnes was just running for a ball in an attack and got stood on, Anderson's was in training, and Murphy's was also in an attack and his shoulder popped out.

Who says the game was done? Did I imagine the Isak chance with 10 mins left? Score that and we can push for the equaliser 

Anyone having a go at Howe for not making subs needs to give their head a shake 

If it wasn't for an uncharacteristic mistake from Trippier we probably see that game out and take a point but the team is clearly physically and mentally knackered 

I'm not going to be critical of Howe, if anything I just feel sorry for him because the injuries are brutal 

Eddie is mint and we are lucky to have him 

1 minute ago, midds said:

He's fighting Tyson with one arm tied behind his back atm. We've literally got about 14 fit, senior players, what the fuck's he supposed to do? 

Any criticism of Howe is bang out of order at the minute. Yes he could have saved a few from running for an extra 9 minutes tonight or whatever but the big picture is looking good. We will get players back in time. We will be able to rotate, we will be able to change games from the bench but right now his hands and tied and his fingers superglued. Criticism of the boss is heresy at this moment in time, ffs 

We'll be able to rotate, but he won't. That's the problem. Not enough minutes off the bench is one thing, but playing the same team week in week out was always going to come crashing down with more games. Now he's got no choice but to not rotate. Had this been Bruce we'd have picked up on this and rightly seen this obvious issue.

We've had this discussion before, about Howe toning down training, that's how he's decided to deal with the extra fixtures. Same players, more competitive football, less condition training to balance it. Or, he could rotate...he made his choice on how to handle it, and I don't agree with it. It's certainly not knee-jerk either, I said back in March that this would happen.

Howe isn't perfect, there's lessons for him in this as well. If he doesn't think that, then he's not the person/manager I hold him to, but as i've already said, he'll asses all this, and I'm sure different decisions will be made next season.

Howe has worked wonders with this squad given the injuries. The same 11 have played PSG away, Chelsea and Man Utd and were unlucky not to win all 3. The same 11 playing a game every three days or so. We’ve done amazingly well. We were doing fine tonight til the first fuck up. Get over it and move on. 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

For what it's worth I agree with you, he probably should have rotated more at the start of the season. I just don't think you can blame him exclusively for a period where we have 12 injured players, especially when alot of them are of the "Freak" nature, I mean Burn went for a for a standard header in the middle of the pitch and landed awkwardly, Pope dived for a shot and his shoulder popped out, Barnes was just running for a ball in an attack and got stood on, Anderson's was in training, and Murphy's was also in an attack and his shoulder popped out.

Burn is situational as well. For games prior he was getting worse in terms of play, getting more and more desperate, and this was down to fatigue. Anderson is the only one you can full say isn't to overplaying.

Just now, Dokko said:

Burn is situational as well. For games prior he was getting worse in terms of play, getting more and more desperate, and this was down to fatigue. Anderson is the only one you can full say isn't to overplaying.

Like I get what what you're trying to say, but dude broke his back going for a header in the middle of the pitch, as the player behind him crouched down, not really sure how that's down to fatigue? :lol:

13 minutes ago, midds said:

As usual. Bang on the money. :thup:

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Like I get what what you're trying to say, but dude broke his back going for a header in the middle of the pitch, as the player behind him crouched down, not really sure how that's down to fatigue? :lol:

Maybe if he was more on it he'd have known where the player was behind him, or would be behind that player himself. He's 19ft tall, he doesn't need to be in front of anyone. Maybe.