Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Probably say it’s just the club utilising the better facilities there, and as there’s no friendly to be played, there’s no reason going to Saudi.

No reason to suggest something that’s not there.

Ignoring the rest of the international callups, I wonder if Howe has forced Hall onto the England "Elite Squad" because he couldn't stand the thought of being stuck on a 7 hour flight with Hall. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Wonder if his excellency will pop to Dubai to make a big throbbing corporate power move.

If you mean Bin Salman he probably doesn’t even know who Newcastle United is.

34 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

If you mean Bin Salman he probably doesn’t even know who Newcastle United is.

You’d be surprised was on the yacht when Staveley convinced them to buy NUFC.

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's better not to have a love-in for Eddie? I'm confused. 

yeah but its nice to hear answers such as why longstaff is off form - or if he's injured why is he playing 90 mins etc.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah but its nice to hear answers such as why longstaff is off form - or if he's injured why is he playing 90 mins etc.

I am not sure I like using the word "nice" but I agree when it's all going your way it's very hard in press conferences to pick fault as Eddie is a master of deflection. 

The performances have been so poor for so long now it's hard to justify we just want to focus on the next game now. 

The wheels haven't totally come off yet but it's good he's been pressed more as the results haven't been good enough. More worrying the performances have also been largely poor you can't brush that off forever as the lads are trying their best.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He can explain the reason, which is fixtures and injuries. But then people would complain about the excuses. 

Early doors and know the answer myself that long term injuries need time to get up to speed but returning options hasn't lifted the results or levels which is what is concerning. 

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd wondered what comment Simon Bird was rattling in about in the press conference. Here we go...

GIuaGbLXQAAW4bF.jpeg

Fucking state of Bird parroting (:pow:) that braindead moron.

There was more than one journo today trying to impress on Howe (knowing that he pays no attention to social media) that the wider fanbase is frothing with rage. Obviously there are some clueless, entitled arseholes like that dickhead above - but thankfully they're in the minority.

Frustrating how much the press pack rely on the lunacy of Twitter as some barometer of feeling. Do some research. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m hoping Howe just said ‘what on earth are you on about?’  

As you can imagine, he didn't know any better so he essentially just sat there and took it, given the way that it was framed (as if the quote belonged to someone with more than five or six brain cells). Of course Howe wouldn't want to indirectly get into a quarrel with a supporter/s via a tabloid hack. Proper cunt's move from Bird.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

As you can imagine, he didn't know any better so he essentially just sat there and took it, given the way that it was framed (as if the quote belonged to someone with more than five or six brain cells). Of course Howe wouldn't want to indirectly get into a quarrel with a supporter/s via a tabloid hack. Proper cunt's move from Bird.

I didn't mind it personally don't want to see it get bad to booing in the stands. If Howe is off media then fan frustration is a valid thing to put to him and as per usual he handled it with dignity and respect. No point him coming out we are well supported and need the fans again and again (appreciate he has said it alot but clarified that the players need to show something for them to get behind). 

He isn't stupid he knows leaking goals for fun and not being able to hang your hat on which Newcastle will show up this week isn't good enough. 

My two cents worth are I first of all totally disagree with playing injured players, injections etc or not; surely it's the creative remit you have as a manager to find solutions around this, whether it would be other personal or formations/tactics. Looking at Hall at Chelsea, I don't see why he couldn't have done a job for a few games in left-centre mid to replace Longstaff who can then get fully fit. That's if you don't want to start Miley, who I understand you want to protect, although at least a few more games wouldn't be of harm you'd have thought. The handling of Botman seems to have been poor and if he's playing like this as the result of any discomfort whatsoever, he should be taken out straight away.

The lack of game time for Hall and Livramento has infuriated me. It was the same with Target, who is a very good player and should have started more games in his time here imo. Hall looked at home in the PL for Chelsea. Look at his performance away to Man U in the cup... he was brilliant. He scored a peach of a goal ffs, you don't score that if you're lacking confidence etc (at the time anyway). I was genuinely looking forward to see him play this season and rotate in games at LB and even the odd game in midfield. I just don't agree with the policy of no rotation/subs of the defence. I know Howe said he likes that area to be settled, I get that, but I don't think you need to limit rotation to this extent. Wolves away being one blatant example.

I think we're ultimately trying to fit square pegs in round holes in midfield at the moment. The flat 3, where the middle player presses high up, is leaving us far too exposed. Granted Joelinton is a big miss in this regard, but when you watch Chelsea's second goal when Palmer drifts behind our midfield, Wilock doesn't see the danger, who's job in that position was to come across and do so I would have thought, with Burno ahead of him. For me, this is not Wilockd natural game - he's a no.10, ultimately. He should be playing off a striker, he's basically in the mould of Kevin Nolan but more skilful. Anderson is also a no.10 from where I'm sitting. These players are not suited to playing inside left spending half the time running back in their own box. Perhaps if we had a holding midfielder instructed to sit in with them, then yes, but thats not the case. I know Wilock did play there last season a lot of the time, so I'm quite aware there's a clear argument to make that I'm wrong based on that. I'm just going off what I see at the moment and moving forward.

I'd like to see something like the following in midfield/forward

________________Isak_____________________

______________Wilock____________________

Barnes__________________________Gordon

___________Bruno___Tonali______________

or

___________Isak_____New Striker____________

____________Wilock/Gordon_____________________

_______Joelinton_______Bruno______________

_________________Tonali____________________

If Tonali has the intelligence to play that role. If not, we need a new no6 imo.

I say all this with the deep desire to see Howe become our SAF. It's clear he is amazing with the players and his dedication and time put in with the players both on a footballing level and human level should never be forgotten. He goes in to win every game and my god it's so hard to argue against some decision after last season. This is why it can be so infuriating to see, what I humbly perceive, as mistakes because I really, really want him to succeed. I'd hate to see nothing more than support for him inside SJP. In this regard I wish he'd read the room a bit more with the likes of Longstaff; people are starting to lose patience - rightly or wrongly- and he needs to be taken out before the murmurs of discontent get louder. I know you can't run a club and team based on fans' every fickle emotion but you've got to be a little savvy at times too and protect any knock on effect to the team as a whole.

Ideally he's given the full 24/25 season and we can judge from there. There needs to be some loyalty and honour shown. But I do hope things change with injured players and rotation.

Edited by timnufc22