Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

I'm backing Howe to the hilt. Don't want to list any excuses as we all know what they are. If it were up to me I would give him at least another two transfer windows before sharpening the knife.

He gets the whole of next season, minimum, for me

I think the biggest things for me are the midfield are far too easily played through, we’re incapable of slowing down a game and taking control / concentrating on possession without descending into a mess and conceding, and creatively it’s the same cut inside and overlap every time that’s become stale and predictable. It’s staggering to me we made little effort to sign players in the summer to improve us technically - especially in midfield and RW. I concede Tonali is a significant technical improvement on Longstaff but that’s not a high bar.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I had my concerns about going balls deep with Howe ball in the summer. But most of those key players have been unavailable for various reasons so hard to say if it was the wrong route without hindsight. 

I think the Hall transfer was questionable at the time. Essentially secured Burn as first choice LB. 

Style of play sustainability wise. Lack of rotation. Lack of flexibility. These are my biggest systemic issues with Howe. 

Let this season play out and across then

The lack of a genuine 6 is a concern - we are too open 

Lack of discipline today - 46 mins are 1 with ball in the Forest box and we get countered on 

Play 5 in midfield for a while, control the ball, stop the other team running straight at us. Eddie is looking frustratingly one dimensional. We also need more discipline as no one is staying home, all are pushed in the box and we are open to the counter

Edited by OverThere

Just now, Orphanage said:

Expectation is the child of success ... 

Though the weird thing is that we might view Howe’s reign as successful to date and we’re calling for patience, because we know what we’ve been in the recent past.

It may be that the ownership don’t view it as successful on their own terms, and their expectation is for what they consider success, not us. 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I think the biggest things for me are the midfield are far too easily played through, we’re incapable of slowing down a game and taking control / concentrating on possession without descending into a mess and conceding, and creatively it’s the same cut inside and overlap every time that’s become stale and predictable. It’s staggering to me we made little effort to sign players in the summer to improve us technically - especially in midfield and RW. I concede Tonali is a significant technical improvement on Longstaff but that’s not a high bar.

Talking about slowing the game down, I still remember that Liverpool game when we tried it and they bloody came back to win the game with 10 men.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Play 5 in midfield for a while, control the ball, stop the other team running straight at us. Eddie is looking frustratingly one dimensional 

We've been playing 451 away from home for a while now and it's not really worked [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It's the most physically intense league in the world. No team is winning without being at 90% physically, regardless of tactical approach.

There's not too many teams who press like we do as well. That requires even more physical effort.

He's got stuck in one gear for me. The Howe way of football is the same as Klopp or Pep, but they have the squad and the players to execute it, at the moment we don't. Today he made the opposition manager look like a genius, reminded me of when we were 1-0 up against Liverpool down to 10 men at home. We shouldn't be playing into the opposition's hands when they are the ones who need to chase the game.

Ridiuculous amount of space for them to run into giving strikers easy one on one's against the keeper.

5 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I think he does need to rotate more, but let’s be honest, our champions league and caraboa cup draw were as tough as you can get. 

So you sacrifice one of them, he is the one that’s ran the players into the ground. 

Concerning thing for me is our intentsity and pressing from last season had disapeared virtually from the start of this season and that has changed us, for the worse.

I said it in the match thread, in all our defeats this season, not once have we looked like coming back to get a draw from the losing position, let alone win. Once we're behind, more likely we'll lose.

Barring some shocking run of form where we start flirting with a bottom-5 finish, I don't see the logic in booting Howe mid-season. Like it or not, it's clear Eddie has limitations, but his banked-up credit has at least earned him a tryout this latter half of the season to show why he's the man to drive the Ferrari, so to speak.

It would seem very harsh not to give Eddie a chance to right the ship and show what he's learned after the break. I do understand the frustration from fans, though.

He now faces the same issue as Ten Hag does at Man U (Please note i rate Eddie MUCH higher than Ten Hag) in that his players aren't capable of playing his kind of football and just like Ten Hag he hasn't really come up with a plan B yet. Though in our case it's more to do with fitness, stamina and all the injuries while at Man U they just have a rubbish squad.

Edited by Donut