Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Would it have been better to rest a few players no matter how much it might have weakened us in a couple of games? I think so. At least it would have meant that these players would be more fresh long term and able to compete close to their ability. Fatique affects us and the players no doubt, but it’s more of a mentality thing imo. 

Looking at results over the last month I think that goes without saying.

Merry Xmas Eddie. Pleased we have someone as intelligent, articulate and dignified as you in charge, instead of the reactionary numpties on here.

Looking forward to the new year when we can return to these pages and laugh at the idiots who doubted you when we hired you and still doubt you now.

Eddie Howes Black and White Army.

49 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Would it have been better to rest a few players no matter how much it might have weakened us in a couple of games? I think so. At least it would have meant that these players would be more fresh long term and able to compete close to their ability. Fatique affects us and the players no doubt, but it’s more of a mentality thing imo. 

Genuinely don’t think he could win either way. He would have been slated if he has rested them and we lost.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely don’t think he could win either way. He would have been slated if he has rested them and we lost.

Could have just said players were injured rather than being rested

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spot on. His hands have been tied for weeks and the whole team is now suffering.

I'm sure there are individual moments where he wishes he done things slightly different but he's had very little choice.

The vast majority of fans understand the wider context. Some can't grasp it.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You are absolutely spot on. This is very likely to have happened. Having said that it might have been the best for the team and club no matter what fans say. Probably would have been the right thing to do. Whether people like it or not.

Edited by Ikon

54 minutes ago, STM said:

Merry Xmas Eddie. Pleased we have someone as intelligent, articulate and dignified as you in charge, instead of the reactionary numpties on here.

Looking forward to the new year when we can return to these pages and laugh at the idiots who doubted you when we hired you and still doubt you now.

Eddie Howes Black and White Army.

Here here. In Eddie we trust, couldn't be prouder to have him as our manager. 

50 minutes ago, STM said:

:lol: we won't forget:thup:

Waking up on Christmas Day, logging into N-O.. Hmmm, how can I make myself look like a soopafan, and have a dig at fellow supporters who might hold a slightly different view on stuff related to NUFC.

Merry Christmas.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Waking up on Christmas Day, logging into N-O.. Hmmm, how can I make myself look like a soopafan, and have a dig at fellow supporters who might hold a slightly different view on stuff related to NUFC.

Merry Christmas.

The attitude is astonishing. And I support Eddie 100% even if I think he has done some things wrong even though also unlucky. 

Edited by Ikon

21 minutes ago, wormy said:

Merry Christmas to all but Eddie Howe who I hope is at the training ground today working out how to right his copious wrongs. 

Resplendent in a hair shirt and with Tindall ringing a bell screaming “shame”. 

I think if he'd rested flash and others at certain times and brought in academy players I think the fan base would of understood that the starting players need a rest. Rather than leave them playing constantly and still getting thumped off every team we play because of fatigue and players carrying injuries. 

Just now, andycap said:

I think if he'd rested flash and others at certain times and brought in academy players I think the fan base would of understood that the starting players need a rest. Rather than leave them playing constantly and still getting thumped off every team we play because of fatigue and players carrying injuries. 

This is it for me. He got it wrong, but has never had to deal with European football before. Happy to grow together, but not happy just to keep quiet as a few can't handle a little negativity.

Was the same under pardew and his 5th season. Anyone who said it was luck and unsustainable was called worse than shit. 

Hindsight is easy...

Eddie probably just wanted a win to change the downward slide and risked the fatigued players doing so.

Can't fault the bloke as no other prem team seems to have the injury woes we have.

Get a few players back and one or two signings in Jan and we will be back in the top six in no time!

100% behind you Eddie!!!:smitten:

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Merry Christmas.

Don't need to log in. Been permanently logged in for 18 years. Although you actually posted before me.:thup:

If being a superfan is supporting our best manager in 20 years through a tricky spell, then yes I'm a superfan. 

The reactions to a few defeats on here is embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't need to log in. Been permanently logged in for 18 years. Although you actually posted before me.:thup:

If being a superfan is supporting our best manager in 20 years through a tricky spell, then yes I'm a superfan. 

You can be supportive of the manager even while aknowledging that he can make mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes.

6 minutes ago, Displayname said:

You can be supportive of the manager even while aknowledging that he can make mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Totally agree.

Edit: Although Howe has made fewer mistakes in 2 years than even someone like SBR did in 4/5 years he was here and he's rightly a god.

They are also mistakes made because of his own success. 

There's definitely an irony to; "could have made better decisions whilst playing in the CL!"

That will be the CL that Eddie himself launched us into.

"I'm not sure he should have played Trippier over Livramento", is another criticism (possibly a fair one) but 2 years ago we were playing Krafth and Murphy at RB.

These are first world problems and I for one am enjoying every minute of them.

Edited by STM

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Hindsight is easy...

Eddie probably just wanted a win to change the downward slide and risked the fatigued players doing so.

Can't fault the bloke as no other prem team seems to have the injury woes we have.

Get a few players back and one or two signings in Jan and we will be back in the top six in no time!

100% behind you Eddie!!!:smitten:

If hindsight is calling this happening in March, then yes, this is hindsight. 

3 hours ago, STM said:

It wouldn’t seem as bad if it wasn’t the same few people who posted utterly toxic shit two years ago. The problem is that I didn’t forget and just expect them to do that at this point, even if a criticism is valid. I can’t help but suspect that they are itching to say “I told you so” more than they want us to do well, even though it may be unfair on a few. But cry wolf and all that.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls