Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m still a huge fan but the Burn situation remains an absolute mystery. That coupled with Hall not seeing any football does raise questions. He’s been proven right before and the Hall situation is total guesswork from fans but there’s zero guesswork attached to criticising Burn’s continued starts. We’ve been told he’s ruthless before but maybe that’s just when players don’t train to his standards / play how he wants them to

The Hall situation is odd, he never comes on even with injuries. Doesn’t add up at all and I wonder if there is something in the appearance thing and the deal not going ahead. 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

All depends on results, so there's no time frame that you can give on that. Losing games (or drawing games against Luton, Bournemouth etc) is always going to put pressure on him but realistically unless it truly goes tits up and we lose/draw 75% of our remaining games he'll rightfully still be in the job at the start if next season.

Just now, Displayname said:

Backtracks into own box while giving the attacker 2 metres of free space.

"Cheap target".

He’s not great but he the attacker has to score a low probability goal. Most of the time that shot doesn’t go in.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

If he insists on starting Burn next week at least start Tino as well and play a back 5. 

We cant play like this against Arsenal. We will get hammered. Something has to change in that game.

Our midfield is the obvious problem at the moment, it's not balanced and we're getting over-run.. and none of them seem to be picking up any runners.  

A balanced midfield helps prevent Burn getting isolated with one on ones.  We always look better once Tino comes on though..

Just now, Menace said:

I don't think that result is on dubravka, he kept us in it with some very key saves first half. 

That performance simply was not good enough

It's absolutely not on Dubravka but he made the mistake for the first goal, not that it was intentional or clumsy, just shit luck really. However he is part of that defence that is conceding goals like a bottom 6 team would. The sooner Pope is back the better unfortunately for him.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

The happy clappers will be along any minute now telling us Ashley owned us 2 years ago

Do you want Howe out? Or are you a “not saying he should be under pressure, but how long until he’s under pressure” type?

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

All depends on results, so there's no time frame that you can give on that. Losing games (or drawing games against Luton, Bournemouth etc) is always going to put pressure on him but realistically unless it truly goes tits up and we lose/draw 75% of our remaining games he'll rightfully still be in the job at the start if next season.

I think there’s been so many injuries this season that he’ll rightly be given more time. He’ll definitely get the summer transfer window and next season but the pressure is definitely on next season for sure. 

1 minute ago, Jagten said:

He’s not great but he the attacker has to score a low probability goal. Most of the time that shot doesn’t go in.

Cmon now, its not like he didnt give him free space to pick out a pass either. All because he has to compensate for being so godamn slow.

Don't want him out, but there's been some very weird decision making this season, for a club that's supposed to be challenging top 6 as our CEO said - I think we look miles off.

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Our midfield is the obvious problem at the moment, it's not balanced and we're getting over-run.. and none of them seem to be picking up any runners.  

A balanced midfield helps prevent Burn getting isolated with one on ones.  We always look better once Tino comes on though..

Ofcourse that is absolutely true and they don't provide enough between the three of them defensively BUT there's fuck all that can be done about that because we have no other midfielders. We do however have a player who can replace Burn and remove that need for our LB to have to constantly be protected and helped when faced with an attacking player.

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

The Hall situation is odd, he never comes on even with injuries. Doesn’t add up at all and I wonder if there is something in the appearance thing and the deal not going ahead. 

I’d love to know how much of our FFP freedom we lost as a result of signing him. The whole thing is completely bizarre.

Putting the injuries to one side, I don’t see progression at all. The back line is still largely unscathed and we’re all over the shop. Even when Pope was fit we were still shipping goals.. perhaps not as many but we were far from the solid side we were last year.

These games were bread and butter for us last year.

Im not going to overreact to today. At least we got a point but I reckon we’ll have another few stinkers and then we’ll win 2 or 3 and this will just continue on like this.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Ofcourse that is absolutely true and they don't provide enough between the three of them defensively BUT there's fuck all that can be done about that because we have no other midfielders. We do however have a player who can replace Burn and remove that need for our LB to have to constantly be protected and helped when faced with an attacking player.

A change of tactics instead of the same thing that hasn't worked for months.

Just now, Menace said:

Don't want him out, but there's been some very weird decision making this season, for a club that's supposed to be challenging top 6 as our CEO said - I think we look miles off.

I think he needs to come up with a better system to protect our defence. I have no idea what that system is though given neither Longstaff or Miley can seemingly recognise when their opponents are behind them.

swapping our left back is a very quick fix but Tino will still be under massive pressure when only Bruno has the ability to help out.

Shocking that. Didn’t even celebrate the equaliser. Was more laughing at Ritchie’s attempt to miss both chances :lol: 

I think he’s had ready made excuses for most of the season. Can’t really remember criticising him much in the heat of the moment or otherwise. But the fact that time and again Howe seems happy to set us up to play chaos ball like that is worrying and struggling to stick up for him based on today. Not anything beyond that. 

Been played through time and again at home to Forest, Luton and now

Bournemouth. Yet not felt the need to change personnel or formation before or the match. Then reactive during it. 

I thought maybe there might be a slight change in tact after the tweaks last week. But this was the worst performance of the lot (Forest x 2, Luton and Bournemouth). 

A lot of pressure on Willock and Isak to stay fit and have an impact on our season. Because if we keep playing this wide open, with these players. We’re going to get battered a lot of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to know how much of our FFP freedom we lost as a result of signing him. The whole thing is completely bizarre.

Just a hunch but maybe now they see lumping 35m on him as not worth it and given FFP they’d rather spend 40-45 on a guaranteed bonafide left back

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think he needs to come up with a better system to protect our defence. I have no idea what that system is though given neither Longstaff or Miley can seemingly recognise when their opponents are behind them.

swapping our left back is a very quick fix but Tino will still be under massive pressure when only Bruno has the ability to help out.

I agree with you, I think with Miley and longstaff being similar players you'd think he'd at least try 4231 but alas he must have his reasonings 

The goodwill has almost gone.

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

Edited by Ketsbaia