Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

20 teams in the league, were 10th which makes us (incredibly sadly) an average team 

So Liverpool were an average team last season when in a similar position after a similar number of games? If so, then hopefully we can be one of the best in the league next season, as we were for a lot of last season. 

We are going through a shit time, with a threadbare squad. There’s plenty to criticise but your argument is so basic. League position = quality with no mitigation, nuance or context. 

22 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Indicative of a knackered team with shite all on the bench. Therein lies the answer. 

Would give that a chance in games at this point. :lol:

Doing the same thing time and time again hasn't worked.

Just now, Minhosa said:

Imagine being Eddie Howe and working your bollocks off and then there’s people like you. Ungrateful, entitled tossers who have seemingly forgot the last 20 years and where we were when he joined.

FGS, people like me Ive paid my dues home & away Europe & beyond for the last 45 years lad, don't try that shoite with me lad 

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Na man, I only speak facts, we've won 1 in 12 / 13 against a championship side, you honestly think were a good team / squad ? 

Where have you got this 1 win in 12/13 from?

In the last 12 we've won 3 and in the last 13 we've won 4

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

FGS, people like me Ive paid my dues home & away Europe & beyond for the last 45 years lad, don't try that shoite with me lad 

What’s another year then Superfan?

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Where have you got this 1 win in 12/13 from?

In the last 12 we've won 3 and in the last 13 we've won 4

He’s on the wind up, nout better to do on a Saturday than cry over an unfortunate result.

City's bench won them the game and our lack of a bench lost us the same - without investment Eddie's hands are tied.

Edited by duo

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You genuinely think Matt Ritchie makes things better?

Hall (got on today at least!), Krafth, Dummett, even bloody A.Murphy or the other youngun who's been on the bench often.

It's not about the quality of them as that drops obviously, but just fresh legs.

It's proven keeping players on doesn't work any way other than draining them even more.

Hell, it might turn out the same, certainly couldn't turn out worse. Ultimately though, we should be getting 2-3 players back in the next month so probably a mute point now.

well, we knew we gonna lose to Pool and City, it was just these came after series of awful performances vs Bournemouth, Everton, Luton, forest and a CL and Carabao exits.

Villa away wont be easier, they are good at home, one of the best home record this season, while we are not in a good form.

for Howe the issue really is as long as we can play our high intensity game we can match anyone for periods, but once we need to be more tactical, control games, control the speed, have a bit more tactical edge,  play any different than our high intensity attacking game we are basically ripped to pieces.

of course the injuries affect this as well, in a way we are not even able to pull up our high intensity style vs the likes of Luton, Bournmouth to punish them but they can punish us.

while the added schedule is really something that hit Howe in the face, another thing to reconsider with our style of play because lets be honest if we dont have a single injury next season and we are in Europe without heavy on the spot rotation our players would burn out by end of November.

I can't see how anyone would come to the conclusion we're poor, unless they just bypass the current circumstances. If anything were actually not doing that bad considering the list of reasons I could list for us underperforming, but those are obvious to me so I won't.

Just one thing, we're 10th, 5 points behind 6th placed West Ham. We've been in this situation for a good while now, you'd think we would've dropped much further behind everything considered, but no we're still in the race for European football, with just the 17 games left to play.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Hall (got on today at least!), Krafth, Dummett, even bloody A.Murphy or the other youngun who's been on the bench often.

It's not about the quality of them as that drops obviously, but just fresh legs.

It's proven keeping players on doesn't work any way other than draining them even more.

Hell, it might turn out the same, certainly couldn't turn out worse. Ultimately though, we should be getting 2-3 players back in the next month so probably a mute point now.

Were the defence at fault? None of those play centre mid (admittedly hall probably could but clearly something’s not right there)

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

Klopps a cunt,Peps a cunt. Sometimes wish Eddie was a cunt.

I don't even think Pep's a cunt. He gives us our dues unlike the small minded twat from Germany.

This season has been incredibly frustrating, we have (potentially) a fucking brilliant team with genuine options to bring off the bench but we've never been able to do that this at any point for various reasons. The injuries, and I hate to keep banging on about them as it sounds such a weak and pitiful excuse, but they've killed this season. Howe's had pretty much no options from one game to the next and we've suffered, he gets that pass.

However, I'm absolutely pig sick of seeing 3 opposition players standing in the middle of the 13 yard trench that's between the back 4 and the midfield 5 when we drop into our formation. It became very obvious in Milan (A) and it's been there ever since. That gap has been there for months, it's been obvious and it's now getting exploited every single game. He needs to do something to stagger the midfield or let Schar into that zone as it's killing us every week. It's obtuse to watch it and not rectify or address it, fuck's sake change it up a bit. I hate losing but doing nothing about clear weaknesses and being done again and again isn't great management on any level. 

Personally I think Eddie is twice the coach Pep is.  Pep has managed the best players in the world, managed the best teams in the world, was able to spend the biggest budget in the world.  Surprise he won lots of titles.  Eddie managed a group a players who were fighting relegation season after season and turned them into a Champions League team.  If we had our full squad today we would have won - KDB basically bailed them out.  Was nothing Pep did other than bring him on.

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I can't see how anyone would come to the conclusion we're poor, unless they just bypass the current circumstances. If anything were actually not doing that bad considering the list of reasons I could list for us underperforming, but those are obvious to me so I won't.

Just one thing, we're 10th, 5 points behind 6th placed West Ham. We've been in this situation for a good while now, you'd think we would've dropped much further behind everything considered, but no we're still in the race for European football, with just the 17 games left to play.

We are the 2nd worst team in the league on away form.

One of the best teams at home though.

So damn bizarre for a team to be like that, it's normally far more even and last year we were one of the best teams away.

Trust Howe to sort it out though, proven in the past he learns from mistakes or a way to do something different/ improve.

Edited by Aiston

2 minutes ago, midds said:

This season has been incredibly frustrating, we have (potentially) a fucking brilliant team with genuine options to bring off the bench but we've never been able to do that this at any point for various reasons. The injuries, and I hate to keep banging on about them as it sounds such a weak and pitiful excuse, but they've killed this season. Howe's had pretty much no options from one game to the next and we've suffered, he gets that pass.

However, I'm absolutely pig sick of seeing 3 opposition players standing in the middle of the 13 yard trench that's between the back 4 and the midfield 5 when we drop into our formation. It became very obvious in Milan (A) and it's been there ever since. That gap has been there for months, it's been obvious and it's now getting exploited every single game. He needs to do something to stagger the midfield or let Schar into that zone as it's killing us every week. It's obtuse to watch it and not rectify or address it, fuck's sake change it up a bit. I hate losing but doing nothing about clear weaknesses and being done again and again isn't great management on any level. 

We need a DM badly and have done since last season.  Phillips would fill that role perfectly (**based on his Leeds form as he hasn't played for two years)

Two weeks on the training pitch now, a chance to do loads of work with the lads and also a chance for some rest, to reset etc. I think we'll see a difference afterwards, I just hope we have even 2-3 options off the bench available by then.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Personally I think Eddie is twice the coach Pep is.  Pep has managed the best players in the world, managed the best teams in the world, was able to spend the biggest budget in the world.  Surprise he won lots of titles.  Eddie managed a group a players who were fighting relegation season after season and turned them into a Champions League team.  If we had our full squad today we would have won - KDB basically bailed them out.  Was nothing Pep did other than bring him on.

It does take some balls and vision to put together a side which passes teams to death putting skill above height and physicality mind. I mean peak Barcelona might just have been money or maybe there was more to it than that?

Just now, Pilko said:

Two weeks on the training pitch now, a chance to do loads of work with the lads and also a chance for some rest, to reset etc. I think we'll see a difference afterwards, I just hope we have even 2-3 options off the bench available by then.

Wilson’s the only likely one in the next couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It does take some balls and vision to put together a side which passes teams to death putting skill above height and physicality mind. I mean peak Barcelona might just have been money or maybe there was more to it than that?

Messi?

Edited by duo

He's still the guy for me. A few fans criticising him in the bars after the game but seemed to have full support in the stadium. Our bench was shit today and if after 70 mins we could have brought on Wilson, Barnes, Tonali and others we would have seen game out. Stick with him.