Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Where's the streetwise, dark arts, tough to play against savvy side gone, by the way? We look like a bunch of limp dicks again away from home, playing into the oppositions hands, seem to have forgotten how to do a tactical foul to stop counter attacks and how to slow the tempo down, 30 seconds on a throw in, or feign an injury when we're really under the gun. 

We look like we've lost our edge.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Where's the streetwise, dark arts, tough to play against savvy side gone, by the way? We look like a bunch of limp dicks again away from home, playing into the oppositions hands, seem to have forgotten how to do a tactical foul to stop counter attacks and how to slow the tempo down, 30 seconds on a throw in, or feign an injury when we're really under the gun. 

Couldn't believe my eyes when Murphy rushed over to check on Mudryk when he rolled into the boards, ffs. :lol:

Our lack of bite and nastiness is just another symptom of the whole situation. Brittle confidence, no momentum, playing within ourselves. 

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

There is zero leadership out there - we are so soft 

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

2 points ahead of us with 4 of the top 6 still to play

Just got twatted 4 nowt in their first knock out game in Europe

Howe has been without more players than him all season

Agree to disagree, that Brighton team is fairly shocking. Who would you even take from them apart from Gross and Mitoma who has been out a lot.

11 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Based on nowt;

Alonso to Bayern 

Tuchel to German national team

Nagelsmann to NUFC 

Howe to Chelsea 

Actually;

De Zerbi to Liverpool

Howe to Brighton. 

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

Agree to disagree, that Brighton team is fairly shocking. Who would you even take from them apart from Gross and Mitoma who has been out a lot.

Evan feeguson was being touted as the next shearer 4 months ago.

Pedro ahead of almiron estupinan at full back

I defend this man a lot and will always have huge respect and appreciation. I’m very worried about the inability to find a more intelligent way of playing. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

'Lots of good' isn't what I expected to be amongst the first things he says in this.

Thats just delusional . He needs to go 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Evan feeguson was being touted as the next shearer 4 months ago.

Pedro ahead of almiron estupinan at full back

Estupinan has had his own injury problems.

Pedro doesn't play rw

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

'Lots of good' isn't what I expected to be amongst the first things he says in this.

Nowt "honest" about that, obviously he's not ripping into the players and is trying to protect them etc (correctly so). Reality is going forwards we scored two wonder goals and barely tested the keeper otherwise all night or created any clear cut chances (Miggy's pot shot the only other half chance I can recall). It's not sustainable at all.

Agree it's really annoying/sometimes worrying when a manager says a performance was good when it was clearly shite - but I think have to think that's because he doesn't reckon slagging the team off when it's low on confidence is a good thing, rather than him really thinking it.

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He does that a lot - there wasn't any good Mr Howe

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I defend this man a lot and will always have huge respect and appreciation. I’m very worried about the inability to find a more intelligent way of playing. 

I am at a loss as to why we didn't sit back making our selves compact and hit them on the break.  Chelsea haven't the quality to break us down. But instead we were wide open.

He gets the summer window and the first part of next season for me, regardless of how this season ends he’s earnt that. I believe he will be more flexible with styles of play once we have more technical players. 

Currently we have a handful who are actually good at using a football, the rest are just athletes 

The defensive record is worrying. And is a return to his biggest criticism when he got the job. We look a bit like his old Bournemouth sides.  Good for a goal.  And good to concede a fair amount  we don’t look like we know how to defend if we aren’t pressing. And we pressed poorly. 

Howe is pushing the players way too hard. Injuries all over the place. 
Not sure how far he can take this team. FFP isn’t doing us any favours either. 

Edited by maze

6 minutes ago, NWMag said:

He gets the summer window and the first part of next season for me, regardless of how this season ends he’s earnt that. I believe he will be more flexible with styles of play once we have more technical players. 

Currently we have a handful who are actually good at using a football, the rest are just athletes 

These are his players. His style of play isn’t technical anyway. 

Might be knee jerk but for the first time I want him to stay and feel like he deserves another season with all the injuries we have had, but I wouldn’t be too disheartened if he was to go. Anyone else feel like this?