Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Trippier literally just had a rest, he has to start. I'm not convinced with Livra at RM. 

Well he missed the game at the weekend, aye. It's still less than a week since he played an incredibly intense match in the Champions League. Don't see any harm in letting Krafthu keep the spot warm before the Luton game. 

2 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

We're in the quater finals of a cup man 😂

I know, and I hope we go through. But when you consider how we fared against Man City and Man Utd with a heavily rotated side, I wouldn't necessarily bet against us even if - heaven forbid - Matt Ritchie plays instead of an utterly gassed Miggy Almiron. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Eh? Wtf are you on about?

People suggesting we rest or play a weaker team in the quater finals of a cup have lost the plot and are ridiculously negative. We may as well pack in now and not bother with the remainder of the season with that attitude.

8 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Can't approach games on the basis that players might get injured, we could rest them, get knocked out and they could get injured against Luton with that mind set?

they are less likely to pick up muscular injuries (like the ones Joelinton and Schar just picked up) Luton if they get a rest between now and then. 

Just now, Smal said:

they are less likely to pick up muscular injuries (like the ones Joelinton and Schar just picked up) Luton if they get a rest between now and then. 

Then we should have rested them against Fulham? a cup quater final is a lot bigger of a game than a league game.

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

People suggesting we rest or play a weaker team in the quater finals of a cup have lost the plot and are ridiculously negative. We may as well pack in now and not bother with the remainder of the season with that attitude.

Christ. :rolleyes:

Another fun visit to the forum. 

5 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

The entire fanbase have been complaining for weeks that we've not been able to rest and rotate the squad, this is a good opportunity to give players like Gordon who have been run into the ground that rest. One because it's a lesser priority competitions, and two because players like Krafth, Dummett and Hall who have performed well in the last two rounds deserve the chance to keep the faith in them.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

Then we should have rested them against Fulham? a cup quater final is a lot bigger of a game than a league game.

every game is massive tbh. We're trying to compete at the top of the Premier League. 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

A cup win is almost inevitable at some point the way we're going like. We need the club to keep building momentum, aiming for top 5-6 is the best way for that.

I think a similar sort of team to the Man Utd XI will have a good chance anyway. Last thing we needed Saturday gone after 3 defeats in a row was a weakened team getting turned over by a side who'd just had a couple of 5-0s.

Just now, 54 said:

The entire fanbase have been complaining for weeks that we've not been able to rest and rotate the squad, this is a good opportunity to give players like Gordon who have been run into the ground that rest. One because it's one of the lesser priority competitions, and two because players like Krafth, Dummett and Hall have performed well in the last two rounds and deserve the chance to keep the faith in them.

The fan base have been complaining about our injury situation, I'm pretty sure if you polled them and asked if we should play a weekend team in the quater finals of a cup it would be a land slide no.

Just now, WideopenMag said:

The fan base have been complaining about our injury situation, I'm pretty sure if you polled them and asked if we should play a weekend team in the quater finals of a cup it would be a land slide no.

It's on Tuesday. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

A cup win is almost inevitable at some point the way we're going like. We need the club to keep building momentum, aiming for top 5-6 is the best way for that.

I think a similar sort of team to the Man Utd XI will have a good chance anyway. Last thing we needed Saturday gone after 3 defeats in a row was a weakened team getting turned over by a side who'd just had a couple of 5-0s.

Is it though? Other teams are also improving, look at Villa etc this season they've came on loads. We can't just let opportunities like this pass us by. We have a great chance of winning this If we progress tomorrow night.

A rest for Callum is in order with him not too far removed from injury, but think we can comfortably say he'll be starting tomorrow - just hope he can weather it with Isak likely out

Would be massive to get through tomorrow with a beatable field remaining

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I would rest Tino and Gordon.  I would even consider benching Bruno.

I think Howe starts a close to full strength team with maybe the players most in the red zone going on the bench like Gordon.  

Close to full strength without Tino, Gordon and Bruno? Bruno has to play man.

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

A rest for Callum is in order with him not too far removed from injury, but think we can comfortably say he'll be starting tomorrow - just hope he can weather it with Isak likely out

Would be massive to get through tomorrow with a beatable field remaining

Wilson missed out on the goals again over the weekend, he'll be itching to get on the scoresheet.