Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, 54 said:

In today's absolutely wild tweet:

How can you talk so much football, and not see the bigger picture at all?

How many years have they raked in money from the Adidas deal? We get 5-6m from Castore. We are only talking about the club who has spent the most money the last decade. But resources aye.. 

Edited by nufc123

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, it’s a naive at best and idiotic at worst strategy to have your centre half get delusions of grandeur and think they’re Lothar Mattaus.

The ‘winner’ mentality is a complete misnomer - winning teams aren’t naive nor stupid; there is zero chance that Milan do that if the positions are reversed.  And Milan could hardly be accused of being a ‘loser’ club.  That shite needs knocking out of the team if we’re going to win anything - and that goes for Howe, too.  It was poor game management.  

I think with the latest injury news Thursday, Sunday football is the last thing we needed this season. I’ve got no qualms about going for it and risking it all on last 16, the prize was sufficient to warrant going for broke.

Edited by Whitley mag

I'm glad we went for it and always want us to play that way but do feel there may have been a bit of an oversight in not considering the opposition's motivations enough.  Milan had to win, they had to open up themselves sometime so perhaps we shouldn't have blinked first in that sense. 

Whether that was possible with the personnel and the fitness levels, no idea.  I'm sure we'll learn from it, this was new to almost everyone.

What actually is this Goldbridge guy? I've had the misfortune of passing a few clips recently and he seems to admit he's a character, not even his real name is it? 

I find it so strange that people want to watch the reactions and hear the opinions of a fake social media personality reacting to real football matches. The moments I've seen that people seem to find hilarious feel forced as fuck too.

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

What actually is this Goldbridge guy? I've had the misfortune of passing a few clips recently and he seems to admit he's a character, not even his real name is it? 

I find it so strange that people want to watch the reactions and hear the opinions of a fake social media personality reacting to real football matches. The moments I've seen that people seem to find hilarious feel forced as fuck too.

Former copper who cottoned out really fast there’s a lot of money to be made out of the tears of man united fans. 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

What has he said that's wrong though? :lol: He's not in any way saying Howe should be subject to a media pile on and neither am I as he's done an incredible job, but the abuse Ten Hag gets is mental given what he's achieved at Man United so far.

The guy literally has the best win ratio in our history and won us our first trophy in 6 years while finishing third in his first season and is being treated by opposition fans like he's some sort of clueless idiot. :lol: It's all a bit mental.

It’s okay to defend Ten Haag - Man U is not an easy job - but the comparison with Eddie Howe is plain daft. Eddie inherited a far worse squad of players and Ten Haag has had much more financial backing.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

What has he said that's wrong though? :lol: He's not in any way saying Howe should be subject to a media pile on and neither am I as he's done an incredible job, but the abuse Ten Hag gets is mental given what he's achieved at Man United so far.

The guy literally has the best win ratio in our history and won us our first trophy in 6 years while finishing third in his first season and is being treated by opposition fans like he's some sort of clueless idiot. :lol: It's all a bit mental.

It's like Robsons last full season and Peter Reids second season of finishing 7th, purely looking at the stats and it's not too bad but those that went could see the change and knew it wasn't going to turn round.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

I'm glad we went for it and always want us to play that way but do feel there may have been a bit of an oversight in not considering the opposition's motivations enough.  Milan had to win, they had to open up themselves sometime so perhaps we shouldn't have blinked first in that sense. 

Whether that was possible with the personnel and the fitness levels, no idea.  I'm sure we'll learn from it, this was new to almost everyone.

Yeah this is the thing...

I think we actually had better chances of winning if we were calmer and more patient and kept things tighter.

Look at the end of the game - we were chucking men forward and leaving gaps at the back because we had to score and they had a number of great chances. If we play it safer, last 10 mins it could have been them leaving the gaps, and us getting the chances. Playing on the counter is playing to our strengths.

Not saying we shouldn't have tried to be positive on the ball, but I think we could have been a lot calmer, more composed, patient. and just said - 'hey, we've got Europe in our hands, we have something tangible. If you want anything then you need to take the risks, and when you do.. we'll be ready to pounce.' Except in Italian, obviously. That's the tough, hard-nosed winner's mentality for me.

On the other hand perhaps they feel Europa League wasn't worth the fatigue so they'd rather go more boom and bust.

Either way, I don't want to come across as too negative - I'm certainly not upset with a positive attitude, and the players gave it a good go. Neither way guarantees success and I thought we played very well for a lot of the game. But I do think we missed a trick & that's why I described it in the match thread as a bit naive.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

It’s okay to defend Ten Haag - Man U is not an easy job - but the comparison with Eddie Howe is plain daft. Eddie inherited a far worse squad of players and Ten Haag has had much more financial backing.

Howe has had massive financial backing like. Your spending is fairly similar to ours despite us having triple your revenue. 

I'm not comparing Ten Hag and Howe though. I'm a big fan of Howe. I'm just saying that nothing that Goldbridge has said there is false. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Howe has had massive financial backing like. Your spending is fairly similar to ours despite us having triple your revenue. 

I'm not comparing Ten Hag and Howe though. I'm a big fan of Howe. I'm just saying that nothing that Goldbridge has said there is false. 

Howe inherited a relegation side and also a squad that we can't sell on.

It's absolute bollocks

13 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Howe inherited a relegation side and also a squad that we can't sell on.

It's absolute bollocks

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

Apart from Howes team was fighting relegation and Ten Hags team was battling for a CL place the season prior? Very naive comment to make.

Who said anything about where the teams were? You're strawmanning. 

Howe has spent similar to Ten Hag. Simple fact. So saying Ten Hag has received much more financial backing is false. 

We weren't anywhere near top four either. 

But anyway. 

:lol: Is it just me or has threads getting hijacked over a Man U debate fucking skyrocketed this year? Exhausting. 

And this isn't just a dig at Froggy, even though I don't know how you have the energy to fight so many corners at once. :lol: Seems everyone is as bad as each other for throwing and catching the bait.

11 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Is it just me or has threads getting hijacked over a Man U debate fucking skyrocketed this year? Exhausting. 

And this isn't just a dig at Froggy, even though I don't know how you have the energy to fight so many corners at once. :lol: Seems everyone is as bad as each other for throwing and catching the bait.

It usually goes like this:

1. Someone posts about Man United, usually having a go at players or Ten Hag. A lot of the time directly tagging me. 

2. I respond in a civil manner. Not having a go, just giving my two thoughts as it concerns my club. 

3. Posters go crazy to refute my points and criticise Man United even further, straying away from the original topic. At this point some people will have a go at me or respond condescendingly despite me knowing my own club better than they ever will. 

4. I respond to most posts, but start having a little nip back to the less than savoury posters.

5. Froggy's a cunt. Fuck Man United. Troll. WUM. He's hijacking threads again/Froggy's sound man, leave Froggy alone, Froggy's an excellent poster. 

6. Insert Kid Icarus vs. Froggy fight. This can lull at certain times of the year when we both pretend to have each other on ignore but eventually one of or both of us can't resist commenting. 

7. Man United lose.

8. Rinse and repeat. 

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Because you all bully me when it happens. 

:lol: Fair point. I would hope you knew at least I was doing it in jest and value you as a poster here (not to force us to the lovey dovey pukey section of stage 5). But I think any mention I've made of you of late has been a childish dig so I plan to do my part in not even slightly fuelling this tedious cycle any longer.

Still hate you in the Fifa thread though. 

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Howe has spent similar to Ten Hag. Simple fact. So saying Ten Hag has received much more financial backing is false. 

But anyway. 

Most relevant indicator of squad quality is the wage bill. If Man City spent 100m on transfer fees this summer and so did Scunthorpe United, they wouldn't have the same squad quality, would they?

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

5. Froggy's a cunt. Fuck Man United. Troll. WUM. He's hijacking threads again/Froggy's sound man, leave Froggy alone, Froggy's an excellent poster. 

Out of curiosity, do you always have to have the final word? :p

51 minutes ago, Froggy said:

But anyway. 

False equivalence and all that.

Just now, kocunar said:

Most relevant indicator of squad quality is the wage bill. If Man City spent 100m on transfer fees this summer and so did Scunthorpe United, they wouldn't have the same squad quality, would they?

No, but if someone said City's manager had far more financial backing than Scunthorpe's, it wouldn't be true. 

Once again, not comparing Howe and Ten Hag at all. As good as Ten Hag's season was last year, Howe's was better. 

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

Out of curiosity, do you always have to have the final word? :p

I struggle to drop things yes. :lol: