Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Imagine what he would be like in Ze Derbi.

Ive always wanted to say that but never had the chance.

Doesn't work because his name's De Zerbi not Ze Derbi. Uh? I know what you're doing, the derby, but...

I say this all the time and I’ll say it again. The reason Brighton have gone from a team in League 1 to finishing 6th in the PL is their owner Tony Bloom. 

He’s the primary architect of Brightons data led approach to everything.  He owns a data company.  The Brentford owner used to work for him and follows a similar model.  

Dan Ashworth was a cog not the heart or brains. 

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I say this all the time and I’ll say it again. The reason Brighton have gone from a team in League 1 to finishing 6th in the PL is their owner Tony Bloom. 

He’s the primary architect of Brightons data led approach to everything.  He owns a data company.  The Brentford owner used to work for him and follows a similar model.  

Dan Ashworth was a cog not the heart or brains. 

I read Blooms life story in brief. The guy is either a total genius or lucky.

He plays the odds. And beat them aswell.

Just been watching the highlights of PSG at home. A reminder of who we are when we have anything even resembling a fit squad. 

All down to this man. Even with the takeover and another manager, we don't win any games in the style that we do under him and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you Eddie. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just been watching the highlights of PSG at home. A reminder of who we are when we have anything even resembling a fit squad. 

All down to this man. Even with the takeover and another manager, we don't win any games in the style that we do under him and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you Eddie. 

I know it’s very rare a team has everybody fit for any particular game, but it’s worth remembering that even on that night we were missing Botman, Joelinton, Wilson and Barnes.

57 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Love you Eddie. 

I prefer to rewatch Seinfeld myself. A microcosm of New York City in which the globular becomes molecular. A reification of the mundane whereby the sheer matter of life and those interstices between dramas and other entertainments become the raw material of art itself.

Even some thirty years later I laugh every time. And utterly impossible without the man whose name adorns the masthead.

Still love you Jerry.

15 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

I prefer to rewatch Seinfeld myself. A microcosm of New York City in which the globular becomes molecular. A reification of the mundane whereby the sheer matter of life and those interstices between dramas and other entertainments become the raw material of art itself.

Even some thirty years later I laugh every time. And utterly impossible without the man whose name adorns the masthead.

Still love you Jerry.

Think I was too young for Seinfeld like. I've tried but it never hit home, whereas Frasier and Friends did.

31 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Still love you Jerry.

The Alan Pardew of Comedians, if he were a lollipop he’d lick himself to death. His stand up is truly horrific too

48 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think I was too young for Seinfeld like. I've tried but it never hit home, whereas Frasier and Friends did.

I love Friends but never got into Frasier, although I saw one scene from an episode that was airing on television a few weeks ago which was very funny, where Frasier and Niles demonstrate the change in their singing voices as they descend into or ascend from a crouch position.

The comedy from the nineties that I feel like I ought to watch is The Larry Sanders Show. Will anybody vouch for it?

40 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

The Alan Pardew of Comedians, if he were a lollipop he’d lick himself to death. His stand up is truly horrific too

7 hours ago, SteV said:

I know it’s very rare a team has everybody fit for any particular game, but it’s worth remembering that even on that night we were missing Botman, Joelinton, Wilson and Barnes.

That's pretty much what a normal injury list looks like. The one we've had almost solidly for 3 months is just mental. 

Jose Mourinho gets the sack and within days the club have emerged from their wintry hibernation to start hawking some of Eddie's head boys in Trippier, Wilson and Almiron. It's cynical to think but then again we live in cynical times: a club that seems to have hit the buffers of financial fair play and come to the end of its first Saudi-led cycle, needing to boost its profile in order to attract sponsorships and other corporate hangers-on, now looks towards one of the game's biggest names who still maintains a global cabal of cult-like followers. Is there a quicker, easier and dirtier way to boost our profile while bleating out the signal 'look at us, we're a bunch of winners'?

6 hours ago, Gottlob said:

Jose Mourinho gets the sack and within days the club have emerged from their wintry hibernation to start hawking some of Eddie's head boys in Trippier, Wilson and Almiron. It's cynical to think but then again we live in cynical times: a club that seems to have hit the buffers of financial fair play and come to the end of its first Saudi-led cycle, needing to boost its profile in order to attract sponsorships and other corporate hangers-on, now looks towards one of the game's biggest names who still maintains a global cabal of cult-like followers. Is there a quicker, easier and dirtier way to boost our profile while bleating out the signal 'look at us, we're a bunch of winners'?

Stick to Seinfeld, bonny lad. 

On 20/01/2024 at 00:37, Gottlob said:

I love Friends but never got into Frasier, although I saw one scene from an episode that was airing on television a few weeks ago which was very funny, where Frasier and Niles demonstrate the change in their singing voices as they descend into or ascend from a crouch position.

The comedy from the nineties that I feel like I ought to watch is The Larry Sanders Show. Will anybody vouch for it?

I will vouch for Larry Sanders. 

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not sure if this fella's fb post has been mentioned but, if you can access the link, I agree with him completely.... 

📸 Look at this post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kjAUxDVQriX2zDc9/

Last year, I had the privilege of spending a day with the Newcastle team at Darsley Park, where I observed their training sessions and joined them for breakfast and lunch.

At breakfast, I was seated near a window overlooking the training ground. As I gazed out at I noticed a lone figure diligently setting up a training drill with discs and footballs and other paraphernalia, his hood pulled up against the biting cold and howling wind. I looked a little closer, it was Eddie Howe. I’d heard the rumours that he was first in and last out but never did I expect he’d be putting the bloody cones out!

I watched in awe as Eddie led each training session with precision and passion, he was in total control, it was like a military exercise, nothing was left to chance and the only thing he wasn’t in control of was the fckg weather. It was Baltic.

The drones hovering above the training ground captured every detail of the sessions, providing Eddie with valuable footage for his post-practice analysis and evening homework.

I’ve spent 30 years coaching myself, in the UK, Spain and also in Norway and I can honestly say, what I saw that day blew me away and left me more than a little excited and confident for the future.

Eddie's dedication extended beyond the training pitch. His rapport with the players was telling, they clearly knew who the gaffer was, but there was more, there was respect but also a great deal of affection and a massive all round camaraderie.

Eddie was the only one not to join his players for lunch that day, opting instead to retreat to his office to study the drills and plan the rest of the day. His P.A. told me, 'it's an obsession, he lives and breathes Newcastle United 24 hours a day.

After the final training session, Eddie remained on the pitch for another half-hour, in deep discussions with his coaching staff. Their intense conversation revealed their commitment to constantly refining their approach and maximizing the team's potential.

As I departed Darsley Park that day, I was filled with a sense of optimism for my team's future. Eddie Howe is young, humble, honest and incredibly professional but above all a talented coach who possesses the skills and dedication to lead the team to where we all want them to be. IMO he’s up there with Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan, and I firmly believe that he is the right man to take the team to the next level.

It's disheartening to see some fans criticise Eddie and his team, particularly those who have forgotten the club's recent achievements, victories over Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, the great unwashed and Manchester United and who can forget those two performances against PSG. Their short memories and unrealistic expectations reflect a lack of understanding of the complexities of our beautiful but unpredictable game. It aint gonna happen overnight.

I understand that injuries have played a significant role in Newcastle's recent struggles, but I believe that with time and patience, the team will overcome these challenges. It takes time, and Eddie is laying the groundwork for future success, he’s already achieved more than we could ever dream of in such a short time.

While some fans look no further than the previous poor result, I am confident that Howe and his coaches are planning months and no doubt years down the line. Hopefully our owners stand alongside them.

There’s a saying in football, if you know, you know, and clearly some posts on the fan groups of late are beyond the ridiculous, some jokers even calling for the manager to be replaced. They are clearly very young, or more than likely living in a land far, far, away. When you’ve watched the lads since the 70s and seen some of the dross that has been served up on the pitch, watching the football being played at SJP and in some of the finest stadiums in Europe over the last couple of seasons, you can’t help thinking that these so called fans should find another outlet for their frustrations.

Eddie Howe is a man who embodies the spirit of Newcastle - passionate, determined, and always striving for excellence. I have no doubt that he is the right man to lead the team to glory and I pray to a god I don’t believe in, that our owners feel the same way. Jose Mourinho, don’t make me laugh, he couldn't tie Eddie's laces.

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Last year, I had the privilege of spending a day with the Newcastle team at Darsley Park, where I observed their training sessions and joined them for breakfast and lunch.

At breakfast, I was seated near a window overlooking the training ground. As I gazed out at I noticed a lone figure diligently setting up a training drill with discs and footballs and other paraphernalia, his hood pulled up against the biting cold and howling wind. I looked a little closer, it was Eddie Howe. I’d heard the rumours that he was first in and last out but never did I expect he’d be putting the bloody cones out!

I watched in awe as Eddie led each training session with precision and passion, he was in total control, it was like a military exercise, nothing was left to chance and the only thing he wasn’t in control of was the fckg weather. It was Baltic.

The drones hovering above the training ground captured every detail of the sessions, providing Eddie with valuable footage for his post-practice analysis and evening homework.

I’ve spent 30 years coaching myself, in the UK, Spain and also in Norway and I can honestly say, what I saw that day blew me away and left me more than a little excited and confident for the future.

Eddie's dedication extended beyond the training pitch. His rapport with the players was telling, they clearly knew who the gaffer was, but there was more, there was respect but also a great deal of affection and a massive all round camaraderie.

Eddie was the only one not to join his players for lunch that day, opting instead to retreat to his office to study the drills and plan the rest of the day. His P.A. told me, 'it's an obsession, he lives and breathes Newcastle United 24 hours a day.

After the final training session, Eddie remained on the pitch for another half-hour, in deep discussions with his coaching staff. Their intense conversation revealed their commitment to constantly refining their approach and maximizing the team's potential.

As I departed Darsley Park that day, I was filled with a sense of optimism for my team's future. Eddie Howe is young, humble, honest and incredibly professional but above all a talented coach who possesses the skills and dedication to lead the team to where we all want them to be. IMO he’s up there with Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan, and I firmly believe that he is the right man to take the team to the next level.

It's disheartening to see some fans criticise Eddie and his team, particularly those who have forgotten the club's recent achievements, victories over Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, the great unwashed and Manchester United and who can forget those two performances against PSG. Their short memories and unrealistic expectations reflect a lack of understanding of the complexities of our beautiful but unpredictable game. It aint gonna happen overnight.

I understand that injuries have played a significant role in Newcastle's recent struggles, but I believe that with time and patience, the team will overcome these challenges. It takes time, and Eddie is laying the groundwork for future success, he’s already achieved more than we could ever dream of in such a short time.

While some fans look no further than the previous poor result, I am confident that Howe and his coaches are planning months and no doubt years down the line. Hopefully our owners stand alongside them.

There’s a saying in football, if you know, you know, and clearly some posts on the fan groups of late are beyond the ridiculous, some jokers even calling for the manager to be replaced. They are clearly very young, or more than likely living in a land far, far, away. When you’ve watched the lads since the 70s and seen some of the dross that has been served up on the pitch, watching the football being played at SJP and in some of the finest stadiums in Europe over the last couple of seasons, you can’t help thinking that these so called fans should find another outlet for their frustrations.

Eddie Howe is a man who embodies the spirit of Newcastle - passionate, determined, and always striving for excellence. I have no doubt that he is the right man to lead the team to glory and I pray to a god I don’t believe in, that our owners feel the same way. Jose Mourinho, don’t make me laugh, he couldn't tie Eddie's laces.

I would say that the foreigners on the forum tend to be pretty optimistic. Maybe on cesspools like Twitter, but here? Don't think so.

Lovely post though.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

19 hours ago, Gottlob said:

To be frank, PIF would rather get Mancini if he's let go by Saudi when they exit the Asian Cup.

24 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

To be frank, PIF would rather get Mancini if he's let go by Saudi when they exit the Asian Cup.

Who is this Frank you speak of? And how come he has the inside track? Is he a priest at the church Roberto has already scouted out?? 

(Btw, can’t believe he’s only 59)

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I would say that the foreigners on the forum tend to be pretty optimistic. Maybe on cesspools like Twitter, but here? Don't think so.

Lovely post though.

Thanks. Made my day that. Love you too.