Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Don’t know how to add links. Here’s an interesting read on Eddies last year at Bournemouth.  Www.sportskeeda.com      And the heading is ‘3 reasons why Bournemouth failed to avoid relegation from premier league’. Didn’t realise the injury list in his last year was as bad as ours.

I'm sure its no coincidence

Still love the bloke. Achieved more in his tenure than the last 20 years of anyone else. Cup final, Cup runs, CL football, big scalps, record breaking and so on...

No matter what happens this year, he has my back next season. There's no other option. Anyone who has delusions of Naglesman etc will be sorely disappointed when they fuck off because we can't sign half a dozen high tier players each window or more likely they show no loyalty when a so-called bigger fish ask for their service.

I want stability. I want medium/long term thinking. Sacking Eddie would just make us another shitefest of a club like Spurs, Man United or Chelsea, with no long term plan or strategy.

My main concern is whether the infrastructure of the club is being grown. Are we maximising commercially? Are we producing a high standard of young players? A new training ground? Stadium expansion? These are the things which will shape our future, not whether we have a rough patch in the league.

Holding our nerve will pay dividends in the future.

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

image.thumb.png.9544476ce833df8cf0694ad91596569e.png

Updated. Our best five managerial records in PL era.

Might also be useful to remember that Bobby finished: 13th (1999-00, 32 games), 11th (2000-01), 4th (2001-02), 3rd (2002-03), 5th (2003-04). He was sacked 4 games into 2004-05. We finished 14th that year. 

And 2000/01 was barbaric if were talking about performances.  

There was nothing to indicate what was to come in the next three years.

8 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Don’t know how to add links. Here’s an interesting read on Eddies last year at Bournemouth.  Www.sportskeeda.com      And the heading is ‘3 reasons why Bournemouth failed to avoid relegation from premier league’. Didn’t realise the injury list in his last year was as bad as ours.

Its a bad habit to have

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Still love the bloke. Achieved more in his tenure than the last 20 years of anyone else. Cup final, Cup runs, CL football, big scalps, record breaking and so on...

No matter what happens this year, he has my back next season. There's no other option. Anyone who has delusions of Naglesman etc will be sorely disappointed when they fuck off because we can't sign half a dozen high tier players each window or more likely they show no loyalty when a so-called bigger fish ask for their service.

I want stability. I want medium/long term thinking. Sacking Eddie would just make us another shitefest of a club like Spurs, Man United or Chelsea, with no long term plan or strategy.

My main concern is whether the infrastructure of the club is being grown. Are we maximising commercially? Are we producing a high standard of young players? A new training ground? Stadium expansion? These are the things which will shape our future, not whether we have a rough patch in the league.

My main concern is results on the pitch and poor form 

Just now, Orphanage said:

My main concern is results on the pitch and poor form 

I've seen your posts. I don't care what you think. :thup:

43 minutes ago, STM said:

pin this post!

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

image.thumb.png.9544476ce833df8cf0694ad91596569e.png

Updated. Our best five managerial records in PL era.

Might also be useful to remember that Bobby finished: 13th (1999-00, 32 games), 11th (2000-01), 4th (2001-02), 3rd (2002-03), 5th (2003-04). He was sacked 4 games into 2004-05. We finished 14th that year. 

Because we appointed an awful replacement. Things were starting to go wrong the season before and we should have got a new manager that summer from a position of strength, with Bobby moving upstairs. Ended up making a total mess of it. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Long term thinking is the only way I think.

Your last paragraph is bang on too.

I just want the coach who can grow the team. It’ll be great if we already have the right person in place, obvs. I just haven’t the nous to know who’s right if I’m honest. I knew Pardew was full of shit because he and I have a lot in common like that so i could tell straight away. But I don’t know good from great. I suspect it’s a lot to do with being at the right club at the right time.
When you’re very emotionally invested in a sporting project it’s all too easy to get caught up in the smaller picture. The most reward is winning on match day not whether a training centre upgrade is in the pipeline or some new junior wunderskout is about to join. But as you say, those very key elements will have a far bigger say than another bad 90 mins in South London.

Side thought - did our psychology start going to shit around the same time we hired a club psychologist? Botman's assuredness, Trippier losing his head, Schar's confidence leaning into arrogance, Longstaff dissolving into a mewling baby, Eddie seeming to lose some self-awareness etc.

Pretty sure it's a coincidence, but it just struck me as ironic.

Edited by 80

Just now, 80 said:

Side thought - did our psychology start going to shit around the same time we hired a club psychologist? Botman's assuredness, Trippier losing his head, Schar's confidence leaning into arrogance, Longstaff dissolving into a mewling baby, Eddie seeming to lose some self-awareness etc.

Pretty sure it's a coincidence, but it just struck me.

He was an Ashworth appointment so if there is any truth in that, he won’t be there much longer.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He was an Ashworth appointment so if there is any truth in that, he won’t be there much longer.

Yeah, nearly mentioned that :thup: Wasn't meant as a jab at Eddie.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Yep, you sum it up perfectly for me. It’s football, there will be ups and downs. We’re still a way off the ‘big 6’ in so many other ways, and not just our squad depth.

I did think we might’ve heard something more concrete by now on a new training ground etc. 

Hats off to those that still have the stomach to come in here after every loss and try to speak rationally. 

It's such a painfully tiresome exercise man. My God.

50 minutes ago, 80 said:

Pretty sure it's a coincidence, but it just struck me as ironic.

Season 8 Episode 5 GIF by hero0fwar

1 hour ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Yep, you sum it up perfectly for me. It’s football, there will be ups and downs. We’re still a way off the ‘big 6’ in so many other ways, and not just our squad depth.

I did think we might’ve heard something more concrete by now on a new training ground etc. 

I'm expecting a big summer in terms of the club moving some things forward. If we get to September and we haven't announced a training shirt sponsor and other corporate partners, and we haven't gotten an update on the stadium and/or training ground planning then I'm going to have more questions for our owners and corporate leaders than our manager. 

27 minutes ago, duo said:

It is starting - tbf I do agree with some of what he says - especially around the body language of the payers

Started watching, but it's just a load of bluster without any real analysis or context. Not sure why I expected anything different.

1 hour ago, duo said:

It is starting - tbf I do agree with some of what he says - especially around the body language of the payers

Dont agree with his lack of trust in Eddie and that he can turn it around, but agree with pretty much everything else. I dont care about the results, its the performances the last 3 months now that really bugs me. Its not about the players because the same players looked much better in the past. 

They just look completely shot of confidence and have no idea what they are doing, which you cant blame any other than the manager for. The buck stops with him. 

I dont doubt Eddies qualities, but im also concerned that he works to hard and is prone to burn out. I really do believe/hope that he will turn it around next season after a summer break and a less hectic schedule being out of Europe. 

Edited by Displayname

So glad I settled with beat the mackems, and fuck the rest of the season off mentality when I did. He has this season whether we lose every game or not, just makes the decision very easy come the end for the club. 

I am surprised though he hasn't turned it around yet. Some moments like villa and wolves, but moments, not any kind of form or structure. He's not learned any lessons either, which means he's too stubborn or doesn't know how to change. The elite managers adapt and sometimes reinvent themselves. I thought Eddie was going to be the new breed of that. This season has shown his limitations, and it's shit as you want him to do well and get back on it, but time is running out.

Get humped out the cup at the weekend, and there really isn't much to look forward to, just go through the motions, and hope no more players get injured. Not the inspiring March to the top we all were experiencing this time last season.

Something happened around the end of Nov, early December. Not the CL. That was tough, but expected before a ball was kicked. Something behind the scenes. Some strong rumours around that time, I wonder if he feels let down by a few and with the club not backing him in the winter window, feels a bit isolated. 

Just now, Dokko said:

So glad I settled with beat the mackems, and fuck the rest of the season off mentality when I did. He has this season whether we lose every game or not, just makes the decision very easy come the end for the club. 

I am surprised though he hasn't turned it around yet. Some moments like villa and wolves, but moments, not any kind of form or structure. He's not learned any lessons either, which means he's too stubborn or doesn't know how to change. The elite managers adapt and sometimes reinvent themselves. I thought Eddie was going to be the new breed of that. This season has shown his limitations, and it's shit as you want him to do well and get back on it, but time is running out.

Get humped out the cup at the weekend, and there really isn't much to look forward to, just go through the motions, and hope no more players get injured. Not the inspiring March to the top we all were experiencing this time last season.

Something happened around the end of Nov, early December. Not the CL. That was tough, but expected before a ball was kicked. Something behind the scenes. Some strong rumours around that time, I wonder if he feels let down by a few and with the club not backing him in the winter window, feels a bit isolated. 

What strong rumours ? And I can’t see how he would feel let down with the amout he’s already been backed.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

What strong rumours ? And I can’t see how he would feel let down with the amout he’s already been backed.

Think he's referring to a bit of a power struggle between Howe and Ashworth