Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, wormy said:

Cupace20240302191110310.png.6640148df8cb28bfd05a2d4b497ca77a.png

PM me to place your orders folks

:lol: Needs a 'You'll do for me...' on the top right. Then its a £££ magnet.

tactically really good today and was spot on with his substitutions.

really saw the benefits of having legs in the midfield. think it was around 20 min mark when we were chasing back and Bruno had a head start on little Joe who managed to ease past Bruno and make a tackle on our left.[emoji38]

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

:lol: Needs a 'You'll do for me...' on the top right. Then its a £££ magnet.

By popular demand.

Cupace20240302194258637.png.26c7d19382740a328835faf2864ef1d9.png

Just the 44 goals in the last 9 games, the entertainers are back baby :lol:

*League games.

Edited by 54

5 hours ago, Erikse said:

I will go through your posts later. Will I find anything remotely critical of Howe whatsoever? If not, how is my point wrong?

its saturday night, we've had a win.

go see some friends man.

On 01/03/2024 at 15:38, timeEd32 said:

Where are you getting 6th from?

Sorry. It’s the 7th most expensive squad. and 7th highest wages. 

image.thumb.png.404031d02120ee9c925e2e535548d5ef.png

I’ve always maintained I expect us Howe to get us to 7th/8th and qualify for Europe if we can get players back and the majority of the team stays fit.  

Im glad we have a performance to build our confidence on. Massive clean sheet that.  

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

its saturday night, we've had a win.

go see some friends man.

I didn't actually do it, because I know the answer already. Anyways, great win today. Some people never praise, some people never criticize. Just how fan forum are.

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

Certain users who will praise him whenever we win a game will never admit it when he makes a mistake, and no loss is down to anything that he does. A perfect manager, never loses a game with his decisions. Shame he is the most unlucky manager alive.

Here’s a complaint from a pro-Eddie / pro-patience perspective…

I will caveat this by saying we obviously have way less information than the coaching staff and we also have an extended break before the next game plus only two in the next four weeks, so it may have played a factor.

But I think the most fair criticism of him has to do with player rotation and rest. 

Isak starting three games and playing 200 minutes in a week and Willock playing in all three on their immediate return from injury seems an unnecessary risk given the seasons they’ve had. And if Isak is going to start today then it would have been the perfect time to give Gordon a rest. Instead he played 300 minutes this week. Gordon is going to hit 4000 minutes this season; maybe 4,500 including the U21 Euros.

Eddie also doesn’t consider any game won or lost until there’s more than a two goal deficit. See: Gordon coming off immediately following Tino’s goal today.

It probably won’t matter much for the rest of this season, but it’s going to be critical that he accepts rotation as a necessity even if it may reduce the likelihood of winning a given game and that he trusts squad players to see out games earlier than he usually does. 

12 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If he loses a couple of games can we just reign it in a bit though, aye?

Sure will try, but im a little impulsive so cant promise anything. And even though i have been critical of him lately i have made sure to mention that i still believe in him long term. So it pissed me of a little when you sort of implied that im not genuin about being happy for him.  Because I really am.

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Sorry. It’s the 7th most expensive squad. and 7th highest wages. 

image.thumb.png.404031d02120ee9c925e2e535548d5ef.png

I’ve always maintained I expect us Howe to get us to 7th/8th and qualify for Europe if we can get players back and the majority of the team stays fit.  

Im glad we have a performance to build our confidence on. Massive clean sheet that.  

Is the 2023 because there others haven't started their accounts yet? So we might be 8th behind Villa when they release their accounts?

43 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Is the 2023 because there others haven't started their accounts yet? So we might be 8th behind Villa when they release their accounts?

Yes definitely. The squad costs are close based on these numbers.  

There’s a £50m gap in wages which is likely to be smaller but we will be ahead.  

I think Villa’s accounts will show that Villa are right up with us in terms of general spend.  And further highlight how awful Gerrard performed as manager. 

Good quotes these:

“I don’t think today was ever going to be a classic Newcastle performance, but I think it’s a building bridge closer to where we want to be.

“I thought Blackburn was very similar. We got through, that was the main thing. Today was slightly better again and I’d like to think now with the strength of the group returned that we will hopefully see continued improvement in performances.”

Newcastle were happy to sit back and try to hit the visitors on the break during the first half, and the ploy paid handsome dividends when Alexander Isak headed home after Bruno Guimaraes’ shot had been half blocked and then Anthony Gordon slotted into an empty net after goalkeeper Jose Sa had collided with team-mate Max Kilman.

Asked if the ploy had worked as he had hoped, Howe, who lost Kieran Trippier to a calf problem, added: “It was a slight tweak from our normal way of playing. We analyse our opposition, like we do always.

“There are always tweaks and little things we try to do to help us in our performance, and that was one today, to try to maybe play a slightly more transitional game.”

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Sure will try, but im a little impulsive so cant promise anything. And even though i have been critical of him lately i have made sure to mention that i still believe in him long term. So it pissed me of a little when you sort of implied that im not genuin about being happy for him.  Because I really am.

Sorry, I was lumping several people together, it was a bit shit to single you out with that comment though.