Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It’d be a far different discussion if we were nearly fully fit and playing this way, yet still being 7th seems fine with me, in any circumstance. I didn’t spend 27 years of my life following club to lose my shit after finally being relevant and having fun again under this current run with Howe. 

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s about playing someone who never deserved to be dropped and was our best player when played. Also about trying something new instead of the same glaring flaws in each game.

I actually didn’t think Livramento looked particularly good in his last few starts 

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe has made mistakes (again keeping Burn on against Luton was moronic).

It's people consistently ignoring obvious things (like Burn dropping into a 3 and Trippier pushing on) to make the same points every game, and the absurd notion that Howe should be under pressure (not you) when he's doing no worse than over half of the managers in the league.

Tino is clearly a better fullback than Dan Burn, Howe would have dropped him months ago if he thought he could play the same role.

Burn dropping into a 3 means nothing though when you’re conceding goals for fun. Defending the player because he slots into a defensive system that doesn’t work, isn’t really defending the player….or the manager 

I genuinely don't believe there are many managers out there that would fare much better than Eddie right now, in these crazy circumstances. For example, I doubt Arteta would have us getting better results. That being said, there's certainly a frustration bubbling with the inflexibility to try a new formation for example, to cover our lack of midfield options. (Play 5 at the back etc). I'm giving him a pass this season. Yes I get annoyed at certain things, but he's more than earned enough good will.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Debatable whether it would be.

We'd just be replacing Miley with Livramento though wouldn't we? As I said earlier, despite our squad being horrific at the minute we're still better than most on recent form, it is possible all of the suggestions people are calling for might actually make us worse.

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We don’t know what the target is.  My view at the start of the season was that 7th/8th would represent a decent campaign, and my opinion hasn’t changed.  Part of the issue is the lop-sided nature of the season creating recency bias.  

Not claiming to be itk but my mate is the football secretary, he gives absolutely nothing away but you get the occasional snippet when he drops something in conversation 🤷‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It will, it'll mean the player with the most assists in the league is the one who sits back. 

Why can't Tino play the same role as Burn and let Trippier push on when he wants to? 
I'd much rather have Tino as last man back with his recovery pace then any of our other defenders. 

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s a bit of an overreaction granted but you can barely keep yours dry when anyone is critical of Howe on here. Surely you understand that people are going to be frustrated seeing the same glaring issues game after game to the extent we’re only 2 points ahead of Wolves?

I don't kick off at everyone being critical of Howe because some of the constructive criticism is perfectly reasonable. Some of it is complete nonsense though.

3 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Not claiming to be itk but my mate is the football secretary, he gives absolutely nothing away but you get the occasional snippet when he drops something in conversation 🤷‍♂️ 

Assistant football secretary you mean?

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Why can't Tino play the same role as Burn and let Trippier push on when he wants to? 
I'd much rather have Tino as last man back with his recovery pace then any of our other defenders. 

Yep. You DO want Tino to be able to bomb forward though.

Edited by Collage

9 minutes ago, Collage said:

Yep. You DO want Tino to be able to bomb forward though.

Maybe we'll try something revolutionary like have both full backs able to go forward when the situation warrants it?

Seem to recall Trippier getting plenty involved going forward against Man U and Chelsea when Tino was at LB. Set up the Gordon goal against Man U.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

With Eales publicly targeting Europe as a goal in Jan, if he doesmt achieve it he will be under pressure and it may even cost him His job.  

Eales publicly inviting bids for our top players was more ridiculous than expecting Europe when we had no money to spend. And whether you want to debate one in and one out, that’s another story but he and our our board can fuck off if they attempt to try and push anything on Eddie after the injury luck we’ve been dealt with. 

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

That’s the end of our slightly easier patch

Next 3 league games

Arsenal A

Wolves H

Chelsea A

:scared:

We did ok in those last year tbf.

And should have beaten Chelsea, with next to no one available, in the LC this year.